AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Is Naruto worthy of the Chuunin rank
Yes, atleast! 65 36.52%
Yes, but he (seriously) lacks knowlegde 63 35.39%
No, but i think it wont take too long till he becomes it 12 6.74%
No 13 7.30%
No, not at all. He should be glad to be a genin. 25 14.04%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-02-03, 17:31   Link #101
naruto4hinata
naruto4ever
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: i live in uk, england, birmingham
Age: 23
Naruto should be a chuunin because he has been on the most missions out of all hinddenleaf villege Genin, eventhrough Naruto is not has "clever"as the shikamaru however no other perosn as the abilities to get the job done like Naruto.

GO NARUTO
naruto4hinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 23:02   Link #102
Jndmr2
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto4hinata View Post
Naruto should be a chuunin because he has been on the most missions out of all hinddenleaf villege Genin, eventhrough Naruto is not has "clever"as the shikamaru however no other perosn as the abilities to get the job done like Naruto.

GO NARUTO
I agree that naruto should be a chuunin, but not because of his missions, his power, or experience. He shown in numberious occation that he can bring out the best out of almost anyone. And that one of the quality that a leader need.
__________________
One day you'll look back on ur pass mistake and laugh..... Even if you dont other people will.
Jndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-03, 23:40   Link #103
Cha0s
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Pre time skip- almost chuunin level (unless he summons gamabunta, then he can kick any chuunin's ass)

after time skip
Spoiler for manga:
Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 10:15   Link #104
BlackShinobi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
I think Naruto should be promoted to chunin. He obviously could never be appointed as a squad leader as so many of you on this thread have already agreed on because of his lack of intelligence and hot headedness, but i think his overall abilites are atleast chunin rank. Maybe after completeling his new jutcu(which he will 'cause its HIS show) he'll maybe be promoted straight to jonin. Who knows,"he is the number 1 ninja at surprising people after all", as stated by Kakashi hatake himself.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 12:43   Link #105
chaz017
Senior Member...ish
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CA
Age: 30
I would say that he could easily be promoted to chuunin. He has shown time and time again that he can be quite clever when the the time comes for it even though he tends to rush into things. As almost everyone agrees, as far as "power" goes he is obviously fit as well. Many people have said that he wouldn't be cut out to be a squad leader but I'm not so sure about that. When it comes to protecting the people and things he holds dearest(which I'm sure his team members would be) there is almost no one better. Now don't get me wrong he does have his downfalls. Personally I don't think he's stupid like most people tend to say, I think he's ignorant(not in a demeaning way). He just hasn't had the time to learn things yet since he hasn't been personally trained since he was very little like some characters. He usually understands things and has learned almost everything that someone has tried to teach him. I would almost say he's like a sponge that just hasn't had a lot of water yet...ok I wouldn't say that cus that's stupid but you get what I mean. One last thought, his pass/fail rating for missions is pretty lackluster but I still say he would make a fine chunnin. Keeping in mind that "chuunin" is simply a middle ranked ninja...
__________________

