AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-02-27, 13:15   Link #61
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I just can't get over the facts that Orochimaru showed his true form + became an ugly monster + is crying Sasuke's name pathetically + had childhood flashback.

I mean really this scream Oro's destruction.

At best I can see Kabuto saving the remains of his master here so Oro can return later somehow.
I don't understand why Oro wanted to show its true form to Sasuke. Maybe, he wanted to make it easier for himself to take over Sasuke's body. As a snake, he may not even use basic ninja techniques, that is really not good.

But, I don't think his true form being disgusting (how many times we have seen Oro without feeling any kind of disgust) or crying Sasuke's name that way (after the breakdown with Itachi, that kind of interpretation is not bad, actually it makes Oro more humanly) matter a lot. Oro hasn't shown the relationship between Kusanagi and his true form yet, too.

Childhood flashback can mean two things, one is as you said, to make us ready for a separation (we saw it with Sarutobi and Sasori). However, the other one, can mean giving him more strength towards what he can do or plan to do (Naruto, Gaara, Sasuke, etc., many major characters have some kind of flashback).

If it comes to killing Sasuke or dying, I think Oro will choose the first one - although this will most probably result in Sasuke escaping. He has to, otherwise, he will be forced to choose the path that Sasori was forced to choose. And, the first decision will give a more interesting material for the future chapters.

It will be a "very" long week, the next week.

I wouldn't have thought that I would be put in a situation to prefer Oro staying alive rather than him dying.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 13:22   Link #62
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Well if so...i hope they temporary remove Orochimaru from the picture like they did with Gaara (Kazekage). And that he'll come back bigger & stronger then ever.

He cant be the demon himself because....why bother with an immortality jutsu if you are already immortal...he must be a halfling...
He's neither. His current condition is the result of his own experimentation.
In a similar fashion than Sasori he seems to have almost completely got ride of his humanity to reach immortality. Except that instead of becoming an almost emotionless puppet he actually became a monster.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 15:35   Link #63
Sinaura
Fat Warlord
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
All right so we know Orochimaru's true form now huh? It makes the guy even creepier.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 15:40   Link #64
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I don't understand why Oro wanted to show its true form to Sasuke. Maybe, he wanted to make it easier for himself to take over Sasuke's body. As a snake, he may not even use basic ninja techniques, that is really not good.
I'm not sure he had a choice, his hands were already fucked and pinned down to the wall and his body was probably already numb from the Lighning.
He had to get out of this body and maybe he thought he had to invade Sasuke's body right away rather than losing more strength?
Maybe his real form is more resiliant and powerful but can't survive on its own for long? Let's wait the actual chapter to see exactly how it went.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 15:55   Link #65
chuckcsf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I'm not sure he had a choice, his hands were already fucked and pinned down to the wall and his body was probably already numb from the Lighning.
He had to get out of this body and maybe he thought he had to invade Sasuke's body right away rather than losing more strength?
Maybe his real form is more resiliant and powerful but can't survive on its own for long? Let's wait the actual chapter to see exactly how it went.
Maybe this is how he transfers his soul to the new body.....

In regards to Naruto's taijutsu training....

Have you guys ever heard of "10% body and 90% mind"? Even if Naruto's KB training only transmits experience and knowledge but that should still work for him if he strengthens his mind. He has a strong body anyways and his body will just adjust to his stronger mind.
chuckcsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 16:11   Link #66
Sazelyt
F i n
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I'm not sure he had a choice, his hands were already fucked and pinned down to the wall and his body was probably already numb from the Lighning.
After what Oro had done against a kyuubified Naruto (regenerating a few times, regardless of the damage to his own body), I am actually surprised to see Oro to give up his body that early.

Or, maybe, that regeneration theory was not true after all.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 16:19   Link #67
Vicious108
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Didn't think it was possible, but Oro has become even more of a freak than before.

Spoilers for the next chapter:
Spoiler:
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 16:21   Link #68
Jehuty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ
Now then, is it safe to say that Orichimaru's jutsu is more parasitic in nature than it is spiritual?

If so, then what Sandaime had affected was not Orochimaru's soul, but the host's instead. That would explain why he seemed fine after he transfered bodies.

As for his "regeneration", I don't know... Perhaps it IS regenerative in a sense, but it drains a lot out of his chakra -- kind of like Kakashi with MS.

If we can go by this theory, then it is completely feasible that his body would seize this chance to begin the rejection process -- but maybe after Orochimaru leaves his host body, the host dies, hence the effects shown (bedridden with cough with blood).
Jehuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 16:50   Link #69
XYKE
Super-Middle weight!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: sadasd
OMG this is pure awesomeness, even tho im not a sasuke fanboy I'm looking forward to this chapter.
__________________

#animeFAN @ irc.quakenet.org ~ active anime + manga fan!
XYKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 17:23   Link #70
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA... yay politicians...
heres what should happen - naruto bushins perfect both the rasengan technique (cant do it with one hand yet), the hiraishin *THE WHISKERED FLASH* and (more realisticaly) the fuuton rasengan shuriken. Meanwhile the real naruto can train in physical strength and speed
__________________

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 17:33   Link #71
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckcsf View Post
Maybe this is how he transfers his soul to the new body.....

