AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-24, 16:45   Link #1
Puffer_Ape

sci-fi recomendations please

I just finished reading the viz translation of Nausicaa, and loved it (though the ending was a little unsatisfying...).

Now I'm looking for something similar to read next. I'd like to find a manga that is sci-fi, maybe post apocalyptic, with a good mix of action and character development.

I guess what I most want is a manga with an interesting, well realized world that is important to the story. I really liked Planetes, but the setting was secondary to the emotional development of the characters. But, in Nausicaa the environment and history are as important as any of the characters.

I acutally like both kinds of manga, but right now I'm in the mood for an engrossing world...

Any recomendations?

TIA!
Old 2007-02-24, 17:50   Link #2
jedinat
フリーター

Battle Angel Alita - pretty good post-apocalyptic action manga (char development and realized setting included)
Old 2007-02-25, 12:02   Link #3
Puffer_Ape

good idea

I remember seeing the Battle Angel anime about a 1000 years ago, but it never occured to me to look for the manga... Thanks!

I also got the first volume of appleseed, and it's pretty good... but I can't really find part two.
Old 2007-02-25, 12:40   Link #4
7Th
Mixtape

Eden by Hiroki Endo and Akira by Otomo are two of the best sci-fi manga you can get out there.
Closed Thread