"If at first you don't succeed...just have someone else do it for you."
chaz017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 03:37   Link #106
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Age: 30
Personally I think he should go straight to Tokubetsu Jonin with a specialty in unconventional tactics. That way he won't be expected to be a squad leader, but his ability to pull off the REdiculous will be acknowledged, and he'll still be able to run missions under another Jonin.
__________________
"The story you're about to hear is true...and by true, I mean false. It's all lies, but they're entertaining lies...and in the end isn't that the real truth? The answer is no."
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 09:14   Link #107
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
Personally I think he should go straight to Tokubetsu Jonin with a specialty in unconventional tactics. That way he won't be expected to be a squad leader, but his ability to pull off the REdiculous will be acknowledged, and he'll still be able to run missions under another Jonin.
-But being a Tokubetsu Jounin is considered lower than an actual Jounin.
Spoiler:
Tokubetsu Jounin specialize in only a particular area whereas actual Jounins are well rounded and are essentially "masters" of what it means to be a ninja. Considering Naruto's drive he'd probably want to become Jounin than it's Tokubetsu counterpart...
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 09:17   Link #108
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Age: 28
That's true....but that will also mean he wont become a jounin until he becomes skilled in Genjutsu (which seems his weakness). Taijutsu & Ninjutsu wont be a real problem but genjutsu will..
__________________
Mr. Johnny 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 09:21   Link #109
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
That's true....but that will also mean he wont become a jounin until he becomes skilled in Genjutsu (which seems his weakness). Taijutsu & Ninjutsu wont be a real problem but genjutsu will..
-That's indeed right, Naruto needs a Genjutsu trump card ASAP (and I'm not talking about Orioke no jutsu and Harem no Jutsu). I don't care what it is just as long as it leaves the enemy shi**** bricks. Perhaps a move where the enemy is taken directly behind the cage's gates where the Kyuubi is located?
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 10:28   Link #110
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-That's indeed right, Naruto needs a Genjutsu trump card ASAP (and I'm not talking about Orioke no jutsu and Harem no Jutsu). I don't care what it is just as long as it leaves the enemy shi**** bricks. Perhaps a move where the enemy is taken directly behind the cage's gates where the Kyuubi is located?
Naruto doesn't need genjutsu. All genjustu does is disorient an enemy so it is easier to find an opening for attack. It's not really an essential skill and furthermore requires a lot of intelligence to learn. That's why Jiraiya said that he never bothered to teach Naruto any genjutsu since he is not the type to use it. Instead, he taught him how to dispel genjutsu as this would be more useful to him.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz017
He usually understands things and has learned almost everything that someone has tried to teach him. I would almost say he's like a sponge that just hasn't had a lot of water yet...ok I wouldn't say that cus that's stupid but you get what I mean.
That's actually a very good way of putting it. Naruto can learn things relatively fast, but he needs everything to be explained very clearly to him. He's also seems to be more of a visual learner as things won't usually click in place for him until he's seen someone perform what he's trying to learn. But once he has a concept down, he learns fast and often improves on the original idea.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 11:53   Link #111
chuckcsf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
I think Naruto is Chuunin worthy even before time skip. Just because Naruto is goofy and acts dumb doesn't mean that he is! As far as his temper? What's wrong with is temper? Just because he attacks head on doesn't mean he has a bad temper. You people need to look at what Naruto has accomplished with out the the Author making it obvious and stating it directly.

Let's take a look at the fight againts Zabuza... He showed great brain power, a great strategy that could almost rival's Shikamaru's in impressiveness.

His fight with Kiba during the Chuunin exam. The strategy he used was a lot more impressive than Shikamaru's strategy.

His fight with Neji... A more experienced genin and a genius! He outsmarted this guy and yet people dismissed him as not chuunin worthy because he did not show leadership quality? And yet, Shikamaru who lacks determination is a good leader? That's a total BS!

What leadership quality did Shikamaru show during his fight with Temari? This is very unclear to me. Anybody care to elaborate???
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 14:02   Link #112
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcsf View Post
What leadership quality did Shikamaru show during his fight with Temari? This is very unclear to me. Anybody care to elaborate???
No need to elaborate. Kishimoto already explained everything. Go back and read the dialogue between Kotetsu and Izumo. It explains why Shika should be chuunin and is a natural leader. And why Naruto and Neji didn't make the cut. The author himself tells you why the main character is not qualified.

Shika has all the qualifications for leadership. In terms of Shika lacking determination, when it comes to the job at hand, he is very determined.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 14:19   Link #113
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
No need to elaborate. Kishimoto already explained everything. Go back and read the dialogue between Kotetsu and Izumo. It explains why Shika should be chuunin and is a natural leader. And why Naruto and Neji didn't make the cut. The author himself tells you why the main character is not qualified.

Shika has all the qualifications for leadership. In terms of Shika lacking determination, when it comes to the job at hand, he is very determined.
Don’t be so hard, Just explain it ^^

To put it simple, while in their respective fight Neeji and Naruto acted with “Blow things up, ask question later” attitude, Shikamaru actually fought as if was a Mission and his fight would had ended up in a success with no (or almost No) casualties.

