AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 58 53.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 27.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 9.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.93%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-02-22, 16:54   Link #41
seraphon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructive View Post
Suzaku seriously needs to be annihilated.
totally rigth....
I thougth I already hated suzaku to the max but they found a way to make me hate him more.
Not only suzaku is retarded but he is also a damn coward. Men zero had him but zero HAD to ask this traitor to join him and thus giving him the chance to take him hostage.
And to accept being bombed with zero? Does he want to be a martyr or what? Cant he just shoot him like the traitor he is?
Damn it suzaku, never thougth you could sink even lower but you keep surprising me

-end of the post of hatred towards suzaku-
seraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 16:58   Link #42
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Cyber Orange-kun: VOLTO-TEKKA!!!!!!
I did originally link Jeremiah to Tekkaman Blade.. :3

& its VolTekka..

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Why does he remind me of Kazuma from s-CRY-ed?
Because its Goro.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 17:00   Link #43
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: SLB, Slovenia
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructive View Post
Suzaku seriously needs to be annihilated.
Why? To make the show more boring?

and seraphon at it again. Can't wait to see Suzaku really do something terrible just os io can laugh at you

oh and tnx aohige for the summary .
__________________
"I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 17:02   Link #44
monstratboy
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Manchester, England
I really hope we get a decent explanation of how they all survived. Especially Laksharta who was the only one without some kind of protective gear.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 17:13   Link #45
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Dalton showcased how he's an honorable man.
Cornelia as well as most Britanians weren't happy about Suzaku being knighted...
but Dalton, who acknowledges the person's ability regardless of his/her race, and Lloyd, being scientist who couldn't give a rat's ass about one's race, started the clap for everyone.

Dalton reminds me of Toudou. They both share a similar bushido value.

Btw, when Zero was making speech about the reorganization of OoBK, there were people unhappy about Diethart being appointed to such an important position, for both being Britanian and being part of the mass media. Zero silenced them telling them how he himself isn't a Japanese either, and he doesn't care for their past, origin, or race.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 17:15   Link #46
Destructive
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Why? To make the show more boring?

and seraphon at it again. Can't wait to see Suzaku really do something terrible just os io can laugh at you
If he wasn't in the way, it would be more interesting. A slow a painful death would do it. Then Zero can move on with his life and embark on Armageddon. That's more fun to watch then Suzaku coming in as superman with his ridiculous ideals and stopping the action.
Destructive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 17:22   Link #47
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstratboy View Post
I really hope we get a decent explanation of how they all survived. Especially Laksharta who was the only one without some kind of protective gear.
...you mean other than the fact this is a sunrise series? 0_o
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 17:29   Link #48
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
totally rigth....
I thougth I already hated suzaku to the max but they found a way to make me hate him more.
Not only suzaku is retarded but he is also a damn coward. Men zero had him but zero HAD to ask this traitor to join him and thus giving him the chance to take him hostage.
And to accept being bombed with zero? Does he want to be a martyr or what? Cant he just shoot him like the traitor he is?
Damn it suzaku, never thougth you could sink even lower but you keep surprising me

-end of the post of hatred towards suzaku-
I take it you haven't watched the episode where Mao dies

As Mao had pointed out, Suzaku wants to die. In his POV Zero's methods are too radical and will cause more people to die. Therefore, he doesn't care if he dies so long as it serves some purpose (Like the execution).

Besides, if Suzaku shot Lelouch right there then the show wouldn't continue now would it?

Quote:
Dalton showcased how he's an honorable man.
Cornelia as well as most Britanians weren't happy about Suzaku being knighted...
but Dalton, who acknowledges the person's ability regardless of his/her race, and Lloyd, being scientist who couldn't give a rat's ass about one's race, started the clap for every
He's already pointed out that he doesn't care about race so long as they can produce results.

I wonder though, how did Marianne's marriage to the emperor looked like. I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar to Suzaku's knighting case.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 17:32   Link #49
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
holy crap haha! XD
Spoiler:
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 17:37   Link #50
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Behind you!
Send a message via MSN to Airi Send a message via Skype™ to Airi
Shirley seemed really angry!!!! Does she hate Lulu now!? I hope not!!!!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 18:22   Link #51
seraphon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I take it you haven't watched the episode where Mao dies

As Mao had pointed out, Suzaku wants to die. In his POV Zero's methods are too radical and will cause more people to die. Therefore, he doesn't care if he dies so long as it serves some purpose (Like the execution).

Besides, if Suzaku shot Lelouch right there then the show wouldn't continue now would it?
I did see the ep with mao but my point is that dying in a bombardment while restraining zero is not an act of repentment but the act of a martyr wich doesnt suit suzaku. He should have killed zero than the most black knigths he could (or no BK) before being shot himself .In either case there ougth to be casualties and isnt the goal of suzaku only zero? By killing zero directly there wouldnt be any bombardment wich would spare some peoples lives wich is one of suzaku's goal no?
seraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 18:24   Link #52
blablablub.
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
If u look at the last pic from the "new" OP it seems that the Black Knights have more women then men, somehow strange.
blablablub. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 18:27   Link #53
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by blablablub. View Post
If u look at the last pic from the "new" OP it seems that the Black Knights have more women then men, somehow strange.
They're from the Zero fanclub. "He must be HOT behind that mask!" "Yeah totally!"
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 18:30   Link #54
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
I did see the ep with mao but my point is that dying in a bombardment while restraining zero is not an act of repentment but the act of a martyr wich doesnt suit suzaku. He should have killed zero than the most black knigths he could (or no BK) before being shot himself .In either case there ougth to be casualties and isnt the goal of suzaku only zero? By killing zero directly there wouldnt be any bombardment wich would spare some peoples lives wich is one of suzaku's goal no?
the means aren't that a problem though... but, his reckless thinking is way beyond his prior claim about peace, and all the BS morality he was carrying with his... "happy dovey" campain to change Britannia Empire from within.

