AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-15, 16:42   Link #1
raptured

Need really good suggestions!

My standards have become high now, because i've read so many good ones....that I can't find any that match up or do better.

I need a high school setting, or any other, with romance, and another genre, anything...but don't let it be toooo gory, or with too much nudity.
Something with fantasy would be great...haven't read that genre in a long time...

Tell me if the manga version or the anime version is better.
And please suggest lots of manga's! I really want to read something, but if it's really good in the anime version...then tell me that.

The standards i'm going by: Ouran High School Host Club, Hana Yori Dango, Fruits Bakset, Mars, Fushigi Yuugi, Shakugan no Shana, Fate / Stay NIght, Escaflowne, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Cardcaptor Sakura, Flame of Recca, Mai Hime, Eternal Sabbath, Hot Blooded Woman, Perfect Girl Evolution, Pretty Face, Basara, A thousand years of snow, Aishiteruze Baby, Angelic Layer, Atashi wa Bambi, Arcana Soul, Ultra Maniac, Full Moon wo Sagashite, and more...

Thanks!!!

P.S: Something with beautiful people would be cool.

ALSO: Is Chrno Crusade better in manga version or anime? And does it have some romance?

Last edited by raptured; 2007-01-16 at 17:50.
Old 2007-04-15, 10:32   Link #2
shuto zaido

you said you need high school setting,romance,not to much nudity,many beautiful people, right? so i will recommend you this:

Suzuka

This manga is about:
Yamato Akitsuki travels to Tokyo alone to study in one of the high schools located within the area. He lives in with his aunt who operates a public bath solely for the ladies in the local district and begins his normal high-school life. One day, he chances upon a girl in school and is immediately mesmerised by her beauty. He is shocked when he realise later that the girl, Suzuka, is actually living next door to him. From then on, Yamato's ordinary life begins to change little by little.

The manga goes on further (still on going now) than the anime.
May be they'll make a 2nd season for the anime.
there's a little nudity in the beginning of the anime and manga

Hope this suggestion can help you
Old 2007-04-15, 14:56   Link #3
shiro83

Nodame Cantabile (music school setting, romance, music, no gory blood, no nudity as far as I know, beautiful people? Hmmm...)

http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...anime&aid=4691

I haven't seen the manga version though.
Old 2007-04-16, 04:28   Link #4
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptured View Post
ALSO: Is Chrno Crusade better in manga version or anime? And does it have some romance?
I loved the anime but hear the manga is better. However, then you'd miss out on a Hikaru Nanase soundtrack.

Your list is missing Scrapped Princess which is ... let's call it, fantasy-ish? Feels a little like Escaflowne. And is utterly superb. Also, I can suggest Full Metal Panic, which takes place at a high school and has comedy / romance. And action. Neither are particularly gory or have much nudity; both have a little blood, but neither is "dirty", if you know what I mean. That is to say, on a spectrum of Card Captor Sakura to Fate/Stay Night, they're about in the middle with Mai Hime, but with less fanservice.

Zero no Tsukaima has the same voice actors as Shakugan no Shana, but it is brighter with more romance and less blood. And it takes place in a magic school. So, hey, it's fantasy!

Gakuen Alice - it is set in an elementary school... but if you loved Card Captor Sakura as much as I did, you should love this, too. It is subbed up to episode 22 right now and still in progress.

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi is set in a high school, and is a comedy/romance, and was by far the most popular series of 2006. How have you not seen it?

High school romance/dramas that are considered very good: Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Air, Kanon 2006. These are more pure (being based on dating sim-type games), with for the most part no sci-fi, no fighting, no spellcasting, no demons, etc.

Everything I mentioned I would categorize as 'excellent' or better.
Closed Thread