AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 73 57.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 23.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 11.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-03-02, 15:51   Link #81
Juvyniled
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
Didnt suzaku fail ,in this episode, as a soldier or a (honorary)britanian citizen?
I mean he put THE princess governing japan in a crazy risk. In his point of view zero is evil so it means he could have killed euphemia no? So even thougth euphie did tell him to figth without restraint ,wasnt his dutie to keep the princess alive at all cost? but no he charges stupidly forward with his ninja power....

I know I m just a suzaku hater that loves to point out all the possible reason to hate him but I think that suzaku acting in a way that could have killed euphemia was either another proof that he is a stupid jerk because after saying he will protect lives he just charges like a bull or a scenario error because it doesnt fit suzaku POV to act like that.
Suzaku is more sensible than that. We know he said that Zero is evil because of the poison gas incident, however, at that time he did not know it was merely a distraction and not his true intent. There is no doubt Suzaku is having conflicted feelings about Zero. He could have simply pulled the trigger himself when he held Zero captive, but he didn't. I believe I've already argued this in the morality thread, but if he had enough resolve to kill his father, then he should have been able to kill Zero easily.

Everything that has happened from after the blast was entirely out of his power. For one thing, Suzaku was GEASSED. I doubt he realized what he did either. So when they were placed on the island, he couldn't have done anything about where he was left (with Kallen, and Euphemia with Lelouch). Just because he said it once, doesn't mean it sticks with him forever. Zero being 'evil' in his eyes is one thing, but Lelouch has not killed Euphemia yet. So that argument is entirely invalid. If Suzaku's duty is to "keep Euphemia alive" as you say, he's doing somewhat of a good job.

Not to mention, you're posing a what if. Euphemia was not held hostage, so Suzaku took his chance to subdue Zero. Even if they're having nice chats and resolving matters, Zero is still an opponent of the empire.

I know it's not clear who Suzaku was referring to by saving lives, but I'm sure you can assume one thing: people that are causing chaos are not likely to be saved.

I don't care if you really hate Suzaku or not, because I know I'm not going to change your opinion. But seriously, to say that your arguments are PROOF? I think it would fit your image to respond by saying "I think this" or "I think that" or even "he IS a jerk." If you realize what your position is, consider what you say.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 16:45   Link #82
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Everything that has happened from after the blast was entirely out of his power. For one thing, Suzaku was GEASSED. I doubt he realized what he did either.
I wonder if this will have any effect down the road. Did Lelouch simply say, "live?"

Since it's general, would that change Suzaku somewhat? (Get him out of that suicidal runing?)
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 17:58   Link #83
dxanato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boston
Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Suzako will get off by saying that he want to protect Euphie who was in the lien fire. How he will explain how they got to that island is beyond me.
__________________
Gokigenyou
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 18:04   Link #84
Juvyniled
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Age: 26
I doubt Suzaku will have anything to say. Euphemia will most likely defend him.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 18:05   Link #85
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I wonder if this will have any effect down the road. Did Lelouch simply say, "live?"

Since it's general, would that change Suzaku somewhat? (Get him out of that suicidal runing?)
yep, he just ordered suzaku "live". and no doubt the intent was somewhat general as well.

it's certainly an interesting idea. but we'll just wait and see.

Quote:
Suzaku will get off by saying that he want to protect Euphie who was in the lien fire. How he will explain how they got to that island is beyond me.
actually, he'll probably get off by Euphie and/or Schniezel supporting him, and then proceeding to accept a suicide mission into Kyuushuu. Oh how I do love partially inept antagonist militaries. ^_^
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 18:06   Link #86
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Not on this site no more.
Age: 26
The brothers in this series seem awfully nice to their sisters...
You know what Lulu's going to do to that mantle when he gets home .
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 18:07   Link #87
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Not to mention, you're posing a what if. Euphemia was not held hostage,
huh?

