AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-01, 03:43   Link #161
Sylvanthious

I just watched episode 12, and all I can say is that this show just keeps getting better. My main homie Howard was pretty awesome in this episode for sure! I might even be starting to hate Sharla less. I really liked the ending of the episode, Howard is starting to seem a little more a part of the gang now.
Sylvanthious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 15:07   Link #162
thegreatjason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanthious
I just watched episode 12, and all I can say is that this show just keeps getting better. My main homie Howard was pretty awesome in this episode for sure! I might even be starting to hate Sharla less. I really liked the ending of the episode, Howard is starting to seem a little more a part of the gang now.
I agree, the episodes just keep getting better and better. I think it's becuase they're slowly introducing all the characters and any back stories they have, that way all the characters have depth.

I dunno about Howard though, I still don't think he's learned his lesson, I can see another ep or two coming pretty soon where he crushes the hous with the help of Pague, or something like that.
thegreatjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 15:54   Link #163
Diedrupo

But then again, he wouldn't be Howard if he wised up and stopped doing stupid things.

I love this show, and I love all the characters, since they all play different roles in the story. The character development is awesome!
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 03:03   Link #164
Sylvanthious

Just watched episode 13 and at the start I wasn't too sure how much I was going to like this one. This episode is of course once again the best one so far, although I didn't get quite the insight into Kauru's character I had hoped for I was very pleased with the way the episode ended up.
Sylvanthious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 10:55   Link #165
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

13 solid eps so far. The show is getting better and better. Speculations on the pairings: Menori & Howard, Luna & Kaoru, Sharla & Bell, Chako & Shingo.

Grifis
Old 2004-02-02, 15:19   Link #166
DemonEye

What episode are they on in Japan by the way?
DemonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 15:22   Link #167
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

14. 15 will be aired this Thursday.
Old 2004-02-02, 16:41   Link #168
DemonEye

Ok, so one ep per week after ep 15 then . But I guess that's ok...
DemonEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 17:05   Link #169
babbito2k
annoying white bat

For anyone who still feels that something is wrong with this show running 52 episodes I would like to point out that Madhouse can be quite masterful with long series as per Card Captor Sakura. Madhouse has been producing top-notch work for quite awhile now; there are some very good titles on this list of Madhouse projects.

edit: here comes a whole page or so of exciting stuff that is supposed to be in the tech support forum, courtesy of xvid... imagine being stuck on a desert island with the outdated codec...

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-02-03 at 09:29.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 21:47   Link #170
Badkandy

Everytime I try to play the We Suck versions it crashes media player. Is anyone else having this problem? What codec version is it encoded in?
Badkandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 22:42   Link #171
Ed Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badkandy
Everytime I try to play the We Suck versions it crashes media player. Is anyone else having this problem? What codec version is it encoded in?
Yup - I reboot into 98 or linux and have no problem at all, but I've actually gotten the BSOD a couple of times in XP with this release.

Great series though - my daughter is just seven, and now reads fast enough to keep up with the subs. We've been enjoying this one together.
Ed Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 02:18   Link #172
Diedrupo

I have to say first and foremost that I am very happy that this series is running 52 eps. Given the premise and the characters, they should have no problems constantly coming up with new stories.

Secondly, yes, WTF codec is We Suck using? because it definately sucks. It does not run on my trusty win 2000 box so I have to run it on my xp machine which is free of most of the codec crap i've DLed over the years (just got it last year). Still, it pains me that I can't run certain movies because encoders decide to use some shit format.
Old 2004-02-03, 02:25   Link #173
drvtech

I believe we suck is using the newest XviD codec ( the one developed after 8/03 BETA). So you'll have to visit your nearest Koeppi XviD codec dealer to grab the newest codec.
drvtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 02:32   Link #174
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
I have to say first and foremost that I am very happy that this series is running 52 eps. Given the premise and the characters, they should have no problems constantly coming up with new stories.

Secondly, yes, WTF codec is We Suck using? because it definately sucks. It does not run on my trusty win 2000 box so I have to run it on my xp machine which is free of most of the codec crap i've DLed over the years (just got it last year). Still, it pains me that I can't run certain movies because encoders decide to use some shit format.
Try installing ffdshow alpha .
Old 2004-02-03, 04:01   Link #175
Xaanin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Try installing ffdshow alpha .
The ffdshow-alpha is pretty old, Read post below this one...

Last edited by Xaanin; 2004-02-03 at 10:50.
Xaanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 09:22   Link #176
teh_suck
AKA Torgen from We Suck
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKandy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
Secondly, yes, WTF codec is We Suck using

We're using Koepi's Build of XviD, the Beta, not the Release Candidate. As discussed on the blog, the RC1 has issues which we right now don't feel like troubleshooting.

In particular, if you're using an older version of XviD, please upgrade. If you're using ffdshow, you may want to try having XviD perform the decoding instead of libavcodec.

Please check the blog for release information and errata.
teh_suck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-03, 11:32   Link #177
Diedrupo

Thanks. You guys have no idea how frustrated I was when I couldn't find a codec. :P
Old 2004-02-03, 21:20   Link #178
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I really dislike the Xvid codec. It's the only codec that I have trouble with. Although I don't have any Xvid video problems with this series, but others (ex: AJ's Yumeria) I do. I prefer WMV9's codec, but good old Divx is fine either.

Aaaanyways, back on topic. I find myself liking Kaoru more and more. Even though he's forcibly independent, I still like him because he does his job quietly and efficiently. Maybe it's also because I can identify with Kaoru the most. I sort of wish everyone would get off his back and let him do what he wants to do (for the benefit of surviving of course). And oh here's a new way to kill Howard: Lock him in the shower booth, and shower him with boiling hot water until he dies.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 05:05   Link #179
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
I really dislike the Xvid codec. It's the only codec that I have trouble with. Although I don't have any Xvid video problems with this series, but others (ex: AJ's Yumeria) I do. I prefer WMV9's codec, but good old Divx is fine either.
Install FFDShow, when people aren't using packed bitstream.
When they are, just make sure your codec is up to date and play it with that.
Old 2004-02-04, 08:40   Link #180
Firebat
I Love Anime

Wow!

What can I say, this series just popped out of nowhere, and its very very good. The story line and characters are likable. Howard is a complete asshole and someone has got to sort the guy out, how the rest of the group put up with his lazyness and bitching is beyond me.

Also only yesterday did I found out this series has 52 eps, which means lots of room or story and character developement. Maybe we're get a chance to see Howard stop being a complete twit.

I'd recommand watching this anime to anyone. Is there a manga version of this?
Firebat is offline   Reply With Quote