AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-01-31, 10:30   Link #1
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Playback problems(WIND,We're in denial subs).

Every time I try to play ep's 19-26 it wont play in any of my players, I've tryed WMP, WPC, Zoomplayer, XviD player, you name it(also I should note I've tryed BSPlayer too). But all I get is a blank screen or a error message that ways it's not compatable, I have installed CCCP and I can play other XviD files. Can anyone help me out here?
EDIT: Just reinstalled CCCP now every time I open my anime files folder Haali spams me with "Error can't open file: The media type of this file is not recongnized"(I'm not opening anything...) followed with a AVI(That's the name) "could not find file" error.

Last edited by Theclow; 2007-01-31 at 16:50.
Old 2007-01-31, 13:48   Link #2
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
EDIT: First a question, Did you install the CCCP with its default settings?
(ie. did you play around with the different checkboxes during install?)

Okay, first try go to Start -> Programs -> Combined Community Codec Pack -> Settings
Then click next, check the 'reset all settings' box and then apply.

After that, use one of the players included in cccp to open one of these files.
If it's still problematic, them get this program: http://cccp-project.net/download.php?type=cccpi
Run it, click alt+t -> Test Render, select a problematic video file, when the results popup click ok.
Click alt+f -> Save Log, save that txt file and post its contents here inside a spoiler tag.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Last edited by Arimfe; 2007-01-31 at 15:11.
Old 2007-01-31, 15:31   Link #3
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Well the first thing didn't work and I get this from CCCPI
Spoiler:

I diden't get a chance to get the log because it never came up.
Old 2007-01-31, 16:01   Link #4
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Reinstall the CCCP, make sure the option Reset to defaults is checked at the end. The option for Enable AVI support should not be checked in the settings.

Try playing the file then. After reinstalling do you still get the error in explorer? Are the files CRC correct, check? Are they locked by a particular torrent program/etc?
Old 2007-01-31, 16:49   Link #5
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholi View Post
Reinstall the CCCP, make sure the option Reset to defaults is checked at the end. The option for Enable AVI support should not be checked in the settings.

Try playing the file then. After reinstalling do you still get the error in explorer? Are the files CRC correct, check? Are they locked by a particular torrent program/etc?
Followed your steps an I still get the error in every player, about the error in explorer I turned on the shell extensions by accident so I think that may be what caused it(after it turned it off it never came back), Yes the CRC is correct, and to your final question no my files are not locked by my torrent downloader(Senice I can access all the rest.[of the files]).
I don't know whats wrong here, it's like WinD encoded some weird XviD code into the're subs, because I can't play any of WinD's subs.
Old 2007-01-31, 20:48   Link #6
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Very interesting error for something that is only Xvid+MP3 in AVI. Try turning off the MP3 decoding in CCCP settings. See if you can do a Test Render or even use the Media Information option on the file now. Goto File->Save Log and post giant madness.
Old 2007-02-01, 02:05   Link #7
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Spoiler for what I get from media info:

Spoiler for log:
Old 2007-02-01, 03:41   Link #8
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Hmm we've run into extremely freakish cases like this before, but I've totally forgotten what the problem was. My suggestion come to the #cccp channel on irc.chatsociety.net and we can hopefully find the problem much faster.

You can play other AVIs I take it? Just not the 19-26 you mentioned here?
Old 2007-02-01, 09:26   Link #9
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
edit: nevermind...
Old 2007-02-01, 11:39   Link #10
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Hmm we've run into extremely freakish cases like this before, but I've totally forgotten what the problem was. My suggestion come to the #cccp channel on irc.chatsociety.net and we can hopefully find the problem much faster.

You can play other AVIs I take it? Just not the 19-26 you mentioned here?
Yes I can play other any other AVI,XviD,MPEG-4(You name it) file in my anime folder, just not 19-26 if WIND subbed it.
Old 2007-02-01, 17:23   Link #11
MugenIchiban

Well, I just downloaded ep 26 and it worked perfectly fine for me.

Im using WMP with CCCP and some other xvid mpeg-4 codec.

Have you tried to re-register filters in CCCP?

I just uninstalled all my codecs and it seems to be able to play still, although it does have a little green bar at the bottom.

Last edited by MugenIchiban; 2007-02-01 at 19:09.
Old 2007-02-01, 19:36   Link #12
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Theclow came to the channel and apparently did not know what the CRC checking was all about . So the CRCs did in fact not match. They were apparently not complete torrent d/l's, or totally corrupt sources. Last I heard he was re-downloading again.
Old 2007-02-01, 21:48   Link #13
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

I just want to say that when I redownloaded it(nothing interupted it, it was a clean download, no hash fails, nothing went wrong.) I still get the same CRC's and errors.
@Nicholi
Heh I'm not very smart when it comes to CRC's, I usally neglect to check them even after a file fails.
Old 2007-02-02, 01:57   Link #14
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Well you said in this thread they were correct, and after going to the CCCP channel I saw that obviously was not the case.

Are you saying now that if you generate the CRC (with the CCCPI or another tool) it matches the CRC which is in the filename? What happens when you do a Test Render now ?

Just to be sure you are doing it correctly, copy and paste here the info CCCPI generates for CRC.
Old 2007-02-02, 14:24   Link #15
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Quote:
Well you said in this thread they were correct, and after going to the CCCP channel I saw that obviously was not the case.

Are you saying now that if you generate the CRC (with the CCCPI or another tool) it matches the CRC which is in the filename? What happens when you do a Test Render now ?

Just to be sure you are doing it correctly, copy and paste here the info CCCPI generates for CRC.
Ok, first of all CCCPI DOES NOT match the CRC's with any of WIND's subs, second I can't test render because I get a UNSUPPORTED STREAM error in CCCPI.
Hope thet clears things up.
GAH! EDIT!:After downloading if for the 6th time I realized that I was stopping a 66.7% then moving up to 100% I rechecked everything and got rid of prallocated space( I diden't even realise I had it on) and now it works fine, my comp crashes sometimes if I leave uTorrent on so one too many crashed must of made it turn prealloacted space on to try to save the file. Again sorry for the truoble I caused and thatks for the help.

Last edited by Theclow; 2007-02-02 at 17:09.