Euphie WAS in fact held hostage by Zero.
Zero even SAYS "let's exchange our hostages."
Of course Lulu didn't have any intention of actually shooting her, but how would Suzaku know that? From his POV, she infact was taken hostage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
Didnt suzaku fail ,in this episode, as a soldier or a (honorary)britanian citizen?
I mean he put THE princess governing japan in a crazy risk. In his point of view zero is evil so it means he could have killed euphemia no? So even thougth euphie did tell him to figth without restraint ,wasnt his dutie to keep the princess alive at all cost? but no he charges stupidly forward with his ninja power....
Anyways, in defence to Suzaku, I must mention he is Euphie's knight.
If Euphie ordered him to fight, then it's his duty to do so. He would not be charged any crime.
However, wether you see it as "failure" as a britannian soldier or not is totally up to your opinion.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 18:14   Link #88
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
I doubt Suzaku will have anything to say. Euphemia will most likely defend him.
thats a defin no doubt ~ but yuffie's opinion would most certainly be out casted as useless ~ i like to see suzaku get out of this one (hes in deep shi* >.<) ~
so lulu has now also lost a "get out of jail free" card due to this recent geassing ~ now i wonder how hes going to escape suzaku's wrath the next time they meet

also...when are they going to deepen yuffie's and suzaku's relationship
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 18:20   Link #89
ashlay
the red string of fate
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
also...when are they going to deepen yuffie's and suzaku's relationship
second season to never.

after this episode, I'm seriously questioning whether there really ever will be the SEED-like SuzakuxEuphie pairing. Euphie seems to be moving more and more towards Nunnally and Lelouch now a days. and the fact she's known Lelouch was Zero kinda makes it feel like Euphie on some level realizes she's using Suzaku for her own ends.
__________________
Memento mori
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 18:38   Link #90
seraphon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
huh?

However, wether you see it as "failure" as a britannian soldier or not is totally up to your opinion.

I dont know.... Its just that after all the justice talk of suzaku ,trying to keep casualties low , I think its weird for him to be so hasty. Whatever the point of view you are taking you cannot deny that suzakus actions of rushing towards a man who has a gun pointed to a girl, that is none other than the governess of your country, was incredibly risky!
And I think that a knigths job is to protect the princess.... even if it means desobeying to some orders (but its true that this is only my opinion).

Oh and I just wanted to make clear that when I said that suzaku failed as a soldier and as a hononary britannian, I was only pointing at this particular scene where he tries to put a ninja move on zero even thougth euphie is taken "hostage".
seraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 18:44   Link #91
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
second season to never.

after this episode, I'm seriously questioning whether there really ever will be the SEED-like SuzakuxEuphie pairing. Euphie seems to be moving more and more towards Nunnally and Lelouch now a days. and the fact she's known Lelouch was Zero kinda makes it feel like Euphie on some level realizes she's using Suzaku for her own ends.
good point ~ maybe yuffie will want to reunite lulu and nanali back into the family for what she thinks is a happy end tho its a bit naive from my point of view for ojo sama she will think its the best solution to avoid bloodshed while not understanding what lulu wants ~

dam...i wanna see lacusxkira reincarnated
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
I dont know.... Its just that after all the justice talk of suzaku ,trying to keep casualties low , I think its weird for him to be so hasty. Whatever the point of view you are taking you cannot deny that suzakus actions of rushing towards a man who has a gun pointed to a girl, that is none other than the governess of your country, was incredibly risky!
And I think that a knigths job is to protect the princess.... even if it means desobeying to some orders (but its true that this is only my opinion).

Oh and I just wanted to make clear that when I said that suzaku failed as a soldier and as a hononary britannian, I was only pointing at this particular scene where he tries to put a ninja move on zero even thougth euphie is taken "hostage".
but you know...suzaku must have felt that he was up for the job to be rushing in like that...and we all know that he speed hax his way up to lulu...porbably faster than when he can react to pull the trigger ~
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 18:49   Link #92
0rphen21
^.^
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
excellent episode


and cornelia and euphie join order of black knight it might be possible
i think this would take a miracle to come true but one could always hope and then he could start Lulu/Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post

kinda makes it feel like Euphie on some level realizes she's using Suzaku for her own ends.
Use all she wants imo he is her knight
__________________
If killing is my only skill so be it. If I'll keep having
nightmares i don't care, I'll use everything i have to protect her
0rphen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 19:37   Link #93
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphon View Post
Oh and I just wanted to make clear that when I said that suzaku failed as a soldier and as a hononary britannian, I was only pointing at this particular scene where he tries to put a ninja move on zero even thougth euphie is taken "hostage".
I don't know if you watched the anime with subs, (I don't even know if it's out )
but Euphemia ordered Suzaku in that scene to fight, regardless of what happens to herself.

