AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-04-02, 14:11   Link #61
mangatron

Send a message via Skype™ to mangatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
All except some Harem animes. Where i dont understand why some girls would stick with the same asshole, for no hell reason and i dont know why this stupid unexplained feelings and admiration for an idiot. Like Tsukihime or Elfen Lied.

I think i know, yet, i dont know.
Love is a terrible thing....for some

One must watch a dead load of anime to understand this field to the fullest. Trust me....I, unfortunately, know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver
Sometimes i dont know why some animes dont have a solid well balance guy, instead you get some who are too nerd weak or too arrogantly strong.
The world is full of a vast different kind of person. Be glad you now have experience when dealing with these sort of people, for as when a well balanced character appears, sometimes it's too good to be true....

I <3 Pantsu
Wondering about my avatar/sig? Post a question here!
*Girls Und Panzer: 01-10 | Winter 2013 anime
My avatars & signatures
*Arpeggio Blue Steel avatars!
*mangatron's Twintail Celebration begins with Miss Monday
from Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z
!
*Feel my Birthday! May 08 2014
with my posts all these years!
XD
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 17:23   Link #62
JnnyT93

Send a message via AIM to JnnyT93
The one I couldn't get was Neon Genesis Evangelion.... >__> Yeah, I must be stupid, but the ending completely confused me! (probably because I missed 2 episodes :P) Everyone kept saying it was the BEST anime they've ever watched, but for me, I had no idea what was happening....
JnnyT93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 17:34   Link #63
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
^- the ending is kinda confusing...

it clears it up though a bit more in the movie/movies
Old 2007-04-02, 17:36   Link #64
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I didn't get it either.. I think I understood the middle part.. but the end.. uhh.. WTF was that for.. did the like, blow the budget or something.
So then I moved on to the next.. thing I don't understand.

You know I'm not dissapointed in NGE for having a dissapointing stupid ending. In a way thinking back it was sorta good.. even though I didn't like it the magic of the rest of the show is still there. For me, most ideas in shows tend to fade away after the show ends in a good natural way.
Old 2007-04-02, 18:52   Link #65
Crovax
A2000A
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Crovax Send a message via AIM to Crovax Send a message via MSN to Crovax Send a message via Yahoo to Crovax Send a message via Skype™ to Crovax
Two shows that spring to mind for me are:

Cowboy Bebop
FLCL (furikuri, fooly cooly, w/e)

Even though most ppl seem to tell me these shows rock, I watched about half of both, and then stopped trying....

As for some of the H-Game-ish and harem animes, such as AIR, Onegai Teacher and a few others. People are right, the males ARE far too undefined, weakwilled and generally useless. It annoys me a great deal. In some cases this is probably because they actually WERE originally H-Games, and thus didn't actually HAVE a real male protagonist character, since that'd be the player, obviously. But iirc, Onegai Teacher for instance isn't H-game derived (though I'm certain it inspired a great many, great art.) yet it has the same flaw in a very grand/obvious manner. =P That's actually why I so strongly prefer Twins to Teacher, Maiku might not express himself perfectly all the time, he doesn't make me hate him at least.

Last edited by Crovax; 2007-04-02 at 19:04.
Crovax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-02, 23:19   Link #66
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
Two shows that spring to mind for me are:

Cowboy Bebop
FLCL (furikuri, fooly cooly, w/e)

Even though most ppl seem to tell me these shows rock, I watched about half of both, and then stopped trying....

Honestly how can you list Bebop and not tell us what you didn't understand?? If you didn't even get half passed then you missed the Bombing Tall buildings ep (that challenges capitalism), the TV cult ep (which was a metaphor for television destroying our society) and the Feng Shui ep (about unwrapping an ancient enigma)...Now those eps are worth somebody needing to or having trouble understanding yet you don't even get to these episodes to have an opinion on what's really hard to get since you never even got there...
Old 2007-04-03, 00:56   Link #67
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

I never understood the connection between the blond haired girl (can't remember her name) and the blue haired girl with the wings (can't remember her name either) in Air.

Also, I had no idea what was going on the entire X tv series. I mean I did, but I don't understand why the dream seers had to be tied into it. To be honest they pissed me off.

Lastly, Texhnolyze. I believe someone else mentioned this before, but wasn't really clear on what he didn't understand. First of all, who was the woman who poked the main character's eye? Secondly, why the heck did that guy from the above world have amazing combat skills when the above world was just a bunch of people waiting for their slow deaths and doing absolutely nothing? There's a lot more questions, but maybe I should just wait on these to be answered.

Btw, I'm not bashing any of these shows, all three of them were pretty good it's just I really didn't understand a few things in each of them.
Old 2007-04-03, 05:02   Link #68
Navel

For people that have seen Evangelion and feel they didn't understood parts of it (or even for those that think they understood everything). There is this website with much info on this anime: Eva Otaku. You may start with the Evangelion FAQ there.
Navel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 20:12   Link #69
-Kh-
ポルカ

I just don't know what's the deal with Cardcaptor Sakura, why so many people i knew liked it so much, while there are/were much better series form Clamp, or pretty much everyone else.