talk about non sense, when everything become fruitless with such act like this... (suzaku was correct for his statment in clovis' case even though he should have been executed with a 99% chance to happen so, but here, his foolish cliché suicide with zero makes no sense to me, but meh...)

is it because of mao, or suzaku became really the "HUGE" delusional idiot? (i can't believe i voted for him in the poll a while ago )
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 18:37   Link #55
xcxcxcc
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mexico
orange is back and upgraded yay he looks so cool
im extreamly confused right now but by the looks of the screenpics it looks like a really good episode

Spoiler:


why does everyone hate suzaku anyways, without him this show wouldnt be the same it'll be so boring u need to have him in the show the story woudnt be more interesting because it'll make things easier for zero there would be no drama, and besides he is like paris hilton people love to hate them if u know wat i mean
__________________
C:\Documents and Settings\Carlos Portillo\My Documents\My Pictures\ergo_915x110.jpg
Cause everything that you thought I will be
Has fallen apart right infront of you
xcxcxcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 18:42   Link #56
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcxcxcc View Post
-
why does everyone hate suzaku anyways, without him this show wouldnt be the same it'll be so boring u need to have him in the show the story woudnt be more interesting because it'll make things easier for zero there would be no drama, and besides he is like paris hilton people love to hate them if u know wat i mean
well, t me, suzaku is really annoying for a lot of reasons :
1) Godly kira syndrome, in terms of Knightmare pilot, and even as a "simple human soldier", as seen in ep 16
2) personnality, which is a bit too cliché? (especially the infamous "YOU ARE WRONG, 'I'M JUSTICE, BUT I STILL KILL PEOPLE, BUT NUUU, WHAT I DO IS GOOD")
3) his character development, which became completely chaotic.
while there were interesting parts (i.e : his father "suicide" case), the recent decisions he made was completely silly, and crushing the very first ideal he had and claimed. (peace, yada yada)

suzaku had a pretty good potential, but now, he is really out of the road, with so much silly contradictions, and overwhelming annoying whiney moments.

seriously, you can have a great tormented oppenent, without giving too much "goody" aspects, or a replica of the main protagonist. however, suzaku is really too messed up.

fortunately, he is not as annoying as Nina... for the moment ~~

(again, this is only my opinion, but this is how i see the "suzaku bashing" vibe here)
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 18:46   Link #57
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcxcxcc View Post
orange is back and upgraded yay he looks so cool
im extreamly confused right now but by the looks of the screenpics it looks like a really good episode

Spoiler:
Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by xcxcxcc View Post
why does everyone hate suzaku anyways, without him this show wouldnt be the same it'll be so boring u need to have him in the show the story woudnt be more interesting because it'll make things easier for zero there would be no drama, and besides he is like paris hilton people love to hate them if u know wat i mean
Because, it's obviously the creators' intention for the audiences to feel negative about Suzaku.
They are doing everything they can to portray his hypocracy.
Suzaku is like a dish served on a platter to the audience by Taniguchi. "here, hate this guy."

That's like saying, "why does everyone hate *insert name of a villain*? Without him the story would be boring".
Yes, he's important to the story, but acknowledging his part in the story has nothing to do with liking him.
Disliking characters like him is part of enjoying the show.
We're all just dancing on the creator's buddha hands.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 18:57   Link #58
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
the problem is : you don't have to make an antagonist "with is sole purpose to be hated".
if only it was that, that would be okay, but rather, suzaku is simply illogic. he is almost a better "deus ex machina" than C.C oO

that's a shame, since having a serie with both the protagonist and antagonist as likable characters is really delightful... who just don't know who to cheer (the usual "not so baddy" protagonist, like Zagat of Magic Knight Rayearth, or the Wolkenritter of Mahou Shoujou Lyrical Nanoha A's)
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 19:07   Link #59
xcxcxcc
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Mexico
aohige thanx now i get why so many ppl hate him anywyas enough of that can someone tell m ewhat was goin on in this scene???

Spoiler:
__________________
C:\Documents and Settings\Carlos Portillo\My Documents\My Pictures\ergo_915x110.jpg
Cause everything that you thought I will be
Has fallen apart right infront of you
xcxcxcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 19:11   Link #60
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
the problem is : you don't have to make an antagonist "with is sole purpose to be hated".
if only it was that, that would be okay, but rather, suzaku is simply illogic. he is almost a better "deus ex machina" than C.C oO

that's a shame, since having a serie with both the protagonist and antagonist as likable characters is really delightful... who just don't know who to cheer (the usual "not so baddy" protagonist, like Zagat of Magic Knight Rayearth, or the Wolkenritter of Mahou Shoujou Lyrical Nanoha A's)
You know, totally OT but recent anime and manga has been very devoid of pure "evil bad guy".
This week's shonen Jump's Neuro's new villain reminded me of that.
He said how "You know these days, stories are full of villains who 'aren't actually so bad...they had their reasons' crap, and there aren't any truely evil villains who you really wanna blow up?"
And as he says those lines, pictures of Magneto and Darth Vader were in the background.

I would like to see a true "evil" last-boss antagonist back in anime and manga sometime. Sorta like the Nazi Lieutenant in Hellsing (manga and OVA, not TV) and Dio in Jojo.

Those types of villains can make stories interesting too, simply for the fact that they are totally lacking in recent years. Badguys SOOOOO evil to the point that they are attractive.

Anyways, back to the topic...
Suzaku's place is an antithesis of Lulu. He's meant to be annoying.
The true antagonist of the show is probably Schneizel and the Emperor.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.