AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-04-08, 02:03   Link #21
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

The lowest spec computer I've gotten an H.264 file (Froth-bite's Nodame Cantabile) to run on was a 750 mhz Pentium III laptop with a 4 mb S3 video card.

However, that was not using CCCP nor Mplayer nor CoreAVC. It used KMPlayer (Korean Mplayer) 2.9.3 on Windows XP. Aside from a couple of frame skips, the episode ran pretty smoothly.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2007-04-08, 04:37   Link #22
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Would it be possible for you to link me to the proof? This runs counter to my own personal experiences, and I can't really think of any other explanation for what I've seen on my systems.
http://www.cccp-project.net/smf/index.php?topic=1167.0 should have some relevant speed tests. This has also been debated at length in the #cccp IRC channel and tested both by ourselves and the people over at doom9, so it's not exactly any new or surprising information.

Also, what Nicholi means is that as long as the build is compiled so that it CAN use all the optimizations, further adding "specialization" for a specific instruction set or processor type does not add any significant speedups.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2007-04-09, 07:05   Link #23
Nicholi
King of Hosers

ffdshow-tryouts even learned the same thing (after a few years they finally tested it). Your personal experiences are obviously flawed. I believe the tryout page even has a graph listed and shows that the processor type optimizations alone have no effect on decoding whatsoever. The major contributors to speed differences are whether you use MSVC7/8 or ICL9.