If Naruto would had been the leader of a Platoon, his hot head could had meant or either all of His platoon dying ( Because His tactic would had been…Attack from the front!!) or, Lets forget about the mission, lets get some ramen! (now that’s a leader I would gladly follow.)
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 14:44   Link #114
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
... Shikamaru actually fought as if was a Mission and his fight would had ended up in a success with no (or almost No) casualties...
I personally think that he fought in the only way he knows, rather than considering it as a mission or anything else.

He just wanted to survive in the best way he could; thinking about surviving before winning - and take it to the further end. The same starting point is also valid for Naruto, he fought using the only method he knows, but as opposed to Shika, he tried to win first, and survive after.

Shika came to senses during his first mission (acted the way Naruto would have acted, with only the method to achieve that being different) - putting mission success before survival, but, under normal conditions, that would have cost him the lives of almost all the men under his command.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 14:59   Link #115
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcsf View Post
His fight with Kiba during the Chuunin exam. The strategy he used was a lot more impressive than Shikamaru's strategy.
The biggest difference between Shikamaru and pretty much everone of his peers, is that Shikamaru foresees and plans in great detail even before he starts fighting. The most impressive part about his planning is how effectively he executes them and put them into motion. Planning for something is very easy, but going to work with a laden plan is much more difficult. This is where Shikamaru excels over everyone else. He executes a laid out plan almost to perfection. Few of these examples are his fight against Temari, his fight against the sound-nin with the flute, and his outsmarting of the Chunins in which 8 out of 9 of them end up trapped. An experienced Shika might have also accounted for one or two hidden foes in that trapping.

Naruto fights with passion, determination, and tenacity -- but he has never been shown as a fighter who plans with painstaking efficiencies. In fact, he is the worst of his peers when it comes to going into a fight with some kind of strategy. Neji pretty much killed him. Kabuto killed him. Sasuke almost killed him in their last encounter. The only shred of decent planning he showed in this entire series were in two occasion:

a) When he freed Kakashi from the water prison by outsmarting Zabuza

b) When he replicated Kakashi's 1000 years of pain on Gaara

His win against Kiba was just ridiculous. I mean, he farted his way out. There was no strategy in it. The one good tactics was the double mirage, but in the end of the fight, the strategy had no affect on the outcome of that fight. He was incredibly lucky that a fart was on it's way. One can't just fart whenever one wants, you know.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 15:01   Link #116
chuckcsf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I personally think that he fought in the only way he knows, rather than considering it as a mission or anything else.

He just wanted to survive in the best way he could; thinking about surviving before winning - and take it to the further end. The same starting point is also valid for Naruto, he fought using the only method he knows, but as opposed to Shika, he tried to win first, and survive after.

Shika came to senses during his first mission (acted the way Naruto would have acted, with only the method to achieve that being different) - putting mission success before survival, but, under normal conditions, that would have cost him the lives of almost all the men under his command.
I just think Kishi didn't do a good job in what he was trying to portray. The way I see it:

Shikamaru's strategy failed because he didn't take into account his chakra pool. He knew it was a done deal that he could not win so he gave up.

Naruto used force, so??? Does this mean he shouldn't have? He too used strategy that was able to beat Neji. Plus he was more determined to win. If this was a mission, Naruto was determined to complete the mission and was willing to sacrificed his life to complete it. You can't really say that he would have acted the same way if he had a team. I mean with the Zabuza fight, he could have ran off because the situation didn't look good. If that was Shikamaru, I doubt he would have stayed there if you are comparing this to what he did in the chuunin exam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
One can't just fart whenever one wants, you know.
Lets see about that!
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 15:09   Link #117
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I personally think that he fought in the only way he knows, rather than considering it as a mission or anything else.

He just wanted to survive in the best way he could; thinking about surviving before winning - and take it to the further end. The same starting point is also valid for Naruto, he fought using the only method he knows, but as opposed to Shika, he tried to win first, and survive after..
Hmm well, not that I was saying that when he fought he was thinking the fight as a mission, rather the way he does things, is the type of quality in fights The look as a leadership type (th eone for mssions), the one that it seems it would get the mission done with the less casualties possible.