In regards to Naruto's taijutsu training....

Have you guys ever heard of "10% body and 90% mind"? Even if Naruto's KB training only transmits experience and knowledge but that should still work for him if he strengthens his mind. He has a strong body anyways and his body will just adjust to his stronger mind.
That's not what the phrase means. The context of the phrase means that you can push your body to it's physical limits as long as you're in the right state of mind. Basically, you can perform better if you have more willpower, which doesn't increase with cloning. Gaining just the mental of experience of training with the clones won't enhance his physical conditioning anymore than just training with one body. But it doesn't look as if Naruto will be receiving any kind of taijutsu training anyway.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
After what Oro had done against a kyuubified Naruto (regenerating a few times, regardless of the damage to his own body), I am actually surprised to see Oro to give up his body that early.

Or, maybe, that regeneration theory was not true after all.
How Oro manipulates his body is confusing even for a series such as this. I was always under the impression though that the Oro 4-tail Naruto seemed to rip in half wasn't the real body, but a bunshin that split itself when Naruto struck and then re-attached itself. For the real Oro to have such high levels of regeneration would basically make him invulnerable.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 17:42   Link #72
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
After what Oro had done against a kyuubified Naruto (regenerating a few times, regardless of the damage to his own body), I am actually surprised to see Oro to give up his body that early.

Or, maybe, that regeneration theory was not true after all.
Theory? It's what happened.
But obviously the reason why Oro could regenerate like that and even being cut in two without trouble is because he was trully a snake(s) parasiting a body.
When you think about it Oro fighting style is all about using his internal snakes along with summoning no jutsu, getting ride of his host to fight directly with his true form may be the best choice, especially if he wants to take over the body of his opponent.

About the CS I start to wonder if Oro can really do something to Sasuke with it : he took down Anko with it but it's possible he merely activated the CS.
For Anko who tried to supress the CS and probably never reached the level 2 state it had the same effect than for Sasuke at the beginning : excruciating pain.
But for Sasuke who's used to its effect it may be meaningless.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 17:47   Link #73
Sinaura
Fat Warlord
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Damn does that mean Jirayi is really a giant frog now too?
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 18:02   Link #74
gibits
Endless
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Bet Oro (or Kishi) feels dumb for training Sasuke at all now. Either Oro got dumb training a monster he can't control, or Kishi made a huge plot hole.

If the cursed seal isn't used to control Sasuke then this is just bad story telling. Considering Oro is supposed to be a genius I'd lay all the blame on Kishi, but who knows the CS might just play a role in later chapters. Wheather its just a way to power-up Sasuke or control him is up for debate.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 19:08   Link #75
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Bet Oro (or Kishi) feels dumb for training Sasuke at all now. Either Oro got dumb training a monster he can't control, or Kishi made a huge plot hole.

If the cursed seal isn't used to control Sasuke then this is just bad story telling. Considering Oro is supposed to be a genius I'd lay all the blame on Kishi, but who knows the CS might just play a role in later chapters. Wheather its just a way to power-up Sasuke or control him is up for debate.
Where does it say that Oro can use the CS to control people? Anko has the CS but Oro didn't use it to control her.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 19:23   Link #76
yinstro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
well the white skin flashback implies they are born again some how, and suggests that he is not infact dead, maybe this is teh birth of orochimaru as the 8 tail demon or something like that.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 19:48   Link #77
Sasuke_Bateman
No
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits View Post
Bet Oro (or Kishi) feels dumb for training Sasuke at all now. Either Oro got dumb training a monster he can't control, or Kishi made a huge plot hole.

If the cursed seal isn't used to control Sasuke then this is just bad story telling. Considering Oro is supposed to be a genius I'd lay all the blame on Kishi, but who knows the CS might just play a role in later chapters. Wheather its just a way to power-up Sasuke or control him is up for debate.
Dude how many mangas have you written?
__________________
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 20:12   Link #78
Ryuujin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou View Post
And for the love of god Kishimoto show us Team kiba for a change. Its like they're no longer part of konoha.
I second this.
__________________

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 20:18   Link #79
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

-To be honest, if this is truly Orochimaru's death then I would truly pity the guy. If he dies then this was the most pathetic death in the entire series thus far for such an amazing character. Granted he is creepy but still I would have imagined a more epic death for him than this. To explain it I would put this "death" as if someone accidentally tripped and fell on their own sword. Oh well, there seems to be a lot of death going on recently.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 20:38   Link #80
Sasuke_Bateman
No
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-To be honest, if this is truly Orochimaru's death then I would truly pity the guy. If he dies then this was the most pathetic death in the entire series thus far for such an amazing character. Granted he is creepy but still I would have imagined a more epic death for him than this. To explain it I would put this "death" as if someone accidentally tripped and fell on their own sword. Oh well, there seems to be a lot of death going on recently.
You must admit the sword... if he does trip and fall on it, is pretty bad ass lol oh Sasuke you have ways to surprise me!
__________________
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.