AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Days

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-03-23, 23:17   Link #81
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo View Post
It's neither bashing nor silly, since my point was and is that it's exactly the details that made it 'popular' will be taken out when it makes the transaction from eroge to anime. But hey, bashing me is a fun past time sport too recently I have heard, not that I care. Wish I can find the source of that anger though.
What I don't understand is the fact that if you are not going to watch this anime then why are you making posts in this thread. You are entitled to your opinions, but i find it pointless to come into this thread and just type that "i'm not going to watch this anime because....."

If you are not interested in this anime and feel that there are better games that could be animated, then fine, but what i really hate is people who say they won't watch something and yet still post in a thread about not watching it.... It's pointless and it discourages others, who might actually enjoy this anime but is put off from watching it by you....

P.S. work on your writing, i mean wtf does "transaction from eroge to anime" mean? I think you meant transition cause i always though transaction meant the moving of funds from accounts...
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 03:46   Link #82
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo View Post
It's neither bashing nor silly, since my point was and is that it's exactly the details that made it 'popular' will be taken out when it makes the transaction from eroge to anime. But hey, bashing me is a fun past time sport too recently I have heard, not that I care. Wish I can find the source of that anger though.
Oh, but it is silly. " If you take out this and that and then remove this" is hardly an argument why it is poor. Each and every anime will be the same if you remove the elements that make it " unique" . So..whats your point ? Oh, and please direct me to the official announcment that stated that those details are going to get removed. If you can't, your argument holds no water.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 07:22   Link #83
Thany
Unfair
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
This is the first time I'm in the same thread you're in and you didn't call me lolitron! Ain't that a surprise, guess my threats worked
It's because this anime has no relation whatsoever to loli (it has relation to gore, so he should have called you goritron?), well you asked for it he called you lolitron anyway
__________________
Thany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 07:32   Link #84
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo View Post
It's neither bashing nor silly, since my point was and is that it's exactly the details that made it 'popular' will be taken out when it makes the transaction from eroge to anime.
You're forgetting that the popular scenes that people know about the game are not always apart of the main story --- being different endings and all. Also, there's no say if they won't add anything like that. They could easily go the way of Kaede's route in Shuffle, there's just no telling whats going to happen with School Days at this point.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 08:22   Link #85
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 08:55   Link #86
darkchibi07
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I'm guessing there's going to be a chibi omake segment included, right?
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 09:42   Link #87
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Talking

Please, please don't make it a safe ending. Spare a thought for the fans who have never gotten a chance to watch a renai-anime that ended in psychoticism. Us psycho-moe fans need some loving too from the animation studios. A "School Days" anime adaptation that ends with one of the bad ends is something that I have been really looking forward to, as most anime based on renai-games are fluffy and nice.

We have tragic ones like Air and KGNE, happy ones like Gift~ and Kanon, infuriating ones like Da Capo, etc... but I don't think there has been any "crazy/psycho" ones. "Shuffle!" was close, but no cigar (it ended up being a "Happy End").

Please, let this be the one for us merry few!

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 10:35   Link #88
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Spoiler for game ending:
__________________

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-24 at 17:27. Reason: added spoiler tags or else
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 10:41   Link #89
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler for game ending:
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-24 at 17:27.
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 13:11   Link #90
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
which isnt necessarily a bad thing *runs*

ah well its been ages since i last saw a series that leaves you feeling WTF so something like that is welcomed :3 (tho im not picky...any killing will do)
Spoiler:


but i will take any violent i can get.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 14:22   Link #91
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Spoiler for game ending:
__________________

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-03-24 at 17:32. Reason: added spoiler tags
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 14:22   Link #92
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Surrounded by Mistery (cool isn't?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
which isnt necessarily a bad thing *runs*

ah well its been ages since i last saw a series that leaves you feeling WTF so something like that is welcomed :3 (tho im not picky...any killing will do)
Truth has been spoken



Now seriously I WANT PSYCHO!
__________________
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 14:53   Link #93
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Spoiler:


but i will take any violent i can get.
I knew it Jello you Yuri-psycho!

Spoiler:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
It's because this anime has no relation whatsoever to loli (it has relation to gore, so he should have called you goritron?), well you asked for it he called you lolitron anyway
No, it doesn't matter where in this forum, he just has to greet me as "lolitron"

Which my defense is to greet him as "Jello" lol
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 15:34   Link #94
wontaek
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Planet Earth
Age: 44
It just is me, but I think Kotonoha would look better with long flowing skirt to go with her long, dark hair. I don't think school uniform code will prohibit a girl from wearing long skirts. ( ex: Nanoka in Koi Kaze usually wears a school uniform skirt that is longer than any other female students shown in the series, and this was pointed out by other characters to illustrate her personality. ) They could have used this to contrast her even more against Sekai, to whom the short skirt suits the character design as well as the personality.
__________________
wontaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 16:40   Link #95
mangatron
I <3 Oneesan's!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Why do girls and whips look so good together?
Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
It just is me, but I think Kotonoha would look better with long flowing skirt to go with her long, dark hair. I don't think school uniform code will prohibit a girl from wearing long skirts. ( ex: Nanoka in Koi Kaze usually wears a school uniform skirt that is longer than any other female students shown in the series, and this was pointed out by other characters to illustrate her personality. ) They could have used this to contrast her even more against Sekai, to whom the short skirt suits the character design as well as the personality.

You mean you like Sekai as the slutty, and Kotonoha as the Elegante?

(I see what you mean, and it would be nice, although....I like to see girls in short skirts )

Who doesn't?

On a side note, one of the girls in the game, who obviously fascinated me, I seemed to have, for the life of me, forgotten her name. Sucks to be me
__________________

I'm being bombed!
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!

*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
________________________________
* Will not be fulfilling some requests till my health is 100%.
* Health currently at ??%, leg starting bleeding again so no rehab until I figure out how to stop the bleeding...
* 10 years at Animesuki! Thank you everyone for putting up
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 17:36   Link #96
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
You mean you like Sekai as the slutty, and Kotonoha as the Elegante?

(I see what you mean, and it would be nice, although....I like to see girls in short skirts )

Who doesn't?
Thats why i call you lolitron

I see Kotonoha as more reserve and has a more traditional upbring compare to Seikai who is more outgoing (not slutty) and modern.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 17:49   Link #97
martino
makes no files now
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
/me will be happy just with tear-jerking drama and romance

__________________
"Light and shadow don't battle each other, because they're two sides of the same coin"
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 18:25   Link #98
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
/me will be happy just with tear-jerking drama and romance

Same here Martino, for i also like tear-jerking drama, but i like it to end in a good way... People these days are too into violence, I mean we are now expecting psycho girls in romance series....
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 18:33   Link #99
martino
makes no files now
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Well, I never said that I didn't want that to...

However you usually end up having a character like that in any story. We had Kaede in Shuffle, Kirino in Gift and I really don't remember the rest. Of course that they are not the main thing that I'm looking forward to, but they do certainly add some "context" to the story and can make the plot spin in a very interesting way.
__________________
"Light and shadow don't battle each other, because they're two sides of the same coin"
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 19:00   Link #100
Scribble
Sloth
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Scribble
So while I thought that the series was a "happy go lucky generic love triangle romance" which added *those* endings just as random shock factors, it seems that there's more to School Days than that, and the protagonist is a nasty piece of work?

I think I'm really looking forward to School Days now. I'd love for them to animate more of these "bishoujo romance" stories with huge twists to them. It gets a bit annoying seeing synopsis along these lines:

Ryo Tanaka is a high school student who is accidently placed in a girls' dormitory. However, due to a space problem, he cannot be moved out, and is surrounded by many girls. Trouble commences!

I for one am looking forward to seeing an a series based on a game which the formulas we're so used to.

The "psycho thing" is fun, I guess, but it can get a little annoying if the series is your usual, probably not that good happy-go-lucky Futakoi-esque type and all of a sudden a character turns 'psycho' and that series is praised just on the basis of the character going psycho.

I think 'Higurashi' and 'Narutaru' did the psycho thing well. I don't know, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place since the SHUFFLE and Gift type series aren't really adored for their deep, well written characters. It's probably like expecting a decent plot in porn?
__________________
lol
Scribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.