AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-02-02, 21:37   Link #121
xaquastarx
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Satisfied and the story was wonderful. I like the stories that Type-Moon thinks up, like Shingetsutan Tsukihime. The Archer, Shirou thing and the fact that the characters were pretty all well developed.
__________________
xaquastarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-04, 00:55   Link #122
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxgohan View Post
there's plenty of ways they could have brought her back, but it wouldn't serve a purpose other than to make people who like happy endings, happy. that's a fine reason if you ask me, because if they don't plan on making anymore you may as well end it on a good note. but ending it as she dies was also a decent way. a memorable way. i still don't like the dream part. i understand it, but i just don't like it. and when you honestly think about how these magicians can call forth dead spirits, it makes you think that anything is possible. especially when you involve love and shiro's determination and uncanny abilities.
I am never against a final fantasy X-2 ending. Better sugary sweet than bittersweet
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 20:29   Link #123
mishka
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: So Cal
Age: 27
no no no

I'm pissed!.....
I was on ep 14 last night, and when Archer got killed I was so very very shocked! I mean he seemed like a main character! anyways...so I logged on and read some of the posts on ep 14 and there were all these people who said that Archer is Shiro from the future, or that Archer will be re-summoned...etc. So that got my hopes up, and I watched the rest of the episodes hoping to see Archer come back! and welll....he DIDN'T....AAAAAH.....I'm bummed. They should make an anime about ARCHER.....as you can see I'm a bit overwhelmed.
mishka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 12:29   Link #124
Question
Crossdresser
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Keep in mind Shirou and Saber are the main characters. For archer's backstory to explored in detail they would need to go a lot into the UBW route, and the main route used was Fate.

At minimum we would need to have Archer switching to an antagonist mid way through the series, then kidnapping rin, then shirou vs archer GAR fight, etc....then in the end the main story becomes the UBW route, because archer dying in the fight against berserker is essential to the fate route story.

I would love a OVA of the UBW route though. Cal it "Fate/stay night : Unlimited blade works". INSTANT SUCCESS. And make another one for heavens feel too.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-08, 19:47   Link #125
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishka View Post
I'm pissed!.....
I was on ep 14 last night, and when Archer got killed I was so very very shocked! I mean he seemed like a main character! anyways...so I logged on and read some of the posts on ep 14 and there were all these people who said that Archer is Shiro from the future, or that Archer will be re-summoned...etc. So that got my hopes up, and I watched the rest of the episodes hoping to see Archer come back! and welll....he DIDN'T....AAAAAH.....I'm bummed. They should make an anime about ARCHER.....as you can see I'm a bit overwhelmed.
Forget archer. More Rider please!
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 00:10   Link #126
Question
Crossdresser
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Yea i too wish rider had been more than just the early antagonist. But again i cant imagine how they can get into her story without going into HF. Since you know shes trying to kill shirou the entire time.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-09, 12:41   Link #127
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Survive the Excalibur and get back with Sakura? Have Shirou rip Shinji's arm off and take Rider under his command? Shirou realizing Rider is a nice girl and instead simply killing Shinji instead?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 22:09   Link #128
Question
Crossdresser
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
If rider survives the excalibur a ton of people would complain. Shirou also had no idea where shinji was until he started panicking and ran at the last moment. Its thereotically possible but would require significant changes to the storyline and then you may as well make it a HF storyline from the start.
__________________
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 01:41   Link #129
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Bleh, then Shirou shoulda just killed Shinji at saber's/rider's school fight, or at the least haxed off his arm or taken the book or whatever just to take Rider over.

Saber+Rider on a team = pwnage.

Rider+Caster in bed =
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 14:14   Link #130
Asian
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
The overall anime was great, but the ending annoyed the hell out of me
;P Bleh, Saber shouldn't have gone back to her own time.
She needs to be more selfish.

Question: What happens to the relation between Rin and Shirou after the anime?

o.o For some reason, I think they get together, but yeah.....

Like anyone knows what happens in hollow/axteria, or however its spelled?
Asian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 17:20   Link #131
capture
Saber's Husband XD
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Bleh, then Shirou shoulda just killed Shinji at saber's/rider's school fight, or at the least haxed off his arm or taken the book or whatever just to take Rider over.

Saber+Rider on a team = pwnage.

Rider+Caster in bed =
Agree


Rider+Caster and Rin+Saber in bed =
__________________
capture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-14, 21:56   Link #132
TigerII
Pilot in Training
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Earth
Was good. Ending kinda sucked, but o well. She died, he didn't.

But look at it this way, unless a new season, movie, or OVA is made, it is assumed that there will not be anything new with this. Who is to say that he was not tragically killed the next day. Say a bus hit him or something. Then they can be together. Or at the very least they meet when he finally does pass on, or that she watches over him.

Come on, sad ending, but does no one know how to be optimistic? Just trying to help those who seemed rather upset.

Last edited by TigerII; 2007-02-14 at 23:57.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 14:12   Link #133
mlai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
How about this? The story ends anyways. That's it, you don't get to enjoy any more of it. So what does it matter whether they stay together or not?

As for Shirou's lifespan... I think it makes sense that he'll die the same age Archer died (mid-late 20's), younger than Kiritsugu was when he died. Heroes don't usually live very long.

The biggest thematic contribution to Archer = Shirou, for me, is that it emphatically points out that the hero of this story doesn't get to have a long happy life, whether or not he's triumphant at the end of THIS adventure. It rips your comicbook-superheroes security blanket right off, and plops you square into Nasu's life lesson of "heroism requires great sacrifices."

The hero-vs-dark-twin angle of Archer = Shirou, by contrast, is overplayed in stories. So that aspect has little impact with me.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 19:12   Link #134
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
How about this? The story ends anyways. That's it, you don't get to enjoy any more of it. So what does it matter whether they stay together or not?

As for Shirou's lifespan... I think it makes sense that he'll die the same age Archer died (mid-late 20's), younger than Kiritsugu was when he died. Heroes don't usually live very long.

The biggest thematic contribution to Archer = Shirou, for me, is that it emphatically points out that the hero of this story doesn't get to have a long happy life, whether or not he's triumphant at the end of THIS adventure. It rips your comicbook-superheroes security blanket right off, and plops you square into Nasu's life lesson of "heroism requires great sacrifices."

The hero-vs-dark-twin angle of Archer = Shirou, by contrast, is overplayed in stories. So that aspect has little impact with me.
Only the idiot heroes find something to die for. The smart heroes care more for their own security so they can pwn the bad guys more.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-15, 20:52   Link #135
mlai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
It's not looking to die. It's that, by the very nature of being a hero, you're putting your own life on the line for something you believe in. It's dangerous work.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 01:42   Link #136
Areguzanda
Ecchi!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oslo, Norway
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
It's not looking to die. It's that, by the very nature of being a hero, you're putting your own life on the line for something you believe in. It's dangerous work.
though it may be dangerous, a real hero only has 1 goal in his life.
and if he completes that goal why should there be a reason for him/her to be alive any more?

I think it is like this:
everybody has dreams and goals.
without them you are nothing.
but what do you do if you have completed all your dreams and goals?
then you have no more to look forward to, right?
so then whats the point of continue living if you have no further goals?
I think I could die happy and complete if I completed all my dreams and goals in my life.
__________________


Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 09:03   Link #137
mlai
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Hmm, he can choose to live on in order to keep accomplishing his goals and pursuing his dreams. Ppl don't have definite objectives in life, like a machine. If you become rich, you want to be richer. If you save 1 person, you want to save another 1.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-16, 09:26   Link #138
Areguzanda
Ecchi!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oslo, Norway
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
Hmm, he can choose to live on in order to keep accomplishing his goals and pursuing his dreams. Ppl don't have definite objectives in life, like a machine. If you become rich, you want to be richer. If you save 1 person, you want to save another 1.
well sure you can.
absolutely you can add more to your dreams and goals.
I just meant that IF you don't have any more dreams or goals.
(not likely to happen but it does happen sometimes)
__________________


Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 22:24   Link #139
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Then you enjoy your accomplishments and pass your knowledge to the next generation. Hell, my accounting professor used to be the CEO at one point of some multi-billion dollar company in England. Odds are, he's set for several lifetimes. He's very much alive, and now he's a professor out of his own avail.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 01:07   Link #140
violet123
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Age: 26
um, on a different note

i really enjoyed this series. I think it's mostly because I haven't played the game so I didn't really expect much out of it. I think for most people who haven't played the game, the anime is super fantastic
violet123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.