AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-02-07, 15:13   Link #41
Reika Tsukishima
Super X-Zibits Translator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Malang, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
Age: 27
What make you think this is a joke, go check Broccoli site and prove it. What I got here is a REAL statement and info from them!!

If it only just a joke, then I would be dare to post these nonsenses to the public, expecially to this forums!! I will be ashamed to myself if I told lies to everyone.
__________________
"Becoming strong, when you protect something precious. Do not fall back, for such can led extermination. Choose what is true, and change what is your destiny. To know your feeling, reveal your true heart, and feel the reality of Love."
- Cellaria Markelight, Soul Link
Reika Tsukishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 17:37   Link #42
ShadowMercenary
Obsessive GA Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
I'd like to see YOUR proof of this info. I agree 110% with Benoit that this is all a stupid joke.

Why for me? The whole Galaxy Angel III game you're making up. Judging by the fact they're currently working on the GAII trilogy, MKnK being scehduled for this year, they wouldn't be sullying their time with another game. It'd be impossible for them to release another game when they're probably trying to release GAII 3 by 2008-2009.

So show me proof in whatever form that this is true and maybe I'll take back what I said. Until then, I can't even understand how you could hope to post nonsense like this. Don't tell me to check the Official GA site either, because it's what my homepage is set to.

Last edited by ShadowMercenary; 2007-02-07 at 17:51. Reason: My grammar is horrible
ShadowMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-07, 17:53   Link #43
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Long Beach, CA
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
Statements and info would be nice.

Go ahead and relay the messages here so we can all believe you.
__________________

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 19:54   Link #44
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Belgium
Age: 28
Quote:
What make you think this is a joke
The announcement of the translation of the entire trilogy instead of just the first game, the mention of a patch instead of selling a game (where are we supposed to get the original?), and the fact that your homepage doesn't exist.
__________________
SeaMonkey - surfing the net has never been so suite
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 23:02   Link #45
Catnips
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Its sad that Broccoli won't bother doing a PS2 version(maybe because its time consuming and they're afraid that the PS2 games would fail?) but anyway i understand their worries but i wish they would do a compilation in the near future.... Oh well at least there's the PC version,how i wish the PC version in Limited Edition bundle would be affordable and easy to find..

Seems like Broccoli would release at least two or three more Galaxy Angel II games for the PS2(this coming May) or PS3(2008) before releasing Galaxy Angel III on the PC...
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 10:02   Link #46
Vikitehwaffu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reika Tsukishima View Post
What make you think this is a joke, go check Broccoli site and prove it. What I got here is a REAL statement and info from them!!

If it only just a joke, then I would be dare to post these nonsenses to the public, expecially to this forums!! I will be ashamed to myself if I told lies to everyone.
Which site? Broccoli USA? Animegamers? Japanese Broccoli site? Broccoli blog?
They make no mention of any GA games in the US in a while.
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 15:30   Link #47
Reika Tsukishima
Super X-Zibits Translator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Malang, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
Age: 27
This is still IDEA, and of course they say nothing about to create it. It is a future development. I'm sorry of telling nonsense like its release dates, but that's my personal note. That's all.

Any kind of forms and statements with them is highly and strictly prohobited. I want to post it here to make these infos are REAL and MAKE SENSE, but based on business on both of our company, which is agreed not to spoil any surprises except with the approval of the official company and myself, and with reason not to spoil our relationship, I can't post it. I'm sorry.

So, ShadowMercenary and Benoit, whether you like it or not, what I'm doing here right now and then, is all my doing and it is based with my direct contact with them via person in person. Of course this is one of my requirements to do DEALS OF BUSINESS with everybody else. I'm lived in Indonesia, but I'm working on Japan, and I even see one of their office just two blocks from my house.

I'm sorry for the homepage, as it is out of business for a moment because of viruses and I'm forget to make a deal with anti-virus companies. I take their orders via phone, for now...

Vikitehwaffu, sorry statements mentioned are being updated in August. Even you looked in any official sites, you won't find it.

Reika Tsukishima
__________________
"Becoming strong, when you protect something precious. Do not fall back, for such can led extermination. Choose what is true, and change what is your destiny. To know your feeling, reveal your true heart, and feel the reality of Love."
- Cellaria Markelight, Soul Link

Last edited by Reika Tsukishima; 2007-02-09 at 15:59. Reason: Forget to reply Vikitehwaffu
Reika Tsukishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 18:42   Link #48
ShadowMercenary
Obsessive GA Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Not to seem rude, but several things here still bother me.

1) By what you're doing, it seems like anyone could create a story like this. It would seeem smart to have just kept your mouth shut without any real proof of info. Otherwise, even I could come in and say I work for BROCCOLI USA and am translating the game as we speak. If this is such prohibited business, it would seem better of you to have kept quiet like the rest of your colleagues.

2) In an earlier post, you mentioned no one at BROCCOLI could update an English site because they had no one who could speak english. What does that make BROCCOLI USA then? They keep in close contact with BROCCOLI as far as I know and would be informed to post information like this. As far as I know, they also have a slew of translators that are quite capable of handling a project like this. They've done a satifiable job of translating the manga at least.

3) It still seems odd they would be announcing a GAIII with you and not the in-development GAII 3. This seems like their top priority after Mugen Kairou no Kagi and I'm curious as to why they're not speaking to you about these two games and disclosing some random idea, as you make it sound.

4) I seem to be confused by what you're talking about and sometimes you seem confused to. Why would this "patch" not simply be applied to the game and sold as such? Applying a patch to a game isn't exactly hard and BROCCOLI could simply sell the patched game rather then post it online. This would make it easier for U.S. fans to purchase since importing the original game just to patch it would be messy.

5) If you could explain in better terms how you're so called "Limited Edition" is supposed to work, then I would be happy. Right now, my mind is boggled whether you know what a limited edition is and what makes it limited edition.

Aside from those points, your dates seem to change conveniently to help you defend yourself. As before, I don't want to be rude but I enjoy finding the truth of GA matters.
ShadowMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 21:19   Link #49
rg4619
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
BROCCOLI could simply sell the patched game rather then post it online.
afaik, "Company O" holds publishing rights in the US. Not Broccoli (licensor), not Broccoli USA (uninvolved). Under such an agreement, the licensor wouldn't even be allowed to sell the American version of Galaxy Angel, or to openly provide non-Japanese customers with import copies (which would deprive "Company O" of potential profit).

I'd even wager that Broccoli knows relatively little about what's going on, aside from the fact that the project is in limbo. It's up to the latter to get the game translated and released.

Quote:
Applying a patch to a game isn't exactly hard
"Company O" will have to provide its own SKU. As far as most licensing agreements go, the licensee publishes and sells its own product.

I've only heard of translation patches in the fan creation scene.

Quote:
What does that make BROCCOLI USA then? They keep in close contact with BROCCOLI as far as I know and would be informed to post information like this. As far as I know, they also have a slew of translators that are quite capable of handling a project like this.
Even without Broccoli USA, it wouldn't be difficult for the parent company to contract a translation/web design firm to provide English content. That's what some other companies (the ones who don't employ in-house translators) do.

Last edited by rg4619; 2007-02-11 at 22:32.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 23:08   Link #50
ShadowMercenary
Obsessive GA Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
afaik, "Company O" holds publishing rights in the US. Not Broccoli (licensor), not Broccoli USA (uninvolved). Under such an agreement, the licensor wouldn't even be allowed to sell the American version of Galaxy Angel, or to openly provide non-Japanese customers with import copies (which would deprive "Company O" of potential profit).
I'd even wager that Broccoli knows relatively little about what's going on, aside from the fact that the project is in limbo. It's up to the latter to get the game translated and released.
My apologies, for mistaking the actual company with the licensing rights. To me, the actual translation matters little. I've purchased all the original games anyway and have little problem in understanding them, so I was merely concerned with the misinformation here. But to re-adjust my question, why couldn't Company O simply patch the game and release it? Like I mentioned before, it's much more convenient then making people buy the game seperate, install it, and then have to download the patch and go through with that.

