AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-01-22, 23:58   Link #1
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

Wanted: Translator for Touch

Genbu Fansubs (#genbu @ irc.enterthegame.com) is looking for a translator who is willing to work on the 1985 Mitsuru Adachi anime, Touch. The series has 102 episodes and 5 movies, all of which we intend to sub. As of this moment, 15 episodes have been released. We need translations for episodes 17+.

A little bit about us:
- We are not a new group by any means; Genbu was formed almost a year ago (Feb. 1 is our 1-year anniversary) as a result of the merger of Mirakuru Fansubs and half of the BakaMX staff. We also have a complete set of staff (translators excepted), despite our infrequent releases, and we are not looking to fill any other positions at the present time.
- We are not looking to pick up any new projects at this time, unless they are short and have not already been subbed by groups we find reputable, so if you wish to join us as a translator, please don't ask.
- If your group wishes to set up a joint project for the future episodes of the series, please get in touch with me. If we find that our groups are similar in ideology, we'd be glad to consider all such offers.

If you're interested, please post in this thread, email me - elepsis [at] bellsouth.net - or (best of all) find me on irc in #genbu or #animecentral on ETG or #aikousha on mircx. I should be going by the nick Ele|<something> if not Elepsis.
Elepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 21:27   Link #2
brood-faun

Do you guys have access to raw from 17+ onwards?

BTW, this is an excellent series. I'd love it see it fansubbed.
brood-faun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 01:06   Link #3
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

Yes, we do. I have raws through episode 20 sitting on my hard drive right now, and we have plenty more (I'm not sure quite how far, but enough to keep us busy for a few years at least :P).
Old 2004-01-28, 08:17   Link #4
Spyre
"Soon"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elepsis
Yes, we do. I have raws through episode 20 sitting on my hard drive right now, and we have plenty more (I'm not sure quite how far, but enough to keep us busy for a few years at least :P).
how many eps have you released this year? D:
Old 2004-01-29, 13:12   Link #5
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

Only one less than you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyre
how many eps have you released this year? D:
Old 2004-01-31, 17:28   Link #6
Spyre
"Soon"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elepsis
Only one less than you!
Maybe I should have specified 2003 rather than 2004 =X
Old 2004-02-03, 19:31   Link #7
brood-faun

Elepsis: Is it okay if I seed some of the Touch eps fansubbed by Genbu or is it possible for Genbu to reseed it( I already done seeding 1-9 but now a different group start takes over?)
brood-faun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 17:19   Link #8
Elepsis
Lives under a bridge

broodfaun: We're currently working on putting up batch torrents of our Touch episodes. The torrent with the first four or five will be going up within a few weeks or so. By the way, if you happen to have our versions of episodes 5-9, please PM me or find me on IRC. :P