AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-01-31, 11:48   Link #1
Aceman87
http://www.nanime.net

Send a message via MSN to Aceman87
Exclamation New fansub group: Nanime (finnish)

Hi all,

We have started propably the first finnish fansubbing group. We call ourselves "Nanime", which is short for "Nordic-Anime". We are currently translating and subbing Hellsing, Lain and Escaflowne into finnish.
As far as I know we are one of the first ones to translate into our native tongue besides some spanish and french groups.

We do series that haven't been yet licensed in Finland or any of the nordic countries

Finland has an audience of non-english-speaking people and thus we have decided to bring anime to the finnish masses. Only some larger series and movies like GITS, Spirited away and Akira have so far been translated into finnish.

So far we've translated and subbed the first 3 episodes of Hellsing.

We need to get people to notice us better so thus this post. I know that many finnish people read this forum so we need your help on telling people about us. Also new members with something to contribute wouldn't never hurt. In future we might also need some RAW's but currently we are suplied pretty well.

Thnx,
-Aceman

#Nordic-anime @ irc.mircx.com
Aceman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 13:04   Link #2
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Just curious, do you guys translate from japanese or from the english subtitles? :X

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 13:27   Link #3
niko
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to niko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
Just curious, do you guys translate from japanese or from the english subtitles? :X

-Tofu
english scripts. i think they are taken when possible (if i remember correctly). Maybe someone from group can verify this. (i don't belong to group)
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 13:50   Link #4
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
english scripts. i think they are taken when possible (if i remember correctly). Maybe someone from group can verify this. (i don't belong to group)
I really wish people didn't do that.

-Tofu
Tofusensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 14:30   Link #5
Aceman87

Well we use english scripts if possible and if we know that they are accurate. We also get permissions to use them and so far almost no-one has said no because spreading anime to the masses is such a nice cause. We have some japanese speaking people, including a native who has moved to finland, but they are busy with school and stuff so thats why japanese -> finnish isn't an 100% option yet. If someone who knows finnish and japanese is willig to aid us and has some time we would apreciate the help, but there aren't many finns around who know japanese, or japanese who know finnish for that matter.
Old 2004-01-31, 22:39   Link #6
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman87
Hi all,
As far as I know we are one of the first ones to translate into our native tongue besides some spanish and french groups.
No, you're not one of the first fansub groups to translate to your mother tongue...

To my knowledge, there are about 30 portuguese speaking fansub groups, a huge amount of them in Italian and several others... Heck, I'm a fansubber myself (Lusotakus... We are on AniDB... currectly being the only fansub besides AJ to sub Wolf's Rain).

Strangly enough, all of the animes you're subbing are licensed on the rest of Europe
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 04:25   Link #7
TaMz
ninj4 from the north

Send a message via MSN to TaMz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tze
Strangly enough, all of the animes you're subbing are licensed on the rest of Europe
but 'ere in Finland they haven't

and to Aceman87:
U shouldn't have written 'ere, cause they are licensed in America,
and thus Animesuki will not support you, because of that...
Old 2004-02-01, 08:29   Link #8
Aceman87

Yeah, I know that they wont suport us and thats not why I posted. I posted because I know many finnish people read this forum (alas there is no largely viewed finnish anime forum). Furthemore I don't think there is a reason why they would take link to our page off, because the english speaking people around the world rarely speak finnish (nor anyone else around the world besides us finns).

*edit*
Oh yeah, I'll just say that we are one of the first groups to translate into a nordic language then ^__^
I wasn't aware of the potugise nor the italians translating. Propably because I have no contacts there, unlike mine Spain and French =/