Personally, Even if Kishi explained why Shikamaru was elected as Chunin, I really didn’t see in that fight the spark of Leadership they talked about (heck, I saw more of this while they were Chasing Gaara and Sasuke, for been a Lazy bum, he surely knew a lot about persuing)

Sure his fight was very well tough; but its really a little dumb, If you put 2 people to fight each other, its really difficult for one person to fight in a specific way, rather to fight the way he knows how, Fights are not like a Paper test, where you need to do thing systematically, If you tell me I have to fight X, my goal is going to defeat him, and not defeat him in a cute fashion.

Perhaps this was something along the lines of what you said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcsf
Shikamaru's strategy failed because he didn't take into account his chakra pool. He knew it was a done deal that he could not win so he gave up.
The point was that at the moment Shika Trapped Temary, if this would had been a real Mission, Shikamaru would had succeeded, because his platoon would had ended the Job, and this wahat called The Examiner attnetion.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 15:44   Link #118
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Perhaps this was something along the lines of what you said?
Not exactly what I was trying to say. But I can continue to work along that lines.

Shikamaru's fight at that time, showed his intelligence and capability of high level planning. And that level of skill is more than enough to make someone a leader, as someone to trust and follow. That type of leadership means you have to assign the main roles to others to do the hard labor and complete the mission. Shikamaru is a perfect example for that.

But, there is another type of leader, the one that can open all the doors with his strength and can only use his teammates to help him or rather to complement him with minimal amount. Naruto fits that type.

Of course, there are some people who can have both attributes in balanced amounts, such as jounins...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 15:53   Link #119
Rurik
Golden
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: 9th Temple
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Not exactly what I was trying to say. But I can continue to work along that lines.

Shikamaru's fight at that time, showed his intelligence and capability of high level planning. And that level of skill is more than enough to make someone a leader, as someone to trust and follow. That type of leadership means you have to assign the main roles to others to do the hard labor and complete the mission. Shikamaru is a perfect example for that.

But, there is another type of leader, the one that can open all the doors with his strength and can only use his teammates to help him or rather to complement him with minimal amount. Naruto fits that type.

Of course, there are some people who can have both attributes in balanced amounts, such as jounins...
Well, Excelent post, I did'nt expect less from your part

I think the biggest concern over Naruto been the leader over a squad of people, is his Temper, which could be a killer (PUM intended), but, In the Save Sasuke arc, he showed not only that he can be a good team player, but he can keep his Cool in check. but overall I agree wiht what you explained.
__________________
"when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 16:13   Link #120
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Not exactly what I was trying to say. But I can continue to work along that lines.

Shikamaru's fight at that time, showed his intelligence and capability of high level planning. And that level of skill is more than enough to make someone a leader, as someone to trust and follow. That type of leadership means you have to assign the main roles to others to do the hard labor and complete the mission. Shikamaru is a perfect example for that.

But, there is another type of leader, the one that can open all the doors with his strength and can only use his teammates to help him or rather to complement him with minimal amount. Naruto fits that type.

Of course, there are some people who can have both attributes in balanced amounts, such as jounins...
I agree with that, but pre-timeskip Naruto definitely didn't have much skill as far as leadership of any kind. He was too hot-headed and naive. For every brilliant idea he had, it seemed like he made two dumb mistakes. For example, the idea to free Kakashi from Zabuza was great, but then later that arc he almost got himself and Sasuke killed by walking straight into Haku's ice mirrors when everyone had already realized that defeating Haku would be easier as long as Naruto simply stayed outside the mirrors. He also made a lot of mistakes during the chuunin exam and the reason they got through the Forest of Death was largely due to Sasuke's and Kabuto's leadership.

Spoiler:


Basically, Naruto has chuunin talent, but as far as leadership is concerned, he has a ways to go. I think his skill and talent have increased, but now the Kyuubi has become a bigger hinderance
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.