AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-04-01, 05:04   Link #1
thisis

Redownloading?

Hello.
I'm currently using Azureus 2.5.0.4 (on XP PRO).
About a night ago I was downloading a series, and it was about 60%, however, when I went to check whether its completed or not around now, I see this strange thing: 1. the torrent started to re download itself - its 30% and while I check how much already been downloaded, I see it's not even near how much it should've been with 60%+ 2. I downloaded 6.94 out of 6.67

What does this suppose to mean? I suppose I cannot do a thing to retrieve the (I assume) previous DOWNLOADED state, huh?
While I try to open the files, it acts as if it hasn't been completed yet, also..

It's a shame.. after downloading so much it gets erased so easily..
thisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 09:23   Link #2
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
It could well be that you've downloaded a lot of useless data (it happens, but I never saw it to that extent). I'm assuming the 6.94 out of 6.67 are GB.

Whenever you complete a download, most of times you'll see you've downloaded more than what the actual filesize is. This is due to the protocol data being sent (though this one is too small to cause such a huge difference) and to bad data. See if you can get Azureus to filter out peers that send bad data more than once. It's somewhere in the Azureus configuration.

Still, I'm pretty surprised it has gotten so many bad data...

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 10:16   Link #3
thisis

Alongside that, the torrent statics are screwed..
I just tried this torrent using uTorrent, and apparently it's 80% near completion.
I don't like uTorrent, I so I keep using Azureus, I guess when it will actually be completed it will work out alright..

Besides the useless data, I don't understand why the percentage of completion is wrong (as well as the information about the files)
Old 2007-04-03, 04:20   Link #4
thisis

Well, I managed to download it throughly, only that I needed to download around 10 gigs (around 4 gigs more than necessary) . I've searched the options, but couldn't find the option that filters out peers that send bad data. I also searched Azureus wiki and couldn't put my finger on the problem. So, if anyone can still help me about filtering out peers and what should I do to prevent similar occurring, that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2007-04-05, 10:31   Link #5
Andu

Send a message via MSN to Andu
I think this thing was called a "hashfail" which simply results in invalid data. there should be no way to evade it, it just happens. You are just unlucky, that kind of things shouldn't happen often though
Andu is offline   Reply With Quote