AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-11-12, 18:18   Link #121
David Johnston
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Is there enough information in the anime to figure out the central culprit of Higurashi, his/her motives, allies, and procedure?
There is enough information in the anime to figure out the central culprit and at least part of the procedure. There isn't enough information to determine motive.


Spoiler:
David Johnston is offline  
Old 2007-01-08, 23:59   Link #122
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ptolemaios
Age: 30
I actually read this question from another forum...

Q: Why is Mion carrying a gun with her all the time, and why NO ONE has a problem with that?
dspr8_rugged is offline  
Old 2007-01-09, 01:11   Link #123
Aortic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
I noticed in SaiGar one of the Higurashi representatives was a Mr. Delicious.

Who is that again?
Aortic is offline  
Old 2007-01-09, 03:08   Link #124
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aortic View Post
I noticed in SaiGar one of the Higurashi representatives was a Mr. Delicious.

Who is that again?
Oh my god, don't tell me people still think Oishi means Mr. Delicious. Whom ever propagated this equation in the first place should be drug out to the street and shot for their incomprehension of basic Japanese.

Oishi is written in kanji as 大石 (big stone), and it is a fairly common Japanese family name. There is no relation to Oishii (kanji written as 美味しい) which is different syllable wise and intonation wise.
kj1980 is offline  
Old 2007-01-09, 03:44   Link #125
Conri
...
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspr8_rugged View Post
Q: Why is Mion carrying a gun with her all the time, and why NO ONE has a problem with that?
It's a toy gun. Guns are illegal in Japan, so they have some pretty realistic toys and models. This one will look familiar if you've seen Black Lagoon. I bought a cheap grey model one in Japan that would get me in trouble if I took it out in public and started waving it around (I live in the USA).
__________________
Conri is offline  
Old 2007-01-09, 05:23   Link #126
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Oh my god, don't tell me people still think Oishi means Mr. Delicious. Whom ever propagated this equation in the first place should be drug out to the street and shot for their incomprehension of basic Japanese.

Oishi is written in kanji as 大石 (big stone), and it is a fairly common Japanese family name. There is no relation to Oishii (kanji written as 美味しい) which is different syllable wise and intonation wise.
Well... it was maybe a joke to begin with (it is kinda common on hinamizawa club, but it is known... i hope )
it appears some people were taking it too seriously, and don't really pay attention to the possible "~ / ^ " stress mark on the o (or an addionnal o) , instead of the double i (but well... since most people don't really know / pay attention to the slight difference, they would most likely take theses words as homonyms for an even bigger confusion ).
and yeah...it is sad, but the intonation isn't really something you can notice if you actually "think" you are right XD
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2007-01-09, 10:05   Link #127
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
i would assume you didn't see how the game work, in fact, it's rather simple : you will see a photo as the background, and the text in front of it, with sometimes the character CG.
i didn't try tatraigoroshi yet, but the cg would or wouldn't show how the bridge is in the original story.
The background photos were taken from a real city, if the game shows the bridge, it will be something like this (of course blurred):








__________________
[]'s from Ace
theacefrehley is offline  
Old 2007-01-09, 14:28   Link #128
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near London
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Isn't this the bridge?



Also, I didn't realise anyone seriously thought Oishi-san meant Mr. Delicious...
__________________
Supergrunch is offline  
Old 2007-01-09, 14:43   Link #129
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrunch View Post
Isn't this the bridge?
yeah. that one.
another SS with more details


as we can see, keiichi would hardly fall from this kind of bridge... except if satoko was really sqeezing him while pushing him (sounds like ryukishi didn't pay attention to the CG XD)

in conclusion : it is too bad that studio DEEN was faithful with the original story for this kind of detail (read : mistake), and not on others things XD
Quote:
Also, I didn't realise anyone seriously thought Oishi-san meant Mr. Delicious...
well, you could see this joke on several anime blogs, but since people aren't that good with sarcasm on the net, meh...
i guess some guys also deduce it was "delicious" with their... almighty "anime japanese" knowledge (pay attention to the emphasis) and listening comprehension XD (i won't deny it, i kinda rely on it sometimes, if i don't have the choice but... )
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2007-01-09, 15:05   Link #130
Rias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Well, Keiichi falling over the bridge is quite critical to the whole Tatarigoroshi theme. Actually, I'm suprised that they didn't show what happened after he was saved in the anime.

That aside, I have always wondered how Satoko could've pushed Keiichi down. Maybe she planted a springboard trap on the bridge
Rias is offline  
Old 2007-01-10, 03:54   Link #131
Aortic
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me!

So Oishi will be going up against Master Asia from Gundam and Yagami Light from Death Note on the 18th if anyone wants to vote for him. Stiff competition though T_T

(Also K1 will be duking it out with Bright Noa and Heinrich Lunge in round 2 on the 30th.)
Aortic is offline  
Old 2007-01-25, 05:20   Link #132
Myname
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Ok, so I want to understand this piece of work yet I do not want to watch it. I don't mind if someone spoils the ending for me (Please do), and can someone provide a website that has some in depth analysis and detailed explanation about the plot?

