AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-01-19, 03:21   Link #1
FullMetalBoyZ

Low download speed (bitcomet)

Hi, i got a problem with my speed, i changed my conenction spd from 512Kbps to 5Mbps, last times my speed was 50 to 60, now it became 9kbs to 100kbs, i should obtain 500++ spd persecs, what happen?

Firewall (i think no problem)
I'm using:
ZoneAlarm (ticked all access)
Bitcomet 7.0
D-link 524 Router (Done with configuring)
Bitcomet appear both local and Remote (same as old time)
Global Upload 5000/8/8 = 78(80%)

Pc Level:
1gb Ram
3.2 GHZ
160GB Hard disk
0 virus and spyware

This is my setting

FullMetalBoyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 08:06   Link #2
kivine

change your max simultaneous task to >1

AND you do have a speed improvement that is up to 100. And it doesnt mean that even if you do have 10000000000000000000000000000000000mbit connection speed , you can actually download that fast.

read the forums for more details
kivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 09:00   Link #3
FullMetalBoyZ

Ok firstly i'm not sure what u meant because u said i can only improve my dl rate to 100kb

and my max simultaneous download task was one already, so what for changing?

All peoples know. 512 got around 50 to 60++ download rate, 5000kbps is 500 to 600 speed for sure, my friend his connection speed is 4000kbps he dl 450 to 500 with bitcomet, i can direct download with 600++ spd right now. So its possible to highly improve my download spd up to 600 i think.
Common sense will explain, i last times direct download spd was also 50 to 60 same as my bitcomet.
Even 1500 don't get such a low speed like 100kb.
Can anyone help me?
Old 2007-01-19, 15:05   Link #4
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Wait.

Do you have DSL? Or some other type of connection? Because if you have DSL, if you use your upload bandwith at 100% the connection will sature and your download speed limit will be affected giving you low performance. Post your upload speed.

And be warned, you shouldnt use bitcomet. Bitcomet is banned in a lot of trackers and some people even manually ban/kick people using bitcomet. I suggest you to use uTorrent or Azureus.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-19, 21:05   Link #5
Ledgem
Love Yourself

If this was a recent change, try rebooting your modem as well. Otherwise, my first thought was what Matt Soulblade said. Are you using DSL? If so, you'll need to cap your upload speed. If you upload too quickly, it cripples your download. Since BT relies on you uploading quickly, you'll need to find the fastest you can upload without impacting your download. The exactness varies connection by connection, but a general rule is to limit your upload to 80% of your maximum upload potential.

If you're not using DSL, what is your ISP? It's always possible that you've exceeded a limit set by your ISP and that your service is currently capped. Try to download on multiple torrents, and see if any of them give you better speeds. What is the maximum upload and download speeds you seem to be able to reach?
Old 2007-01-19, 21:39   Link #6
FullMetalBoyZ

Thank you for helping, i'm using dsl, my speed test result is:
(i chose the nearest location malaysia, i stay in singapore)

I will change my client to Utorrent i guess.

Last edited by FullMetalBoyZ; 2007-01-19 at 21:51.
Old 2007-01-19, 22:15   Link #7
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Since you're on DSL, experiment with capping your upload at different rates.

Also, since you're in Singapore, take note that due to the Taiwan earthquake, a number of infrastructure lines in the ocean were destroyed. A lot of people in Asia are complaining of slow internet speeds when transferring back and forth between North America.
Old 2007-01-19, 23:12   Link #8
FullMetalBoyZ

Hope its taiwan problem. However before i change my connection to 5Mbps my download spd can run fully.

My connection was changed yesterday.
Old 2007-01-19, 23:55   Link #9
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Try downloading from a regular site (not just BitTorrent) and see how your speeds are. If they're limited, call your ISP and report the problem. For my DSL connections, my ISP doubled my download rate officially, but my speeds never changed. I had to call them to get the speeds up to where they were advertised. (And in the process, they accidentally modified my upload speed to be much higher than it should have been... but I didn't report that )
Old 2007-01-20, 12:12   Link #10
FullMetalBoyZ

I got a new problem, i tried reformat to see my download result, after reformat my download being blocked, i used back bitcomet and see the peer and there only have locals.

I'm using:

ZoneAlarm7 (ticked all access)
D-link Router (DMZ And portforward)
Window XP Firewall SP2 (Off)
Download Speed (1 to 2 kb/sec)

Is there still any program that will block bitcomet? Why do my bitcomet being blocked?
Old 2007-01-20, 12:43   Link #11
kivine

the taiwan earthquake shouldn't be a problem anymore. traffic is re-routed.

1. Do note that having a higher download capacity does NOT constitute for a higher download rate. It has to depend on fellow peers.

Solution: Hop onto torrents of high seeders/peer ratio

2. Traffic Re-shaped. Use google to solve.

3. Switch to Starhub

4. Uninstall firewall (a final resort)

X.

">1" . Means more then 1. So you can download more simultaneously....And also increase the number of sessions per ip

Guessing from your extremely download rate. I guess your traffic is more likely to be reshaped or router settings not configured properly

Bitcomet has been blocked by many trackers since ages ago, when it has a history of cheating.

Last edited by kivine; 2007-01-20 at 12:55.
Old 2007-01-20, 13:12   Link #12
FullMetalBoyZ

My game wc3 is being blocked thus i can't host. What is it that blocked my bitcomet, is it my router? but i had portforward it already, help?

Please teach me how to do it.

EDIT:
Ok i off my zonealarm, and the window firewall auto activate, so i off it.

I even closed my router D-LINK524, and tried with only modem.

I wonder why bitcomet and other program still being blocked...... I really don't understand, or maybe its my modem? coz i changed the modem 3 days ago.

Modem name: SpeedTouchTM 516[i] v6 / 536[1] v6 Multi-user ADSL2= Gateway.

i suspecting my modem, because i off all the firewall related stuff.

This is the information of my new modem, there said got multi router. what's that?

http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/prod536.htm

If its really my modem how do i set it?

Here is what they said and i don't really understand what they mean. please tell me how to disable:

The firewall cannot be completely disabled via the Web interface: the SpeedTouch stays stateful (TCP checking etc...).
When you use CLI to disable the firewall, this is not the case. The only way to completely disable the firewall on all hook points is to execute the command through the CLI with the following command:
:firewall config state disabled

Last edited by FullMetalBoyZ; 2007-01-20 at 22:30.
Old 2007-01-20, 22:47   Link #13
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Don't worry about port forwarding. Just set your router to enable UPnP, and make sure that it's enabled in your torrent client. Any decent client today should allow UPnP.

It sounds like your modem is one of those modem/router combos. You'll need to configure UPnP and/or port forwarding on it as well. I do not suspect your firewalls to be a problem.
Old 2007-01-21, 18:44   Link #14
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

I think 75 kbps is a lot for a 0.5 Mbps connection. Try lowering it to 40 and see if the dl speed improves. If that is it, experiment a little with the upload limit to get the optimal rate.
If it does not, then it might be an ISP issue.
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 13:24   Link #15
kirato

there are additional advertisments in the bitcomet version i installed, is there any concern since advertisments may bring virus as well?

is there any options to disable it?
kirato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 05:37   Link #16
kivine

note that you should download from www.bitcomet.com ONLY.
Old 2007-01-31, 11:46   Link #17
Dark-Wolf

use Azureus its very good