It's much more time consuming, leaves for more user error to be made, and would also reduce the margin of people buying it to those already in the fandom. If the game is merely sold seperately and then the patch made free, how would someone who doesn't already know about GA buy the game? To me, it seems like the already small margin of people who may by it would grow smaller. Even though it's available to U.S. residents, how to they find out that it's there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Even without Broccoli USA, it wouldn't be difficult for the parent company to contract a translation/web design firm to provide English content. That's what some other companies (the ones who don't employ in-house translators) do.
I know this quite well and it has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. What I was stating in that point was that they said they had no way to communicate to the U.S. of this game announcement. Long ago last year, BROCCOLI USA made it clear that they DO in fact communicate with Company O.

I do quote from this statement in an entry here: http://www.bro-usa.com/bb_blog/2006/...l-game-update/

A direct comment at the end of December of last year was left by director Shizuki Yamashita who I have communicated with numerous times through e-mail. It goes as follows...

Quote:
For those who have read posts left by “Milfeulle Sakuraba,” “Schultski Rheindland,” and “Berliana Tsukishima”... Broccoli has not contacted them & we do not know who they are.

If there are any updates to the Galaxy Angel video game release in the US, we will let you know through the Broccoli Books blog entry.
This is simply from the BROCCOLI Books blog, but I intend to believe it much more. It is, of course, a source of information I readily trust. So Miss Tsukishima, would you care to explain to me why your name is close to one already mentioned by BROCCOLI? I doubt that the similar name is a coincidence...

Last edited by ShadowMercenary; 2007-02-11 at 23:45.
ShadowMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 23:54   Link #51
rg4619
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Long ago last year, BROCCOLI USA made it clear that they DO in fact communicate with Company O.

I do quote from this statement in an entry here: http://www.bro-usa.com/bb_blog/2006/...l-game-update/
I read that statement before. The impression I got was that Broccoli USA contacted Broccoli (Japan), who remains in touch with Company O.

My conclusion is a bit of an assumption. However, for them to have to check with the Japanese office for updated info seems to imply that the head office is handling the whole deal rather than the American subsidiary.

Quote:
But to re-adjust my question, why couldn't Company O simply patch the game and release it? Like I mentioned before, it's much more convenient then making people buy the game seperate, install it, and then have to download the patch and go through with that.
Yes, it's nonsensical to release this as a patch.

Quote:
I know this quite well and it has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. What I was stating in that point was that they said they had no way to communicate to the U.S. of this game announcement.
I know. I was actually supporting your point with my post. To phrase things clearer, I meant to say that even if Broccoli USA didn't exist (leaving no English-speaking employees within the organization), they could easily find someone else to convey information in English. Many Japanese companies do exactly that.

Quote:
This is simply from the BROCCOLI Books blog, but I intend to believe it much more. It is, of course, a source of information I readily trust.
Agreed. There're many obvious problems with this thread, from misunderstanding of licensing to misunderstanding of NDAs.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 00:17   Link #52
ShadowMercenary
Obsessive GA Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
I read that statement before. The impression I got was that Broccoli USA contacted Broccoli (Japan), who remains in touch with Company O.

My conclusion is a bit of an assumption. However, for them to have to check with the Japanese office for updated info seems to imply that the head office is handling the whole deal rather than the American subsidiary.
Yeah, it's the only logical assumption to make. But like I said before, I know that BROCCOLI keeps in good contact with their American counterpart. They constantly exchange information and I'm sure news like this would be announced. The comment I quoted from was just icing on the cake, as far as I see. Unless they are trying to deny the existence of thier co-workers which would seem rather strange. It seems rather humorous if they really are simply saying, "We don't know how these people are" to hide the idea that the game really is being translated. And I doubt Shizuki Yamashita would bother doing anything of the sort, if only to help people not to be misinformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
I know. I was actually supporting your point with my post. To phrase things clearer, I meant to say that even if Broccoli USA didn't exist (leaving no English-speaking employees within the organization), they could easily find someone else to convey information in English. Many Japanese companies do exactly that.
My fault, I misintepreted your statement there. But what you're saying does make logical sense. If there was no BROCCOLI USA around, then there would be some form of site created to announce things like this. No U.S. release of a game would just be performed without any form of announcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Agreed. There're many obvious problems with this thread, from misunderstanding of licensing to misunderstanding of NDAs.
Yes, it would just be left to leave the information exchange to the official sites. Though I can never truly debunk this myth, it seems I can at least turn people away until something can actually be officially stated. Until then, I'll let Miss Tsukishima get the final word on my points. Then from there, we can let sleeping dogs lie or something may further develop.
ShadowMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 14:06   Link #53
Reika Tsukishima
Super X-Zibits Translator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Malang, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
Age: 27
Shadow Mercenary, thanx for replying...