It sounds interesting and all however I hear it is extremely disturbing and I don't exactly like seeing finger nails being ripped off (Hammering a nail into someone's skull and limbs being torn off is alright), so I'd rather not watch it.
Myname is offline  
Old 2007-01-25, 07:48   Link #133
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
Ok, so I want to understand this piece of work yet I do not want to watch it. I don't mind if someone spoils the ending for me (Please do), and can someone provide a website that has some in depth analysis and detailed explanation about the plot?

It sounds interesting and all however I hear it is extremely disturbing and I don't exactly like seeing finger nails being ripped off (Hammering a nail into someone's skull and limbs being torn off is alright), so I'd rather not watch it.
honestly, i'm not a "gore lover", and HNNKN has very few of this kind of scene, most of them suggered.
the only very "disturbing scene" is indeed the nail one, but you can skip it.
in general, the insanity isn't really something random, you will see some changes over the time, which will give you hints etc about what realy happened in HNNKN.

nevertherless, spoiling HNNKN is just a waste, because you are ruining like 40-50% of the impact of the story.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2007-01-25, 13:15   Link #134
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near London
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
honestly, i'm not a "gore lover", and HNNKN has very few of this kind of scene, most of them suggered.
the only very "disturbing scene" is indeed the nail one, but you can skip it.
in general, the insanity isn't really something random, you will see some changes over the time, which will give you hints etc about what realy happened in HNNKN.

nevertherless, spoiling HNNKN is just a waste, because you are ruining like 40-50% of the impact of the story.
I was watching that nail scene with headphones, and my sister who was sitting about 5 metres away, asked me what all the screaming was about.

But seriously, Higurashi is great, even if you don't like gore, and you'll also ruin it if you spoil yourself.
__________________
Supergrunch is offline  
Old 2007-01-25, 19:52   Link #135
theacefrehley
Guitar Man
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brazil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
Ok, so I want to understand this piece of work yet I do not want to watch it. I don't mind if someone spoils the ending for me (Please do), and can someone provide a website that has some in depth analysis and detailed explanation about the plot?

It sounds interesting and all however I hear it is extremely disturbing and I don't exactly like seeing finger nails being ripped off (Hammering a nail into someone's skull and limbs being torn off is alright), so I'd rather not watch it.
If you don't want to watch it but want to know about the story, then how about reading it?

http://www.designchronicle.com/memen..._ni/index.html

Good luck!
This blog has all the 26 episodes commented

after that you can read the TIPs and pieces here and voila:
You will be into the story.


(The blog is not mine)
__________________
[]'s from Ace

Last edited by theacefrehley; 2007-01-25 at 20:15.
theacefrehley is offline  
Old 2007-01-29, 06:12   Link #136
Ming*2
spoiled by Jesus
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
For sometime now this has been bugging me, but it wasn't until recently that I've really gotten curious. Do Mion and Shion really love each other -that- way, or is the whole thing just done for fanservice? I mean, I know people joke about scenes and sometimes try and pull stuff out of their butts to support it, but I honestly didn't see anything. Not only did both girls have a guy they liked, but the only questionable scene I remember was when Shion is ontop of Mion...and what looked like a kiss there just turned out to be her laying her head against the other.

So could anyone please fill me in? Because up until now I've just been regarding most of the official pictures of them together as fanservice, but when that one regular edition DVD volume came out...kinda made me wonder.
Ming*2 is offline  
Old 2007-01-29, 09:56   Link #137
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming*2 View Post
For sometime now this has been bugging me, but it wasn't until recently that I've really gotten curious. Do Mion and Shion really love each other -that- way, or is the whole thing just done for fanservice? I mean, I know people joke about scenes and sometimes try and pull stuff out of their butts to support it, but I honestly didn't see anything. Not only did both girls have a guy they liked, but the only questionable scene I remember was when Shion is ontop of Mion...and what looked like a kiss there just turned out to be her laying her head against the other.

So could anyone please fill me in? Because up until now I've just been regarding most of the official pictures of them together as fanservice, but when that one regular edition DVD volume came out...kinda made me wonder.
the answer is simple : no, there isn't any incestuous/yuri relationship around the both of them.
The scene you are talking about was simply very emotionnal, since they were bursting their feelings about
Spoiler for Meakashi-hen Spoiler, episode 18:


the DVD cover and other "official" material are just fanservice, nothing more, nothing less.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2007-03-24, 14:01   Link #138
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Beside a road, next to a tree
Sorry to ask this so late but I didn't get to watch this till last week.
I am rather confuse about the show and the ending. So did any of the murders happen or just roleplaying game? I am so confused
gummybear is offline  
Old 2007-03-24, 16:52   Link #139
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Near London
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
The murders really happened.
__________________
Supergrunch is offline  
Old 2007-03-25, 05:17   Link #140
harukamae
だんご大家族の一人
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Send a message via MSN to harukamae
OK This is really driving me nuts so I could use some help. I've seen people posting all over about this and saying it was proven in Tsumihoroboshi-hen, but I don't recall any evidence of-

Spoiler:


Sorry if this has already been discussed but I've been flipping through threads and haven't found an answer, so if it is true and you guys are burnt out discussing it, could someone point me to the appropriate episode or TIPs?
harukamae is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.