AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-03-11, 18:49   Link #1
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Some questions

I hear Mikoto was given her element and her child. The fact she never materialises Miroku but rather carries it around adds credence to this theory but isn't it just possible that it's constantly materialised because Mikoto either was trained to always be ready to fight or it's a testament to her power. As for her child I don't know why but I get the feeling it's an orphan rather than a child. Nagi seemingly controlled orphans and worke for the Obsidian Lord so it's not improbable he gave Mikoto an orphan to use as her child. What do you think?
__________________

Last edited by M.I.P.; 2007-03-11 at 19:12.
M.I.P. is offline  
Old 2007-03-12, 02:14   Link #2
y063banana71
kris
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Send a message via MSN to y063banana71
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
I hear Mikoto was given her element and her child. The fact she never materialises Miroku but rather carries it around adds credence to this theory but isn't it just possible that it's constantly materialised because Mikoto either was trained to always be ready to fight or it's a testament to her power. As for her child I don't know why but I get the feeling it's an orphan rather than a child. Nagi seemingly controlled orphans and worke for the Obsidian Lord so it's not improbable he gave Mikoto an orphan to use as her child. What do you think?
Well Mikoto has the HiME mark so she is definatly a HiME which means she has an element - the sword - I.e. she wasnt given that. I guess it's an exception for her to constantly have hers around her. OL simply gave her a power up which may or may not have meant miroku could actually appear, otherwise the case MIGHT be that miroku is intrinsic within her sword?
y063banana71 is offline  
Old 2007-03-12, 07:13   Link #3
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Seeing as her element has the Obsidian Lord's mark upon it I feel that if he didn't actually give it to her, her powers were in some way altered by his influence maybe adding power or boosting her to her max.
__________________
M.I.P. is offline  
Old 2007-03-12, 11:42   Link #4
AceMan
Observer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 27
Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
As for her child I don't know why but I get the feeling it's an orphan rather than a child. Nagi seemingly controlled orphans and worke for the Obsidian Lord so it's not improbable he gave Mikoto an orphan to use as her child. What do you think?
Orphans and Childs are basically the same creatures.
Watch Omake #16 - Nagi explains it there.

I think that there is no difference in Mikoto's Child during the series and the last episode. Simply - she didn't have to use Miroku's true power in most cases. You know that when she gets serious, there are "horns" spreading from the ground. They're a part of Miroku which we can see in the last ep.
__________________
AceMan is offline  
Old 2007-03-12, 12:43   Link #5
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Well logically speaking Midori's child isn't all that superior to Duran so why Mikoto would call out her child for it and not for Duran is a very good question. Against Kagatsuchi it makes sense to use her child as whilst Mikoto certainly faired better than expected there wasn't much chance of a victory. I think that the spikes were as you say indicative of her child being summoned but the reason her child never came out was because at the time she was conflicted between Mai and her brother as her M.I.P. When Mai foresook her she made her mind up and finally having a MIP she was able to summon her child fully.
__________________
M.I.P. is offline  
Old 2007-03-14, 18:28   Link #6
Fukiri
Lazy ass
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Anywhere where there is food and a warm bed.
Send a message via MSN to Fukiri
This was a matter that I already thought about. I don't think Miroku was Mikoto's real child. Mikoto herself said that Miroku was given to her by her brother and besides OL controlled Miroku at will and he even said "As long as the Hime star is there Miroku and I shall never perish", I thing that Miroku was more OL's child than Mikoto's
As for her element I also think it wasn't her real one, it was given to her. And why do I say this? First because we never see Mikoto actually materializing it, second the symbol on her sword has the same shape as OL's true form. (And then again, in episode 1 when Mikoto is on the boat's infirmary she calls Miroku and it appears near her, then we see someone closing the door. We never got to know who it was... ).



Then we can get some references on Mai Hime Unmei no Keitoujo: Miroku isn't listed as "Element" (Eremento) but as "Weapon" (Uepon). I think Miroku was a sword, probably created by OL, with some kind of powers that reacted to her Hime mark.

But these are my opinions.
Fukiri is offline  
Old 2007-03-14, 22:13   Link #7
gashunum
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
the ps2 game is different with the anime...

but yes, even in its anime official site, its not called element. its listed as 美袋命の剣「ミロク」 (mikoto's sword (miroku)).

