AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-03-16, 16:31   Link #1
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Question Iron Man.

Yeah... I am not in any kind of good shape at all, but I was thinking about it.
Has anyone here done an Iron Man?

I got really motivated after seeing this video of a father doing it 4 times with his son in a wheelchair; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4B-r8KJhlE

About Iron Man; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 17:36   Link #2
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Never particated, but I use to work as a sports photographer for Ironman events.

From my experience, it's definately not something you can easily get into. Most participants are sponsored from major companies, very few are self endorsed since the financial burden and commitment is huge. Even if you somehow manage the funds to apply for an Ironman, the level of training and commitment you need in order to complete a triathlon is not an ordinary person can complete. Many had to leave their jobs and make sacrifices in their social life so they can prepare for a single race.

Instead of aiming for the top of the world from the get go, it's better to start smaller events. There are plently of long distance tri events in Europe that have easier entry and course requirements. Even if it isn't the Ironman, the sheer joy and sensation of completing a Tri is still the same. In all the the finish photos I've taken, they all attest to this fact ^^;
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote