AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-03-24, 12:46   Link #21
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
If Shika hadn't seen Asuma tasting Hidan's curse, he would not have stood a chance. Against any powerful ninja, if he doesn't know beforehand his abilities, he is pretty much screwed.
I agree about the case of Hidan. It's impossible to figure out his true powers unless you see them used on a victim. But that's not the case with all enemies. He didn't know Tayuya's abilities beforehand but he fought effectively against her just by analyzing her skills during the battle. Unfortunately, the cursed seal's power kept him from being able to win.

Quote:
I believe Gai (and possibly Kakashi) is fast enough to avoid the scythe, so Hidan would have not been able trigger the curse against him. But there would have been no story
Just avoiding the scythe won't help you defeat Hidan. He's invulnerable to physical harm so pummeling him to death with taijutsu techniques won't work. But he's not very powerful on his own since decapitating him will basically defeat him and his stupidity doesn't make this particularly hard. What made him really dangerous was his partnership with Kakuzu, who could not only reattach Hidan's body parts, but could also use his powerful attacks on the enemy while Hidan was also attacking close range without worry of harming him. Shikamaru figured this out and also came up with a plan to separate the two which was key to their defeat.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 14:18   Link #22
Rahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I agree about the case of Hidan. It's impossible to figure out his true powers unless you see them used on a victim. But that's not the case with all enemies. He didn't know Tayuya's abilities beforehand but he fought effectively against her just by analyzing her skills during the battle. Unfortunately, the cursed seal's power kept him from being able to win.
I should say, against any ninja using his most powerful moves from the beginning (not letting Shikamaru the time to dodge and analyze). Against both Temari and Tayuya, he just hid until he found a way to survive. Almost no dodging or blocking involved. Not any ninja will wait while attacking randomly until the genius boy takes action. Someone using big scale attack (like Kazuzu) would kill him right away.

Quote:
Just avoiding the scythe won't help you defeat Hidan. He's invulnerable to physical harm so pummeling him to death with taijutsu techniques won't work. But he's not very powerful on his own since decapitating him will basically defeat him and his stupidity doesn't make this particularly hard. What made him really dangerous was his partnership with Kakuzu, who could not only reattach Hidan's body parts, but could also use his powerful attacks on the enemy while Hidan was also attacking close range without worry of harming him. Shikamaru figured this out and also came up with a plan to separate the two which was key to their defeat.
Granted, he also separated the both of them.

but I still think that even if Gai doesn't know any cutting technique (unlikely, but he hasn't shown any yet), after seeing him still standing up, he would break all his bones and incapacipate him. (if his body can be cut, it can be broken). I don't think he would need intelligence about Hidan to beat him. He is just too fast for Hidan. (I mean, Gai losing to someone bragging about his slowness ?)

Jeez, I am more and more turning into a Gai fanboy.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 15:29   Link #23
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
I should say, against any ninja using his most powerful moves from the beginning (not letting Shikamaru the time to dodge and analyze). Against both Temari and Tayuya, he just hid until he found a way to survive. Almost no dodging or blocking involved. Not any ninja will wait while attacking randomly until the genius boy takes action. Someone using big scale attack (like Kazuzu) would kill him right away.
Yeah, but how many ninja actually use their most powerful abilities at the very beginning of a battle? And how many have a technique that is both mid-to-long-range and wide scale? When you consider these things, the chances that someone would finish Shikamaru on the first attack are lower than you believe.

Any action an opponent takes can be used to an advantage by Shikamaru. If the opponent rushes in and attacks Shika without thinking like Hidan, then they will easily be caught by kage mane. Any opponent with half a brain will figure out that it's better to hang back and not fight directly once they learn his jutsu. However, this allows Shika to better hide or evade their attacks, giving him time to plan a strategy.

Quote:

Granted, he also separated the both of them.

but I still think that even if Gai doesn't know any cutting technique (unlikely, but he hasn't shown any yet), after seeing him still standing up, he would break all his bones and incapacipate him. (if his body can be cut, it can be broken). I don't think he would need intelligence about Hidan to beat him. He is just too fast for Hidan. (I mean, Gai losing to someone bragging about his slowness ?)

Jeez, I am more and more turning into a Gai fanboy.
I don't think it would be that simple, but I agree that Gai would most likely defeat Hidan.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 19:26   Link #24
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
shikikamu is a great genius ninja but he would suck on a plain, no where to hide. and against a nuke like naruto whose attacks, crumples the landscape and can break out of kagemane with raw strenght.

but shikamaru is great and can take on jounin level opponents.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote