AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 49 28.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-04-04, 05:47   Link #281
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
However we can not allow Nanoha trio to go on all or even most of the mission, else there will be no chance for the new stars to shine. Still it very be very interesting to see how the producers balance all this out.
Quote from 'ANGEL' ...

"Okay, you two take the twenty-five on the left, I'll take the fifty on the right!"

... Problem solved!
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 06:09   Link #282
Chi-no
Light & Dark User
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the world
Was actually quite impressed that she knows bind magic.... Thought Nanoha has mostly attacking magic.... But the when she save the kid, she uses Bind to hold the block ....

I like this show .... No matter how it turns out ... But notice the voice is a bit different when she talks normally but when she recites out the magic words, she still have the voice of when she is younger in the previous series .... ehhehhehe ...
__________________
"I stand in between the Light and Darkness "
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 06:11   Link #283
Woden
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Just because one does not go on all the missions does not mean that all of a sudden they are just "the wise mentor". That's my only major gripe, we seem to be tossing Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate into a slot almost as quickly as when that promo poster came out. It shouldn't be TOO hard to manage the protagonists, there are are about as many new and important characters now as there were in A's. This series is twice the size of A's. If the author plays his cards right, he should be able to balance it out.
Woden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 06:21   Link #284
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-no View Post
Was actually quite impressed that she knows bind magic.... Thought Nanoha has mostly attacking magic.... But the when she save the kid, she uses Bind to hold the block ....

I like this show .... No matter how it turns out ... But notice the voice is a bit different when she talks normally but when she recites out the magic words, she still have the voice of when she is younger in the previous series .... ehhehhehe ...
Nanoha has always known "Bind" magic. How do you think she managed to lock Fate in place while bathing her in Starlight Breaker during the first season?

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 06:37   Link #285
Thisguy
Negikamo
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-no View Post
Was actually quite impressed that she knows bind magic.... Thought Nanoha has mostly attacking magic.... But the when she save the kid, she uses Bind to hold the block ....
Well actually, bind magic was The first magic Nanoha ever used (except making BJ) against jewel, even before teh Pink-Cannon-of-Doom we know today .
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 06:37   Link #286
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woden View Post
Just because one does not go on all the missions does not mean that all of a sudden they are just "the wise mentor". That's my only major gripe, we seem to be tossing Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate into a slot almost as quickly as when that promo poster came out. It shouldn't be TOO hard to manage the protagonists, there are are about as many new and important characters now as there were in A's. This series is twice the size of A's. If the author plays his cards right, he should be able to balance it out.

'Wise mentor' doesn't mean that they'll be sitting in a comfortable chair barking out orders (Unlike a certain character possibly).

It just means they're... well, wiser... And are mentors

Besides, if the opening was any indication, they'll still get some action... Combat action that is.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 06:47   Link #287
Chi-no
Light & Dark User
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Nanoha has always known "Bind" magic. How do you think she managed to lock Fate in place while bathing her in Starlight Breaker during the first season?

Cheers.
Yes that is true .... did remember that too .... But she used that 'bind' to lock down that block.....

Also like that 1st esp. Reinforce is also very small like the A's last esp. and she is a chief sgt ? Wow..... Nice anime will look forward to the other esp. Like the 3rd season .... but really no news of Arf and Lindy as well as amy, right ?
__________________
"I stand in between the Light and Darkness "
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 07:00   Link #288
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-no View Post

Also like that 1st esp. Reinforce is also very small like the A's last esp. and she is a chief sgt ? Wow..... Nice anime will look forward to the other esp. Like the 3rd season .... but really no news of Arf and Lindy as well as amy, right ?

We're all twitchy and jumpy about that...
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 07:06   Link #289
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
I am holding out for an OP&ED change in the second half of the season where Yuuno will make a reappearance.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 07:16   Link #290
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
I am holding out for an OP&ED change in the second half of the season where Yuuno will make a reappearance.

Cheers.
Ditto, among other characters as well.

It'll be nice if they toss in a new song too, but that might be too much to asked for...
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 07:38   Link #291
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
However we can not allow Nanoha trio to go on all or even most of the mission, else there will be no chance for the new stars to shine. Still it very be very interesting to see how the producers balance all this out.
New stars will encounter something that will kick their arses in to oblivion > time for the old trio to move in I expect Nanoha/Fate/Hayate to play mentors who sit back most of the time, but will have to move out once crap starts hitting the fan.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 07:48   Link #292
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under a cardboard box
Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
New stars will encounter something that will kick their arses in to oblivion > time for the old trio to move in I expect Nanoha/Fate/Hayate to play mentors who sit back most of the time, but will have to move out once crap starts hitting the fan.
Don't you just love the deus ex machina effect in the animes, Through i really hope that this anime does not become like this.