As a knight of Euphie, he has two choices:
1. Disobay her orders, and respond to hostage trading
2. Obay her orders, and fight back.

I hope that clearify things for you.
__________________

Last edited by aohige; 2007-03-02 at 19:48.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 20:15   Link #94
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In front of my laptop
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang Send a message via Skype™ to Li Jianliang
I think Lelouch's Geass order to Suzaku 'to live' will last through the end of the series. Suzaku is too important of a character to have Geass used on him before the end of the series and not have anything to do with it for the rest of the time. I'm 95% positive now that Suzaku won't die in the series...which means Lelouch's possibility of dying just increased significantly.

Euphemia is smarter than I thought she'd be. ^_^ She figured out Zero's true identity during the hostage crisis several episodes back.

I'm surprised to see that Kallen didn't get blown off by the Gawain blasters.

...Someone, please pull off a good Euphemia-sama cosplay now!
__________________
Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 5: End of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & a billion screenshots
Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V | Part VI | Part VII | Part VIII | Part IX | Part X | Part XI | Part XII In progress

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 20:15   Link #95
Juvyniled
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
dam...i wanna see lacusxkira reincarnated
Reincarnated? That image has practically been burned into everyone's minds. Don't worry, the directors will find an excuse for another season of SEED. It's a cash cow.

Quote:
Use all she wants imo he is her knight
What he said

Quote:
Suzaku is too important of a character to have Geass used on him before the end of the series and not have anything to do with it for the rest of the time.
At least for the first season, I suspect that Suzaku will remain Lelouch's biggest conflict until a more threatening one emerges (small mini-boss before the final boss )
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 20:36   Link #96
Guppy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
As a knight of Euphie, he has two choices:
1. Disobay her orders, and respond to hostage trading
2. Obay her orders, and fight back.
Yes, but I think the disagreement hinges on the relative importance of two of Suzaku's duties as a knight. Are they:

1) Keep the princess alive
2) Obey her orders

or:

1) Obey the princess's orders
2) Keep her alive?

Add to that the fact that Euphie's order wasn't really based on any kind of reasoning or principles. She told Suzaku to fight back because she got upset at Kallen insulting her, and knew Lelouch wasn't really going to shoot her. Is that really a good enough justification for Suzaku to (as far as he knows) endanger her life? He's a knight, not a robot - he should be expected to exercise some judgement.

By the way, did anyone else love Euphie's expression when Kallen told her to shut up and called her a puppet princess who can't do anything by herself? Even when she was in full "ditzy popstar princess" mode, I don't remember ever seeing Lacus throw a fit of imperial pique like that.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 20:39   Link #97
0rphen21
^.^
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
I think Lelouch's Geass order to Suzaku 'to live' will last through the end of the series. Suzaku is too important of a character to have Geass used on him before the end of the series and not have anything to do with it for the rest of the time
earlier in the series i think C.C said that geass could evolve(i m not too sure about this ) so Lulu's geass evolution might be something like he could geass a person more than once

Quote:
I'm 95% positive now that Suzaku won't die in the series...which means Lelouch's possibility of dying just increased significantly.
omg don't jinx Lulu like that
__________________
If killing is my only skill so be it. If I'll keep having
nightmares i don't care, I'll use everything i have to protect her
0rphen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 20:49   Link #98
0rphen21
^.^
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy View Post

By the way, did anyone else love Euphie's expression when Kallen told her to shut up and called her a puppet princess who can't do anything by herself? Even when she was in full "ditzy popstar princess" mode, I don't remember ever seeing Lacus throw a fit of imperial pique like that.
yup that was a funny expression i think i m starting to like Euphie more cause of that
__________________
If killing is my only skill so be it. If I'll keep having
nightmares i don't care, I'll use everything i have to protect her
0rphen21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 20:58   Link #99
VetaMega
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Mysterious girls just keep popping up. There's Kaguya, CC, Girl that Suzaku likes and now this geass girl. Everything's become so interesting.
VetaMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 21:16   Link #100
Kai Yukari
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Spoiler for doom spoiler:
Spoiler:


a lot fanservice makes me anemic.
Kai Yukari is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.