AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-01-29, 00:52   Link #1
Fronzel
Schmuck
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Gundam SEED on TV

Boop.



If it'll be on the "Saterday Action Block," it may be edited. I haven't seen it, do you suppose it will be? .hack//SIGN didn't require it, if I'm not mistaken. Will this? How much?
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 01:16   Link #2
Evan
天使我爱你
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: With My Hime Natsuki-sama
should be since it licensed and may b not cause its too early to b aired on tv......the best way to confirm is to wait till the show to b aired then!
__________________
暗殺戦術特殊部隊
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 01:22   Link #3
method
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Boop.



If it'll be on the "Saterday Action Block," it may be edited. I haven't seen it, do you suppose it will be? .hack//SIGN didn't require it, if I'm not mistaken. Will this? How much?

Depends on the episodes. The first 28 episodes are at the same level as the other gundam series and shouldn't need that much editing save for that scene. From 29 on, the gore involved in some character scenes will be editted.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 01:24   Link #4
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Damn it now there r going to be a bunch of Noobits running around thinking they r the L337 Gundam SEED masters...well I know that loser guy who makes anime look bad in my school will and he will go up to me and say "Hey did u see the new gundan show" and I'll be ...ok u get the just
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 01:39   Link #5
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Have you guys seen the voice actors I'm well scared the dub Kero voice actor for Kira...be afraid...very afraid
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 02:42   Link #6
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
So one role determines how well an actor can act?


Crazy!


Please try to avoid negative comments, we're all aware of the state its going to be in (edited and dubbed), so please refrain from mentioning it, and having a big fat cry like a big fat girly girl boy... like this



Have fun and be glad people know about it. Selfish, I swear
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 02:59   Link #7
Fronzel
Schmuck
 
Join Date: Nov 2003





So that answer is probably "not much"? That's good. ANN's edit report makes want to avoid watching Kenshin on CN, so I was slightly worried. Gone now!
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 05:31   Link #8
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: U.K. London
Gundam SEED is licensed.

-> DVD & Licensed


Thread moved
__________________
I want a unicorn.
ElvenPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 17:43   Link #9
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Apparently, the Saturday Action block will be converted into an Adult Swim block this spring, and shows like Wolf's Rain will be aired on it as well (this is according to ANN forum members)... So if that is true there probably won't be much editing.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 18:01   Link #10
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
So one role determines how well an actor can act?


Crazy!


Please try to avoid negative comments, we're all aware of the state its going to be in (edited and dubbed), so please refrain from mentioning it, and having a big fat cry like a big fat girly girl boy... like this



Have fun and be glad people know about it. Selfish, I swear
WTF? You are an asshole. I'm sorry if I don't like seeing good anime being ripped apart by crappy voice actors and I can afford DVD's and can do better art than you anyday. Plus I can say whatever the hell I want to. And as well I'm a girl thanks all the same.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 18:14   Link #11
method
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Apparently, the Saturday Action block will be converted into an Adult Swim block this spring, and shows like Wolf's Rain will be aired on it as well (this is according to ANN forum members)... So if that is true there probably won't be much editing.

Careful Brightman. SVES is still going to exist. SVES is just losing the last three hours of time block. The reasons I don't wholeheartly believe that Seed is going to be on Adult Swim are they said Saturday action block. If it was going to AS, they would have said Adult Swim and not just the non-descript Saturday Action block. Another thing the premiere date is listed as April 17th which is the same day that Animatrix premieres at the start of the block and the other shows don't premiere until the week after.

Oh well we will have to wait until the schedules are out.


If you don't like the english voice actors or the editting that will take place just don't watch and buy the dvds. Problem solved.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 18:23   Link #12
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by method
Careful Brightman. SVES is still going to exist. SVES is just losing the last three hours of time block. The reasons I don't wholeheartly believe that Seed is going to be on Adult Swim are they said Saturday action block. If it was going to AS, they would have said Adult Swim and not just the non-descript Saturday Action block. Another thing the premiere date is listed as April 17th which is the same day that Animatrix premieres at the start of the block and the other shows don't premiere until the week after.

Oh well we will have to wait until the schedules are out.


If you don't like the english voice actors or the editting that will take place just don't watch and buy the dvds. Problem solved.
I know but its just sad that they can't get decent people.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 18:31   Link #13
method
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
At least wait until the you hear the dub before you go bashing it.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 18:36   Link #14
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
um I don't need to hear it cuz I have heard these actors before ...look at the list of voice actors...seriously and I can bash it if I want to so nah
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 20:49   Link #15
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
EDIT: Redone for point-by-point accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
You are an asshole.
Your point? I had some fun, and I mean hell, it's the internet, why take stuff so seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I'm sorry if I don't like seeing good anime being ripped apart by crappy voice actors.
SO YOU SHOULD BE (note: just kidding for those who don't know any better)

Whilst I can understand to a degree the constant whining of various 4kids anime being "ripped" up, I can, in all honesty, let you know that Bandai doesn't "rip up" anime. It's simply dubbed fairly accuratley into English. As for Crappy voice actors, they really aren't that bad, and if you weren't stuck in the whoole "anything from Japan is better" mode, then perhaps you'l- Oh wait, that'd require you to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
and I can afford DVD's
Congratulations. That gives you an alternative to watching it on TV, hence forth you don't NEED to see it on TV, hence, YOU DO NOT NEED TO COMMENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
and can do better art than you anyday.
One could debate the meaning of art beyond the simple paint and pencil of today, thus forth leading into arguments not so much about content of said painting, but the inspiration and meaning behind it. "Draw better art than me" is an incredibly pointless thing to say, because you have no idea what my artistic limits can be (and as you can tell, this picture wasn't made for impressing anyone, but rather, to state a point in a semi-comedic manner).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Plus I can say whatever the hell I want to.
And obviously not have any opposition? nor nay-sayers? Lts look at our next quote to find out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
And as well I'm a girl thanks all the same.
I never specified the sex. Not only that I used a lot of "girly boy boy girly" comments, plus that drawing has breasts anyway so it could be anyone of any sex. Also, even though this might be unrelated, don't think acting like an ungrateful snob who complains about everything and has to put useless comments in everywhere can be forgiven simply because you're a girl. Because that's stupid logic to use, and only stupid people use stupid logic.

Jerk

Last edited by Tabiree; 2004-01-29 at 21:01.
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 01:02   Link #16
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Canada/ Winterpeg
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I'm sorry I didn't mean to really lash out at you I thought you were directing that picture at me and being serious...I'm used to people being mean on forums (I don't act like this all the time). I know I shouldn't complain like that it annoys everyone. As well it is true that we do not know how each other can draw. I was mad because I thought u were aiming the picture at me. As well for being female as before I thought you were thinking I was a fat ass male (with big breasts LMAO) and because for that reason I thought u were calling me a male, and 95% of people think I'm male because of my name LOL. So I'm sorry for saying things I'm unsure of I should keep stuff like that to myself and I should make sure what I'm posting isn't sounding stupid.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 03:00   Link #17
Fronzel
Schmuck
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabiree
...that drawing has breasts anyway so it could be anyone of any sex.
all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I was mad because I thought u were aiming the picture at me.

Perhaps I shouldn't butt in, but...wasn't he?
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 06:43   Link #18
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I was directing it at annoying slobs who think they deserve fully uncut japanese animation for free.

Leo, we're ok now thought, right?
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 07:15   Link #19
microlith
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Folsom, CA
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to microlith
Thumbs up

Tabiree,

You deserve points for that one!
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 08:07   Link #20
JAppi
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Gureibi wo aishite iru
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
Tabiree,

You deserve points for that one!
You just love everyone Microlith, don't you?
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.