AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Torrent Submissions

Notices

Old 2007-04-09, 22:28   Link #1
choupunz

[SF-S]Lucky Star Episode 1 English Fansub

Hi, we are a new fansub group called SleepingForest-Subs.

Our first anime release.

http://nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=1265

You can find us on irc at #sleeping-forest@irc.highway.net or visit us at http://sf.nyaatorrents.org/

Sorry we did it in a rush to bring you the sub as fast as possible, and as a result, no karaoke for this version… There will be an updated version with your usual hard-sub in full karaoke glory! ETA is about 4/10 or 4/11. This is solely for previewing the contents of the episode.

We are looking for stable xdcc bots to host our bigger releases i.e. Music and Anime. Please drop by our irc channel or leave a message on the forum~~

Brought to you by #SF-Sub.
Enjoy. And comments are appreciated.

We are also currently scanlating the manga Lucky Star.

Last edited by choupunz; 2007-04-09 at 23:17.
choupunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 23:02   Link #2
QBnoYouko
Twilight Breaker

Send a message via MSN to QBnoYouko
Whoa, no joke? I was expecting a.f.k. or even Mahora first, but this is good enough. THANKS! ^^
QBnoYouko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-09, 23:19   Link #3
Nojiko

Actually, our plan is to speed release a small low quality version directly when the raws come out (Like the same day, literally), while in the mean time I'm going to make a better quality version with hard subs. And sorry for the Karaoke not being done too... I swear... it's bloody HARD... give me a day x.x

Oh and if you're interested, Sleeping-Forest also scanslates Lucky Star, basically us, and you can get our manga scanlations at the sleeping forest site ^_^
Nojiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 00:43   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

amazing.... applause just for even giving it a shot as this series is going to push some skill buttons
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 00:52   Link #5
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nojiko View Post
Actually, our plan is to speed release a small low quality version directly when the raws come out (Like the same day, literally), while in the mean time I'm going to make a better quality version with hard subs. And sorry for the Karaoke not being done too... I swear... it's bloody HARD... give me a day x.x

Oh and if you're interested, Sleeping-Forest also scanslates Lucky Star, basically us, and you can get our manga scanlations at the sleeping forest site ^_^
If you managed to do the karaoke in that short time limit I would think you guys are god. '_'

Thanks for the speedy subbing!
Old 2007-04-10, 08:19   Link #6
Maritime
Oceanic

Thanks for getting this out so fast, I wasn't expecting to see a fansub for at least a week. You've done a fantastic job in such a short space of time, please keep up the good work.
Maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 19:00   Link #7
NaweG
Just some guy

Agreed. For such a short timespan, this was excellent work. If there was some way you could leave up the explanation notes a bit longer, it might be easier to read them without search and pause, but that's a pretty minor complaint.

Congratulations again on the great and fast job!
Old 2007-04-10, 19:55   Link #8
Nojiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Agreed. For such a short timespan, this was excellent work. If there was some way you could leave up the explanation notes a bit longer, it might be easier to read them without search and pause, but that's a pretty minor complaint.

Congratulations again on the great and fast job!
Complaint noticed and agreed with x.x When I was watching it I was saying the same thing XD I'll make sure it's there for longer on the HQ release.
Old 2007-04-10, 23:01   Link #9
Onniguru

Very good fansub for such a quick turn-around.

Don't much care for the tracker you chose, though. The link to the torrent on this page works fine, but the link to this torrent on the animesuki main page leads...not to this torrent, but to a page on nyuuutorrents.org that asks you to "donate" toward their bandwidth costs, and provides no link on that page for getting past it to any of the torrent files without "donating".

I don't mind tracker sites asking for donations, but the way that page is set up, it almost forces anyone who comes to their site through the animesuki link to donate.

If anyone wants, I can provide a tracker for this release, then nyuuutorrents doesn't have to worry about their bandwidth costs anymore

I've already set up the tracker, the torrent file and put it up in a public folder on a webserver that I run and maintain myself for purposes unrelated to anime

I will not provide a link to said .torrent file, however, unless at least one person expresses an interest in receiving this fine fasnsub from an alternate tracking source.
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 23:09   Link #10
choupunz

oh, that would be great if you could offer to help us provide a tracker.
Old 2007-04-10, 23:20   Link #11
Nojiko

Heh, you just got the interest of all 3 people who made the fansub XD
Old 2007-04-10, 23:25   Link #12
Onniguru

Your wish is my command

http://www.new-entity.com/public/public.htm

There is the torrent file, remade to use my own tracker. I cannot gurantee this tracker to be up 24/7...but its up most of the time.

The tracker is: http://75.85.48.24:6999/announce.
Hopefully I did it all correctly and it will all work.

update: using uTorrent's internal tracker, which might not be "up to snuff" for this task. In current testing of downloading the torrent to machine B, and then trying run it, it is unable to connect to the tracker on machine A. I've opened the firewalls for the above port on both Windows and on my router, so I am unsure as to the exact cause, so I'm going to have to research it.

update number #2: I appear to have gotten it working now, but someone who already downloaded (before Midnight EST 4/10/2007 that is) the .torrent file will need to download it again, as it has been changed (using hard ip in tracker announce now).
It seems:
1) uTorrent's internal tracker only works with IPs, not actual domain names.
2) uTorrent wants its tracker port to be the same as the one it uses for "normal" (downloading and seeding) operartions.
3) I like pizza.

Last edited by Onniguru; 2007-04-11 at 00:18.
Onniguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 23:47   Link #13
choupunz

thanks a lot!