but the big miroku is listed as mikoto's child.
gashunum is offline  
Old 2007-03-14, 23:53   Link #8
y063banana71
kris
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Send a message via MSN to y063banana71
Well Mikoto's sword is definatly linked to her somehow, she managed to summon it at the battle that we discover kagutsuchi. So yes, she didnt materialise it, but it still came at her call. So if it isnt her element I wonder what her real element was.
y063banana71 is offline  
Old 2007-03-15, 12:38   Link #9
AceMan
Observer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poland
Age: 27
Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by y063banana71 View Post
So if it isnt her element I wonder what her real element was.
I guess possibly a spoon and a fork
__________________
AceMan is offline  
Old 2007-03-15, 18:52   Link #10
Fukiri
Lazy ass
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Anywhere where there is food and a warm bed.
Send a message via MSN to Fukiri
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
I guess possibly a spoon and a fork
Touché! XD I think that her element would still be a sword, I assume it's the weapon which she's more skilled with. And yes, maybe Miroku was her child but it's still a little strange that Mikoto never used it before joining OL and besides when Mai asked her if it was her child she said: "It's the power I got from Ani-ue, Lord Kokuyo". But if they say it's her child then I guess it's true (still Sunrise isn't exactly the honesty in "person", they also said that Ami Koshimizu wasn't going to work on MO Zwei but, hey! She's back! Sunrise loves to play pranks on the fans...). As for the sword, I guess it will be one of the mysteries Mai Hime left unsolved... I still which for a sequel though I think that won't happen. *sighs* Oh well...
Fukiri is offline  
Old 2007-03-15, 19:57   Link #11
solarknight123
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
I think that even though she is a hime, she was meant to serve and protect the OL so her powers worked a bit differently like her sword aways staying materialized and receving her child when her brother became fully possesed by the OL.
solarknight123 is offline  
Old 2007-03-16, 00:16   Link #12
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alaska
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Well, it was obvious from flashback that she was trained from an extreme young age to serve and protect the OL as well as form a strong bond towards her Ani-ue, being that she was supposed the planned HiME that would be the OL's partner.

As for the child, it's possible that her Ani-ue used the power of the OL to call upon the Miroku orphan so that it would become Mikoto's child.

The sword is another story. I speculate that the sword is linked to her and her child. It's possible that it's her element, considering that she called it her element when she was explaining things to Mai. Now, since she seemed to have been trained at an extremely young age, it's possible that she materialized her element at a young age, but it was manipulated with the bonding with her child and more than likely the OL's power. This could explain why she can call upon it, but it doesn't dematerialize.
__________________
"Even in a crowd, I was always alone." - Ernest Hemmingway
"God asks no man whether he will accept life. That is not the choice. You must take it. The only choice is how." - Henry Ward Beecher
Friend: "Evidence that you guys are made of epic win." Me: "That wasn't my goal. My goal is chaos, fear and...eggs."
Phantom-Takaya is offline  
Old 2007-03-16, 20:52   Link #13
Fukiri
Lazy ass
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Anywhere where there is food and a warm bed.
Send a message via MSN to Fukiri
Yeah, maybe you are right. That makes sense.... Never thought about it. ^_^ Still that doesn't explain why Miroku is listed as a weapon and not as an element... ~_~ Sunrise is a pro giving fans headache.
Fukiri is offline  
Old 2007-03-19, 18:58   Link #14
M.I.P.
May contain nuts.
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
Well, it was obvious from flashback that she was trained from an extreme young age to serve and protect the OL as well as form a strong bond towards her Ani-ue, being that she was supposed the planned HiME that would be the OL's partner.
I don't think she was his planned partner. It seems he had his eye on Mai from the get go and Mikoto was simply a bodyguard/back up plan. If Mikoto was his intended he wouldn't have had her sacrifice her life if Mai accepted his offer nor would he have ever made the offer to her in the 1st place.
__________________
M.I.P. is offline  
Old 2007-03-23, 22:34   Link #15
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alaska
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.I.P. View Post
I don't think she was his planned partner. It seems he had his eye on Mai from the get go and Mikoto was simply a bodyguard/back up plan. If Mikoto was his intended he wouldn't have had her sacrifice her life if Mai accepted his offer nor would he have ever made the offer to her in the 1st place.
It seemed that way, but they never really clarified. As far as I could tell, it seems Mikoto was originally the planned partner, but as time progressed and Mai came to possess Katsugi as well as start to display strong abilities, she became the OL's likelier preference with Mikoto ending up as back-up. There's also the fact that Mai seemed to be easily swayed by using the people that matters to her as bait. That's what I got out of it, anyways.
__________________
"Even in a crowd, I was always alone." - Ernest Hemmingway
"God asks no man whether he will accept life. That is not the choice. You must take it. The only choice is how." - Henry Ward Beecher
Friend: "Evidence that you guys are made of epic win." Me: "That wasn't my goal. My goal is chaos, fear and...eggs."
Phantom-Takaya is offline  
Old 2007-04-15, 08:54   Link #16
Sefveron
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
In Mikoto's case wasnt she raised to serve Kokuyou? and to add something else wasnt the sword in Kagutsuchi's jaw linked to Miroku?
Sefveron is offline  
Old 2007-04-15, 16:22   Link #17
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefveron View Post
In Mikoto's case wasnt she raised to serve Kokuyou? and to add something else wasnt the sword in Kagutsuchi's jaw linked to Miroku?
id say no, that sword in kagu is a power limiter OL added after previous cycle. miroku, the child jumped in front of the full blast cause OL activated him to attempt to stop the blast directed at himself
__________________
X207 is offline  
Old 2007-04-15, 20:36   Link #18
Sefveron
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
You can call it a power limiter if you want but its more of a restrainer since Kagutsuchi was still incredibly powerful And the point is that OL can alter Childs so why not alter Elements like Mikoto's sword?

If you think about it Mikoto didnt have a MIP, OL didnt care if she was defeated by Mai so it rules out Mai and Him so she wouldnt have been able to have a child because there was no MIP and hence why she was given an element and child instead.

Yeah i think ill say thats the most likely answer.
Sefveron is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:06.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.