I'll tell you something of our agreements with Broccoli. I'm OK with this as probably this is my last reply.

The starting point of all this is from someone who is looking for a good translators in Japan. At that time, I was studying and living in there. This person sees me from my e-mail, and then I began to work for them.
And then, they have build me a site in which I can gather a worldwide translators for their game, but now iut was used for worldwide gaming translation.

They do ask us to translate officially, but we have NEVER given the game itself. You could say, it was a blind work. They tell us what to do, and we carry it out to the brim. We do not know what kind of game or anime or whatever they have in minds, and we're just told to do it. One thing though, they're real about the patches, but this time they have come with beta only, and it is still not official either. If you referring about downloading patches rather than publishing a game with on-board patches, then it should be this un-official patch.

The most furstating part in this week is this. Wednesday yesterday, I have a direct meeting with them. When have finished discussing, I ask them about the latest info on GA III, as in last Friday, I haven't come to them as I depressed enough with Shadow Mercenary. I do ask them and they say it was an Idea at first place. of course I stated this as an idea. But later on this Wednesday, I ask them again and they say it was a JOKE!! More problems has yet come out. CRAP the HOLY MOTHER!!!

We've lost an entire relationship with them because of this STUPID and NONSENSE JOKE just Wednesday ago. We have changed our projects to GAINAX and KODANSHA. And now we do not have any updated infos with them lately, as they are not contacting us anymore.

This is probably my last post about Galaxy Angel, as I do not have any point of posting another nonsenses created by themselves anymore. To keep our files save, I have quit with them. This is for the best of anyone and my company.

Shadow Mercenary, it seems you have more authorities than myself in this case. At first, I think you're from Broccoli, and now I think you're REAL from there. Should I ask anything about it, maybe I should ask you directly.

Farewell,
Reika Tsukishima
__________________
"Becoming strong, when you protect something precious. Do not fall back, for such can led extermination. Choose what is true, and change what is your destiny. To know your feeling, reveal your true heart, and feel the reality of Love."
- Cellaria Markelight, Soul Link
Reika Tsukishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 16:23   Link #54
ShadowMercenary
Obsessive GA Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Well, like I said before, I'll never be able to truly debunk what's going on with the GA translation. To be honest, it is nice to know that we're back to the usual stasis in terms of the GA translation information. Proving that GAIII was a hoax, no matter what the scenario, is the best thing to come out of this on my side.

As for my affiliation with BROCCOLI, I guess it's nice to keep secrets once in awhile. You may be right in your thinking or I'm just an overly avid fan as I like to suggest. In all though, I wish you the best now that this case is closed.
ShadowMercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 15:08   Link #55
Blue Reverie
Rank-and-file poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 30
So wait, what's goin on? I couldn't understand any of that?

GA game translations are still up in the air I guess?

Reika Tsukishima was just a fraud?

Someone give me the cliff-notes...
Blue Reverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 03:34   Link #56
Pakxenon
popcorn
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
One and a half years (first set release date) later....

Reminding me of blink-182: "indefinite hiatus"

Bump because I am becoming ever more rabid, especially since I recently purchased the DVDs of the first two seasons and the first 5 volumes of the manga.
__________________
Anime ReviewsNewest: Gundam SEED, ef ~a tale of memories~, Myself; Yourself, Goodbye Mr. Despair, Galaxy Angel X, Lovely Complex, iDOLM@STER Xenoglossia.
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 02:00   Link #57
Vikitehwaffu
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon View Post
One and a half years (first set release date) later....

Reminding me of blink-182: "indefinite hiatus"

Bump because I am becoming ever more rabid, especially since I recently purchased the DVDs of the first two seasons and the first 5 volumes of the manga.
Not to bump a completely dead thread, but the game was canceled long ago.
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.