AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2006-12-18, 14:34   Link #1
suwayya
King of the ...'s

Send a message via MSN to suwayya
Sharpnel

So, does any listen to Dj Sharpnel or any other Sharpnel Sounds groups?

Well i for one do listen to them... A lot xD
Really catchy stuff and nice stuff
Old 2006-12-18, 20:06   Link #2
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Im listening to the www.hardrave.jp radio-stream frequently, where they play some of his music (not so often now, because I got most of the songs with a radio-ripper ).
Good music.
I also like some of the other songs that are on there a lot. Theyre not labeled "sharpnel" but have a similar style to them.

I dont know what you mean by "other sharpnel sounds groups" though. Is it supposed to be a music genre? Aside from that radio I dont have any access to that music, so Ive really no idea how many artists there are and how big this thing is.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 08:34   Link #3
suwayya
King of the ...'s

Send a message via MSN to suwayya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
I dont know what you mean by "other sharpnel sounds groups" though. Is it supposed to be a music genre? Aside from that radio I dont have any access to that music, so Ive really no idea how many artists there are and how big this thing is.
Sharpnel Sounds is a music studio for many gabber and hard rave artists

If you look at the bands listed you'll see for example; Dj jea, m1dy and Dj sharpnel (duh :P). I mostly listen to them. M1dy is sometimes a little to hard for me tho xD

I raelly like how they mix anime songs with hard rave and gabbing
Old 2006-12-24, 19:50   Link #4
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Ok, so theres no one else here who likes it but us.... nO wAY!

I knew that sharpnel page before.. but really.. its the typical japanese web page, meaning it makes not sense at all!
I could extract some information out of, say... a swedish page, although i know as much swedish as i know japanese, but this site is so cramped with stuff all over the place, i have know idea what its about!

What I really would like to know would be: I know all the songs they play on that radio (it seems to be linked to the site, so I figure its "their" radio)... is there more?

Whats with the cds they sell there? Anything new on them? Whats on them anyway? Like I would buy a cd with only some japanese signs describing its content... right...

I really would like to hear more of this kind of music, but that page is like a giant, chaotic labyrinth, that wont let me escape with one single bit of information.. ever!
Old 2007-01-14, 21:05   Link #5
Tran225

I like it just cant listen to their radio for some problem anyone know why?
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-11, 08:56   Link #6
H-man
3rd year Otaku

Location: Hmm...: Bollnäs, Sweden; Sundsvall, Sweden; Edsbro, Sweden and a couple of places in Texas, USA
Send a message via MSN to H-man
Ok, DJ Sharnel is my fan soooooo much. THEY are just increadible. My favorite hobbie is to listen to their songs and try to figure out what Anime they have taken the sound from. Then my friend killed that idea, by posting that info on Wikipedia. He has posted about half of the Sharpnel source information. My favourite song is Shihen, I just finished watching the series it's taken from, Uta Kata. Another of my favourites is Lol it out. i'm happy now that the new CD has come out, Otaku Overclock.

Now, how come you think m1dy is to much? He's fun (^_^). My favourites by him is Minami Ikebukoro Hardcore custom and Cold Pizza.

Then I have to ask, how did you start to listen to Dj Sharpnel. I found them through StepMania. Increadible game. Played a few of thier songs and then I went to find the rest (^_^).

Just wish they would start selling the CDs in Sweden, probably wouldn't sell all though. Their discography is like 30 CDs...

Go DJ Sharpnel!!
H-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-10, 08:49   Link #7
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

That wiki is an interesting read. Thank you for the hint.

I see there are new tracks out I didnt heart yet. Need to check the radio more often.

Edit:
On the sharpnel page it now says: "SHARPNELSOUND CDS NOW AVILABLE ON U.S.A!!!!!"
Maybe those are easier (cheaper) to get than the ones from jp? :>

2nd Edit:
Shop selling Sharpnel in USA is http://drfreeclouds.com/.
Prices are about ~22$ a CD.
It says they will ship international ( \o/ ) and will do that via airmail. Anyone know what prices airmail would charge on a small package of 5-10 CDs?

Last edited by Dhomochevsky; 2007-04-10 at 09:01.
Old 2007-04-12, 17:06   Link #8
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
I guess I'm not into hardcore electronic music that much, but I never found DJ Sharpnel's songs all that interesting. While he does borrow ideas from other songs, he doesn't really do any more harmonic/melodic development on them, and the rhythmic structure he weaves onto the song isn't all that interesting to me and doesn't really complement or enhance the original ideas. :/