AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Old 2004-01-31, 10:25   Link #1
Naruto Kun

Why cant I play files once downloaded?

Hello to all,

Well basically I have already downloaded the BitTorrent and the 3ivx for MP3's but once I download an episode, it automatically saves it as a Media Player application and when I try to view it, the thing tells me
This file type type is not supported by Media Player
So is there anything I can do or anything else I need to download in order to view these episodes? Also when I downloaded the Torrent it said it came with a mirror so does that mean I dont need to download a mirror from the main page here animesuki.com?? Or can I get a mirror closer to me and have it bounce it from the mirror that came with the Torrent to the other one?

Naruto Kun
Naruto Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 10:29   Link #2
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Are you talking about "Naruto - 01.mp4"?
Old 2004-01-31, 10:31   Link #3
Naruto Kun

Um, yeah, but even episodes 2-4 that are not in MP format dont play for me. Episode one doesnt either but either do 2-4 and Im wondering why Media Player does not support this file type if I already downloaded all the things suggested on this site??

Naruto Kun
Old 2004-01-31, 10:46   Link #4
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto Kun
Um, yeah, but even episodes 2-4 that are not in MP format dont play for me. Episode one doesnt either but either do 2-4 and Im wondering why Media Player does not support this file type if I already downloaded all the things suggested on this site??

Naruto Kun
It's either:
  • A codec problem. Go and check AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help > Media Configuration Guide and download the right codecs
  • A problem with extension. Are you sure you saved them with the right .MP4 or . AVI extension?
  • A problem with the download. You didn't download the whole file so MP can't read it. Go to AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help > BitTorrent Step-By-Step and get the info you are looking for.
  • WMP sucks. Get a new player like BSPlayer or Media Player Classic. NOT DiVX Player.

G'luck.
Old 2004-01-31, 11:00   Link #5
Naruto Kun

I see thank you, but where can I get BSplayer or Media Player Classic?? And so are you saying that the Windows Media Player wont play it?
Well thanks for all your help,

Naruto Kun
Old 2004-01-31, 11:23   Link #6
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=175

Check there.
VideoLAN is a great option in that case, because it has build-in codecs.
Old 2004-01-31, 12:33   Link #7
Naruto Kun

Well thank you so much for your help, but I have tried everything on the list you provided and on the list of problem shooting in case it does not play and it still does not work. Plus when I downloaded the episodes, it takes hours to download them and I have DSL broadband and download accelarater which makes downloads faster. Honestly, I think Im going to give up, its really not woth the time spent on download and troubleshooting.
Thank you so much for your help though, you were very nice and helpful,

Naruto Kun
Old 2004-01-31, 14:15   Link #8
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Giving up already?
Old 2004-01-31, 16:14   Link #9
Machine-Gunner

Ya look for k-lite codec pack.. It has all the codecs you need. I had the same problem with green-green. Also it comes with a cool player called BS player.
Machine-Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 17:40   Link #10
Naruto Kun

Well yeah but it still doesnt get rid of the hours it takes to download the episodes.
Ah well

Naruto Kun
Old 2004-01-31, 17:49   Link #11
flammie
White Dragon

You're a quitter! But its strange that the configuration guide didn't help, unless you're secretly running a mac or something.
flammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 20:41   Link #12
Naruto Kun

No I assure you I am on a Compaq here. I suppose in this particular instance I am a quitter but the fact is I have very little time to play around with this stuff. I am a College senior taking 19 hours (all 4 thousand level classes) and working 25 hours weekly aswell so my time for playing with this blasted computer is very slim. Its ok, I suppose I can always buy them or something.
But one thing puzzles me, is it supposed to take hours for the download?? That also makes it really unconvinient for me with my time restrictions.
Well although I will not be downloading, I do enjoy many animes and this board so I hope to see you all there, in other topics, etc

Naruto Kun