AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2006-10-03, 14:46   Link #1
Levski
Banned

BT and download questions (using Azureus)

Ok it seems that only my top two torrents in the list download. Where and how do i make it so more than two download at a time.
Levski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 16:08   Link #2
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=14478 -> queue tab. Change the number in simultaneous download configuration.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 16:15   Link #3
Levski
Banned

How many clients to use?

Is there any advantage to using more than 1 client at a time? Would that mean in the end i will download more torrents faster or will the programs slow eachother down in the end?
Old 2006-10-03, 17:33   Link #4
ImClueless
Rawr

No they will mess eachother up. The download speed is limited by your internet connection not the clients. Also, in light of your other thread, don't have too many torrents going at the same time eriod (unless you have an uber internet connection) because if you do, you divide your resources and all the torrents slow down.
Old 2006-10-04, 13:08   Link #5
Levski
Banned

What speed should i have?

Is it fine for a torrent being downloaded to fluctuate a lot?

I mean it goes from like 40 kB/s to 50 kB/s down to 10 kB/s... it holds at each place for a while, but i am wondering what is the acceptable speed for downloading a torrent?

I am using Azureus and i am downloading the anime Karin i am being shown:

Seeds Peers
8(31) 27(108)

I have been downloading it since last night at around 10 or so until right now 2:05 pm and it is 41% done.

So with all that info what should my download speed?
Old 2006-10-04, 13:54   Link #6
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

We can't tell you. It depends on your connection with your ISP. Also, if the download is so slow, make sure you've forwarded the proper ports on your router. There are many threads on this board that talks about that topic.

Pre-judging from the types of questions you've asked so far, it'll probably help a lot if you read some kind of primer or FAQ on BitTorrent and how it works, like http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/
Old 2006-10-04, 14:05   Link #7
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylf
We can't tell you. It depends on your connection with your ISP. Also, if the download is so slow, make sure you've forwarded the proper ports on your router. There are many threads on this board that talks about that topic.

Pre-judging from the types of questions you've asked so far, it'll probably help a lot if you read some kind of primer or FAQ on BitTorrent and how it works, like http://www.dessent.net/btfaq/
ty...

my internet connection is fast and pretty good. I am guessing it has to do something with my ports. Now i got to figure out how to work the ports.

Anyways ty for that link again and is 2 days too long of a time to download Karin episode 1-24 which is 3.96 GB?
Old 2006-10-04, 14:29   Link #8
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

For 4GB?

Let's do a simple calculation. You said the download speed fluctuates between 10 and 40kb/s. Let's take 25kb/s as average. 3.96GB devide by 25KB/s is 166094 seconds, which is 46 hours. 2 days is just about right at that speed.
Old 2006-10-05, 00:53   Link #9
Levski
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylf
For 4GB?

Let's do a simple calculation. You said the download speed fluctuates between 10 and 40kb/s. Let's take 25kb/s as average. 3.96GB devide by 25KB/s is 166094 seconds, which is 46 hours. 2 days is just about right at that speed.
no i know the calculations and everything, but i am asking what is the normal speed at the seeds/peers i gave or i mean is there a way to really tell?
Old 2006-10-05, 01:12   Link #10
ImClueless
Rawr

There is no way to tell. Even with large numbers of peers doesn't necessarily mean that it will be fast. Afterall, it depends on how much others are downloading and uploading. There is simply no reliable way to predict speed with BT.
Old 2006-10-27, 11:04   Link #11
Niji

It is a bit late to reply. Sorry. Hope it may still help someone.

Since you say you use Azureus, and i use that too. I suggest you ask AzBot what your optimum settings are. You have to know the upload speed of your internet connection, in kbit.

Then you go to IRC in azureus client, and type

/msg AzBot upspeed <youruploadspeed>

Then change the settings according to what AzBot answers. They are pretty accurate. You have to have the setting in Options > Mode set to intermediate to change them. (when you change mode, restart azureus to make change effective)

Then, one can learn one by one what the settings do, and switch them for one's needs. Like when I am only seeding, and dont otherwise use the internet, I put the upload speed to unlimited, to get upload as fast as possible.

As for speed of download. It says, it depends on your upload speed for a given file. But I find, it totally depends on who shares with you. A download can scuffle around with 10KB, then 20, then 5 etc. But when you have 1 peer with a super connection, it sky-rockets, and your download goes up to 300KB.

It is interesting to watch the details of a download sometimes. Go to peers and see how fast they DL to you. Hope you see a fast one, it is a joy to watch (so to speak )

Ooops, I chat, sorry.
Niji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 18:17   Link #12
stereohead90
Stereohead

Where do you download AzBot for imac? I downloaded this www.azbb.org but if this is it it dosn't work for my imac. All that's in the profile is pictures and text no applications, and hey thanks this is sounding really simple if I get AzBot.
stereohead90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-20, 03:53   Link #13
AndyTran
Over Drive!

For higher speeds,
First you can open up the available connections that XP limits
use this utility http://www.lvllord.de/download.php?u...tch223d-en.zip
then if you ever face a download with a huge amount of seeders/peers, download speeds will jump if you change the number of allowed connections

三途の水先案内人
  小野塚 小町(おのづか こまち)
AndyTran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 13:18   Link #14
kirato

i loooking for protocol encryption in Azureus. but i dont seem to be able to find, is it a plugin that has yet to be installed separately after installing azureus?
kirato is offline   Reply With Quote