AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-04-01, 23:14   Link #1
Shurato

Send a message via ICQ to Shurato Send a message via AIM to Shurato Send a message via MSN to Shurato Send a message via Yahoo to Shurato
Kiba 30?

I've been unable to start or download this torrent (KIBA Ep. 30). I get a message at the bottom of bittorrent (5.0.7) that flashes by really fast that complains about the tracker. I need this file. Any help?
Shurato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 05:30   Link #2
DWKnight
Torrent Goon

Send a message via ICQ to DWKnight Send a message via AIM to DWKnight Send a message via MSN to DWKnight Send a message via Yahoo to DWKnight
Which group?
Which release?
Have you tried other clients?
Old 2007-04-02, 17:59   Link #3
Shurato

Send a message via ICQ to Shurato Send a message via AIM to Shurato Send a message via MSN to Shurato Send a message via Yahoo to Shurato
Mishicorp. As far as I know there was only one release, and no I haven't tried any other clients.
Old 2007-04-02, 18:07   Link #4
Ledgem
Love Yourself

If you're having problems with this file only, and you're able to download other files just fine, I'd wager that there's an issue with the tracker.

If you can get what that error message says, it'd be very helpful.
Old 2007-04-02, 18:08   Link #5
Shurato

What's an easy client to setup? I've already gone through all of the trouble port forwarding bittorrent (the trouble because half the time I edit the port forwarding on my NAT all forwarded ports disappear, which isn't good since I run a bunch of servers on one of my boxes) and really am not looking to go through that again.
Old 2007-04-02, 18:10   Link #6
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurato View Post
What's an easy client to setup? I've already gone through all of the trouble port forwarding bittorrent (the trouble because half the time I edit the port forwarding on my NAT all forwarded ports disappear, which isn't good since I run a bunch of servers on one of my boxes) and really am not looking to go through that again.
I'd recommend uTorrent. Also, is there a reason why you're port forwarding instead of using UPnP forwarding? If your router supports it, I highly recommend turning it on and making sure that it's enabled in your BT client. Make sure that it's enabled on the Windows end, too.
Old 2007-04-02, 18:10   Link #7
Shurato

Yeah, I don't have problems with any other files. Unfortunately, the error stays in the status bar for about 1.5 seconds, all I catch is something about a tracker error. (.
Old 2007-04-02, 18:13   Link #8
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurato View Post
Yeah, I don't have problems with any other files. Unfortunately, the error stays in the status bar for about 1.5 seconds, all I catch is something about a tracker error. (.
During those 1.5 seconds, quickly hit "print screen", open MS Paint, and ctrl v (paste) into it. That should make it easier to get the message.
Old 2007-04-02, 18:21   Link #9
Shurato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I'd recommend uTorrent. Also, is there a reason why you're port forwarding instead of using UPnP forwarding? If your router supports it, I highly recommend turning it on and making sure that it's enabled in your BT client. Make sure that it's enabled on the Windows end, too.
I had even worse issues with utorrent with the log window being about 4 pixels high, so I couldn't tell what the issue was there. I just verified that UPNP is enabled in windows (XPro x64 SP2) and in bittorrent and in utorrent, but before I forwarded the ports, bittorrent just wouldn't start downloading and had the "firewalled" message in the status bar. I don't know if my NAT supports UPNP. This didn't happen in the early 4.x versions, but I'm wary of downgrading.
Old 2007-04-02, 18:24   Link #10
Shurato

[UI] Failed to get torrent Traceback (most recent call last): File "BitTorrent\UI.pyo", line 298 in_open_external_torrents
Old 2007-04-02, 18:26   Link #11
Shurato

And this is the only file I'm having this issue with. I've downloaded KIBA up to 29 and can go 31+, but not 30.
Old 2007-04-02, 18:29   Link #12
Ledgem
Love Yourself

It sounds more like it's a damaged torrent file. If you haven't already, try to download the torrent to your HD (Save as and all that), and open it from there. If it's still not working, I'm guessing that the person who made the torrent messed up somehow when that torrent was made. We'd need someone else to independently verify it to be sure, but if you can download everything else without a problem, I don't think the problem is with your network setup nor your client setup.
Old 2007-04-05, 13:28   Link #13
Shurato

Has anyone been able to duplicate my issue with kiba ep 30 as listed above? I tried saving the torrent and opening it that way, as suggested, but I still get the same error message. Could this be because I'm running XPPro x64 SP2? I doubt it, since this is the only file I've had a problem with in a LONG time (like before I got this box, and those usually worked when saved then opened). Could anyone suggest a bt client that doesn't use UPnP (which doesn't seem to work either on x64 or my modem, not sure)? I tried utorrent, but as actiontecs really suck when it comes to configuring port forwarding (which I had to do for bt), I couldn't seem to get it to work without port forwarding (which I wasn't going to mess with since about 50% of the time I edit any port forwarding records, they all get deleted and I'm running a bunch of servers on my box.

Thanks!
Old 2007-04-09, 19:29   Link #14
Shurato

Hm. Oops!

There was a batch torrent with that episode in it, so I'm just grabbing that. Thanks for the help, and maybe one day we can figure out what's wrong with either that torrent or bittorrent.
Old 2007-04-10, 14:38   Link #15
Chanin

Shurato
I have duplicated this issue with kiba ep 30 as you said and it is that particular torrent. Question is what do we do about it? I emailed one of the System admins at Baka about it, but now I think I should have been talking to Mishicorp because I tried to load it from this site as well with the same result.
Chanin
Chanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 15:01   Link #16
Chanin

Kiba 30

I left a note at Mishcorp's site about Kiba 30 complete with the error message.

Failed to get torrent Traceback (most recent call last): File "BitTorrent\UI.pyo", line 298 in_open_external_torrents

Hopefully that will allert who ever needs to know.
Old 2007-04-10, 19:32   Link #17
Shurato

Thanks much.
Old 2007-04-21, 15:05   Link #18
Chanin

Has anyone found a working torrent of Kiba 30 yet?
Old 2007-04-25, 14:31   Link #19
Chanin

Link for Kiba 30 torrent

Here it is, a link for a Kiba 30 torrent that works

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/Kyuu-Kib...bcd523dbb117ca