AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-26, 23:08   Link #161
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, as any good cop or lawyer will tell you, solving a case is 10% finding evidence, 10% finding a perpetraitor, and 80% is tricking that sucker into thinking he's been caught and getting him to fess up even though you really don't have much of anything to go on and if it was taken to court you'd probubly loose and he'd walk.
Old 2004-10-31, 19:46   Link #162
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Episode 9 is out by FB if anyone wants it.

Once again, thank you FB. Even if you're slow for any reason, be it in your control or otherwise, we still love you and apreciate your work.
Old 2004-10-31, 21:31   Link #163
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

o.o

I swear, after I get through this load of college apps...

Anyway, much of our time is spent debating the "appropriateness" of various lines, including culture-specific ones. We want to make the dialogue flow as naturally as possible while capturing cultural expressions correctly.

Now, on topic:

Spoiler:
crumja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 11:46   Link #164
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, just saw episode 11 and
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-24, 01:52   Link #165
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket Send a message via Skype™ to basket
I watched episode 11 too. \o/

Spoiler for About the book this story was taken from:

Spoiler for On to the episode proper:

Personally, I hope that the animators will cover "The Big Four", which is one of the most gripping AC novels I've read to date.
Old 2004-12-06, 02:53   Link #166
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket Send a message via Skype™ to basket
Thank you Froth-Bite for releasing episode 12. ^^ It was pretty good at solving the mystery of the pharoah's curse.

Spoiler:

In the next episode, it seems like Miss Marple will take centre-stage. I wonder whether it will be a two-part story?
Old 2006-07-04, 22:25   Link #167
rooboy
Umeboshi!

OMG! Froth Bite has released episode 27! I was just telling my mother about this series Saturday night when she came down to visit(she's a huge Agatha Christie fan). I'm going to have to go back and rewatch the whole series up until now again!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FROTH BITE!
Old 2006-10-02, 21:41   Link #168
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Not that anyone seems to care but me (apparently I'm the only person in the world who can't locate RAWs for this series - always late to the party). But Froth Bite released 29 recently ... which forced me to go back and realize that I'd missed the release of 28 (fortunately for me, as 28 and 29 are a two part story.

Thank you again Froth Bite! I know it probably seems like nobody cares, but I love this series and am very grateful every time I get an episode!
Old 2007-01-24, 21:32   Link #169
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Froth Bite has released episode 30!

Thank you again for sticking with this series! If no one else appreciates it, I do!
Old 2007-04-03, 21:38   Link #170
tenshisama

How closely do the mysteries and solutions map to the original novels?

Could this series be viewed as a Cliff's Notes guide to Agatha Christie?
tenshisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 22:14   Link #171
basket
World's first BBSing cat

I've watched all the episodes that have been subbed so far, and from what I believe, they tend to be largely faithful to the storyline of the various novels/short stories. The only things that I can remember are that some of the (very) minor elements tend to be left out...

And of course, there's no Maybelle or Oliver in the novels.
Old 2007-04-03, 22:38   Link #172
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Hmm... well I haven't read the relevent novels in years, but from what I remember (and from watching far more recently repeats of the BBC/ITV adaptations, assuming they haven't been edited to heck) the basic jist is usually the same. If all you want is the victim, perpetrator and methodology of each murder it'll do fine.

There are occaisional details/subplots they'll gloss over, or certain characters will be changed slightly: Hastings being the most obvious example, he's portrayed as a young and inexperienced in the anime, whereas in the books he's older, a war veteren, and generally a very Watsonish character, although both the anime and ITV apparently expanded his role considerably in many of the stories featured, had too look that one up on wikipedia, which shows you how long it's been since I read them. Likewise they'll occaisionally gloss over certain cultural or background details, presumably to save time. Oh and they add a few extra maids here and there, completely with stereotypical victorian maids' garb.

Additionally in some of the mysteries they'll replace an existing character with Mable, most notably in 'Sleeping Murder', where she replaces Gwenda's husband and in '4.50 From Paddington' where she replaces an associate of Miss Marple's, which also results in them using a character who I don't think existed in the original as a love interest (I guess since it would look wierd for Mable to be getting hit on by much older guys, although isn't she supposed to be 16? That's pretty much eligable by the standards of the time. Either way she's clearly supposed to be the stand-in for a young female audence so a middle-aged love interest is out of the question).

But yeah, the crimes themselves are, to my limited knowledge, completely intact. Just don't try to use them for any kind of character study.