AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-01-26, 07:39   Link #21
Megane
Sleepy Head
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: UK
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
...
To me, moderating is like weeding. I need to get rid of the weeds so that beautiful flowers and yummy vegetables can grow. I weed out redundant threads that get posted again and again because otherwise you won't be able to find and post to the good threads. When there are two threads discussing a show, one needs to be closed so that the other will become stronger and more interesting.
...
I wonder if there is any analagy to be had here by constrasting what NoSanninWa said, with the old man's garden in Earth Girl Arjuna? In the anime, he left his garden to the forces of nature, and while some of the crop was overrun by weeds or eaten by pests, there were some prime examples of great organic produce there. Would we see the same effect on this forum without "weeding"? If we abandoned all moderation, would we produce some of the tastiest posts on the net in amongst the weeds?

Unless your average forum poster is a tomato, I doubt it.
__________________
warg.
Megane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 14:47   Link #22
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
I doubt it also. We have seen that on the internet unweeded forums become over-run by flamers and trolls. Those are terrible weeds indeed. A more valid question is How much moderating is too much. You could consider if we cross that line.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 16:37   Link #23
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Age: 35
I think the mods are doing their jobs quite nicely. I believe they are also reasonable when they close threads. I hate flame wars myself which a lot of idiots thrive on. When threads get out of control and everybody starts cursing at each other, calling names, pickin' on other people's race/nationality/color and what not, you have to put boundaries. I mean, come on people, there are also kids viewing these threads.
Gaara11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 16:45   Link #24
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
When mods themselves break rules and do the same things they ban others for,then it is a problem
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 17:22   Link #25
babbito2k
annoying white bat
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
When mods themselves break rules and do the same things they ban others for,then it is a problem
I don't disagree with this in itself, but do you have an example of something that happened on this forum?
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 17:27   Link #26
JAppi
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gureibi wo aishite iru
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
I don't disagree with this in itself, but do you have an example of something that happened on this forum?
I don't think he was refering to this forum. The mods here are generally very good.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 18:09   Link #27
babbito2k
annoying white bat
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
I don't think he was refering to this forum. The mods here are generally very good.
I agree that the moderators are very good, and I have never heard of anything like that happening either. But a post like that is a bit insinuating. So I would rather at least put the question up.
I could simply have written, in response to
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
When mods themselves break rules and do the same things they ban others for,then it is a problem
"I never heard of something like that going on here, whaddya talkin' about?!"
but that's not really me...
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 23:40   Link #28
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
When mods themselves break rules and do the same things they ban others for,then it is a problem
i believe the mods are carefully picked. Nosanninwa is a prime example of that. Its like looking for golden apples on a regular tree tho. You can say GHDpro is a good gardener? (lol sorry if i make no sense, a lots in my head right now)
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 00:28   Link #29
JAppi
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gureibi wo aishite iru
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
i believe the mods are carefully picked. Nosanninwa is a prime example of that. Its like looking for golden apples on a regular tree tho. You can say GHDpro is a good gardener? (lol sorry if i make no sense, a lots in my head right now)
I think it's good that we have a good variety of mods. They all have different ways of dealing with things. If they were all the same type of mods and dealt with everything exactly the same they'd be accused of being Very right wingish.
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 01:23   Link #30
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?ってきかないで
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara11
I think the mods are doing their jobs quite nicely. I believe they are also reasonable when they close threads. I hate flame wars myself which a lot of idiots thrive on. When threads get out of control and everybody starts cursing at each other, calling names, pickin' on other people....
Agree!
I think this is the cleanest forum on net so far, as compared to others i stumble across and the ones I was in before, there weren't any like animesuki. Rules exist due to people. They are not to bound you but to warn you. Rules came from experience. ex. people threading the same thing, yet never realize there are already one(happens didn't read the rule b/4 posting.) please do keep in mind that the staff on Animesuki are like volunteers. they've dedicate their precious time to help maintain this forum. and I think they did hell-of-a-good-job indeed. therefore, making a thread that's the same as the exist one is just a waste of time thus troubling the mods the review the rules and debate to close the thread or not. Like you too, mods have their life and it's like ex. NoSanninWa said that he wasn't happy when he have to close a thread. So rules exists b/c of people, not mod/admins.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
I think it's good that we have a good variety of mods. They all have different ways of dealing with things. If they were all the same type of mods and dealt with everything exactly the same they'd be accused of being Very right wingish.
yeah. totally. I think the rules and mods are quite easy on this forum. no complaints from me