And I believe too that Evangelion is quite overrated, although it is among my favorite animes, the only reason is Rei Ayanami, whithout her there, i probably wouldn't have even bothered finishing it.
-Kh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 20:17   Link #70
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I guess I'm insane because I watched Cardcaptor Sakura (Cardcaptors) without knowing how much they butchered the series yet still really enjoyed it and missed it once it ended...It had a very charming quality with some real high quality action sequences (however parced they were)...But again I don't know what there was to not get...The premise seemed simple enuff to me...It seems some people are being rhetorical about their lack of understanding...
Old 2007-04-03, 20:32   Link #71
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Method View Post
I never understood the connection between the blond haired girl (can't remember her name) and the blue haired girl with the wings (can't remember her name either) in Air.
Misuzu is the incarnation of the blue haired girl with wings. In that town, there are girls who are cursed from the feather left behind by the celestial blue haired girl. Those feather present memories from a distant time, magical feather who replicate in the memories of those in despair. Michiru is a dead soul materialized from that feather.Yukito is the incarnation of Ryuya. Hes suppose to save the blue haired celestial from despair. But in the end, he was also already dead and was materialized from the feather. Sooner he came back as an incarnation of a crow. Can you get it from here?

Quote:
Also, I had no idea what was going on the entire X tv series. I mean I did, but I don't understand why the dream seers had to be tied into it. To be honest they pissed me off.
Story is about a prophecy that will happen in the future. The white hair girl is the forseer of time and she tries to warn all those people who will involved in this prophecy but she cannot change the course of time.

The story, the world will take change in the future,where angels and devils will come to decide the fate of the world.

The hero is in the side of dragons heaven and the villain takes sides with dragons earth. The heroes fight in sacrifice for their love ones to save the world. In the end, the dragons heaven lost,but the hero believed in the earth dragons that he would want to protect those he love dear. Then the dragons earth didint destroy earth because of that reason and see the world worthy of protection.

Quote:
Lastly, Texhnolyze. I believe someone else mentioned this before, but wasn't really clear on what he didn't understand. First of all, who was the woman who poked the main character's eye? Secondly, why the heck did that guy from the above world have amazing combat skills when the above world was just a bunch of people waiting for their slow deaths and doing absolutely nothing? There's a lot more questions, but maybe I should just wait on these to be answered.
The world is texhnolyze is very dark and messed up. People were going into experimentation. Their body fluids become a fuse device that can power those cybernatic arms.The main heroes mother is inplanted in that fuse device. The hero was an orphan who was taken in by mafias. They sent him to fight like a dog and the woman who tried to poke his eye. The hero is her plaything. She is a mafia member. The hero got his limps chopped off because he rebelled and pushed her away.

I feel im in the mood for explaination.

Current Anime following: Gundam 00, Goshuushi-sama Ninomiya-kun, Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji, Night Wizard, Dragonout the Resonance, Minami-Ke, Shion no Ou, Shugo no Chara!, BLUE DROP, Rental Magica, Kimikiss pure rogue, Moyashimon,Majin Tantei Nourgami Neuro,Clannad
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 21:40   Link #72
Wildclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ama no Kagaseo View Post
Has there ever been an anime you just.. Don't get why everyone loves?
Of all the anime I have seen there is only one where I can't understand why any sane person would like it, and that would be Evangelion. I have therefore come to the conclusion that the world consists of lots of insane people. (Alternativly it may be just me that am insane)

I don't get when people say that it was a psychological series. A teenage boy that just whines and whines and then whines some more for no apparant reason isn't psychology. It is just poor writing. There are many examples of better psychological series. Take Mai Hime for example.

Spoiler for Only for those who have viewed Mai Hime:
Wildclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 15:43   Link #73
Navel

Well, the link I posted above is a good start for understanding why Evangelion is a psychological series (and not only). There's more than love to this world, there's also the question "what do we exist for".
Navel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 16:42   Link #74
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Anime I don't understand...?
Only can think of one, which qualifies for both ways of "not being able to understand" covered in this thread though. That would be Paranoia Agent.
Neither do I understand what so many people liked about it nor do I believe that I got a great deal of the imageries. Usually I like series like this, packed with symbolism; but in Paranoia Agent I didn't grasp anything that meant something to me (except the obvious stuff). The only thing that this show managed to achieve was to bore me to death. I'm not saying it is bad (even though it is one of the shows I enjoyed the least), I'm pretty sure it got it's benefits; unfortunately I just wasn't able to see any.
Old 2007-04-04, 18:28   Link #75
Shiori-chan

I didnt get the ending of NG evangelion and the second ending from it from the end of evangelion :s
Old 2007-04-04, 18:58   Link #76
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
mmmm, i saw FLCL high... so i understood it more than most... they say animes like that need to be seen while under some kinda mind fuck drug...

though i saw a few episdoes of Super Milk Chan or whatever, both high and sober... and well it just didn't make ANY sense what so ever...

maybe it wasn't supposed to, but meh....

oh and for the record, evne though i said the ending of Eva was a bit confusing, i did understand it, was merely explaining to those that didn't understand it, that the movie added a little more clarity to the series if they haven't seen it.... though i did have to see the last few episodes twice to better understand it ...