What I would like to see is the Nanoha trio and the new stars will take to the field at same time and fight with enermies which is in their own respective league. But I guess only time will tell what path does this series is going to take.

Last edited by Darco_emp; 2007-04-04 at 08:07. Reason: errors errors even more errors
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 08:00   Link #293
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
New stars will encounter something that will kick their arses in to oblivion > time for the old trio to move in I expect Nanoha/Fate/Hayate to play mentors who sit back most of the time, but will have to move out once crap starts hitting the fan.
That would be a very bad move as it would belittle the meaning of Subaru and co's existence. I have enough of shows where they introduce new characters just to make the old ones look better.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 08:11   Link #294
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Shouldn't the fact that non of the new characters are capable of flight combat be enough of an indicator that they and the old cast wouldn't be sharing the same combat fields?

Besides, considering how none of them seem to have extremely long distance combat capabilities...technically, even 9 year old Yuuno and Shamal should be enough to beat them.

And we want them to be facing opponents who will match Nanoha and co. in combat? That's craziness.

I'd expect Subaru to be able to fly by episode 25/26...but that's a long ways off.

Most likely, Subaru and co. will deal with non-flight able opponents. The problem behind this line of thought is that, it demeans the presence of the enemy, since they won't compare with the S, SS rank level enemies, and without some solid semblance of fighting drama balanced out, it'd really make Subaru and co. feel cheap.

one vote for Yuuno in a hopefully 2nd OP. Another one for Dark Yuuno.:P
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 08:16   Link #295
BoyO_O
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
may i know when is episode 2 coming out?
BoyO_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 08:18   Link #296
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
That would be a very bad move as it would belittle the meaning of Subaru and co's existence. I have enough of shows where they introduce new characters just to make the old ones look better.

Cheers.
In that case, I can only see (At the moment) three possible types of villian...

1) They would 'attempt' to balance them so that that the difference in power between the old and new characters wouldn't matter too much. After all, does it matter if a machine is destroyed by whichever girl's divine buster, as long as it's destroyed?

(Granted, it's difficult to pull this off and still make it look good...)

2) They would make 2 groups of villians, one for the rookie and one for the more experienced. That way, each of them would have their share of balanced fights.

("You two take the 1000 on the left, I'll get the big dragon!")

3) The power difference between the two groups wouldn't matter cause they'll be facing a villian so leet, that any help is welcomed...!

(This is where all the insane number of 'S' comes in...)
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 08:36   Link #297
nadare
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to nadare
I thought a lot of people knew why they choose close combat mages or physical damage mages(Tiana's gun has a shotgun bullet) over pure magic power types. So only few people actually read the manga of nanoha?

because I think that they(Nanoha and co.) would choose more experienced mages(physical types are rare) over rank B and C mages.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 08:37   Link #298
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatAttack View Post
*sigh*

Looking at the poll... 'Perfect' really doesn't mean what it used to.

I think a lot of people are blinded by 'fan frenzy'.
The rating system is going to suffer from depreciation..
if you give out 'Perfect' scores too easily, they lose their value.
It can be argued that the opposite is true. If people take "Perfect" with its true meaning, then no episode will ever get it. It'll then lose its meaning as a choice.

As for the power difference between the old and new characters, we'll probably see the two groups do different things. Also, in the opening we see the four new characters working together. With the teamwork, they can probably make up for the power difference with just that.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 08:38   Link #299
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
~ 3) The power difference between the two groups wouldn't matter cause they'll be facing a villian so leet, that any help is welcomed...!

(This is where all the insane number of 'S' comes in...)
So long as the "final boss" doesn't become a whorefest of target-practice galore. I kid, I kid... sort of.

Actually, amongst the old guard, I am looking forward to Hayate's style the most. We already know more or less what Nanoha and Fate's fighting style is like, but Hayate is still relatively unknown. Tri-Beam Ragnarok Breaker aside.

Still entertaining the thought that Hayate's Unison-Transformation will be a parody of all those small robots merging to form a big robot shows.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 08:44   Link #300
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Well, Hayate will be, imo, a ranged type. She doesn't strike me as some one who would like to get up close and personal with the enemy. (Much like Nanoha).

Quote:
That would be a very bad move as it would belittle the meaning of Subaru and co's existence. I have enough of shows where they introduce new characters just to make the old ones look better.

Cheers.
Well, technically - they are better

Not that i want to see it going this way, it is just that i can easily see it happening.
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.