Last edited by Oneesama; 2004-01-27 at 17:14.
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 01:33   Link #31
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
The only problem I see with the mods here is that they play favorites to certain groups.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 01:41   Link #32
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?ってきかないで
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
The only problem I see with the mods here is that they play favorites to certain groups.
I hav't see this yet.... example perhaps? But all I see is no matter if that person have a high post rate/etc, if itz useless/against rule thread. it will get close.
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 01:46   Link #33
littlecooldude
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to littlecooldude Send a message via MSN to littlecooldude Send a message via Yahoo to littlecooldude
*yawn* The issue here is that while rules are a good thing, being too strict turns people away. And sig height only 80px, that's kinda small in my opinion, but neh, I'm not a moderator am I.

Anyways, a lot of you have been saying threads become uncontrollable, blah blah blah....flaming...spam... blah blah blah.

Go over and look at Gotwoot Forums. We've got pretty relaxed rules, and we're fine. There's never flaming, and only occaisonally some spam.

In no way am I attacking the mods or their rules, you do what you think fits your forums best. I'm just saying, a lax environment works too.


-----

On another note: Nice forums ^_^
littlecooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 01:48   Link #34
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
The only problem I see with the mods here is that they play favorites to certain groups.
everyone shows favourtism.... the mods are no exception. But ive never seen a mod play favourites when it came too rules and closing threads... only in arguments, and even those are rare.

EDIT:
Quote:
*yawn* The issue here is that while rules are a good thing, being too strict turns people away. And sig height only 80px, that's kinda small in my opinion, but neh, I'm not a moderator am I.

Anyways, a lot of you have been saying threads become uncontrollable, blah blah blah....flaming...spam... blah blah blah.

Go over and look at Gotwoot Forums. We've got pretty relaxed rules, and we're fine. There's never flaming, and only occaisonally some spam.

In no way am I attacking the mods or their rules, you do what you think fits your forums best. I'm just saying, a lax environment works too.
well considering i havent been banned even for a day shows that this forum isnt as uptight as ppl complain.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 01:56   Link #35
littlecooldude
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to littlecooldude Send a message via MSN to littlecooldude Send a message via Yahoo to littlecooldude
Naw, I wasn't saying they ban a lot, I was saying they have a lot of rules.

I haven't been here long enough to tell you if they ban a lot, or even what their personality is like. I simply show you my first impression.
littlecooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 02:03   Link #36
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
There wasn't much people banned in here unless they were very annoying, flammer etc...
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 02:06   Link #37
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecooldude
Naw, I wasn't saying they ban a lot, I was saying they have a lot of rules.

I haven't been here long enough to tell you if they ban a lot, or even what their personality is like. I simply show you my first impression.
lol, im not saying they ban a lot either. Im just saying, seeing how arrogant i am on some of these posts/threads/forums, its not that uptight. I havent even had a mod delete a post of mine. (once they got rid of few words) I dont even remember when a mod said "stop that fool" 90% of the rules are necassary. You said there is no flaming nor spamming on gotwoot, well if there was, im sure ud make rules about that. It has happened here and on other forums, so the mods/admins have set up the rules.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 02:10   Link #38
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Indeed. The only person in this thread who is disagreeing is KingRanger. He keeps popping up to make vague disagreements in an attempt to stir up trouble. I for one wish that he could finally stop the innuendo and simply explain his specific grievances.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 08:50   Link #39
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Indeed. The only person in this thread who is disagreeing is KingRanger. He keeps popping up to make vague disagreements in an attempt to stir up trouble. I for one wish that he could finally stop the innuendo and simply explain his specific grievances.

See there you go. I am stating my opinions and things I have seen,and You say I am stiring up trouble. I suppose I should just avoid posting here all together if I am going to have you on my back all the time now.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-27, 11:26   Link #40
Mr. Bushido
Zoro
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
See there you go. I am stating my opinions and things I have seen,and You say I am stiring up trouble. I suppose I should just avoid posting here all together if I am going to have you on my back all the time now.
lets read nosanninwa's post again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Indeed. The only person in this thread who is disagreeing is KingRanger. He keeps popping up to make vague disagreements in an attempt to stir up trouble. I for one wish that he could finally stop the innuendo and simply explain his specific grievances.
hes asking you wat ur problem really is. hes only telling u to stop making one line vague statements.
__________________
formerly known as Zoro
Part of the One Piece Forum Shichibukai. Capt. of the Santoryu Kaizokudan
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.