AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 153 70.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 13.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 5.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 4.61%
Voters: 217. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-10, 21:12   Link #161
Guido

Thumbs up Silence

Need to guard a minute of silence. On drama, visuals, and characterizations this episode transformed itself into an artwork masterpiece of magnificient cinematographic qualities.

The black, white, and red hues of shades give it a somber, ethereal, and surreal texture to the environment. Coupled with the ominous Christian soundtracks, it became a symbolic epitome of a devil outsmarting the saints.

Misa was at the peak of her Gothic beautiness, and her song as she was carrying on with the killings made the experience spooky.

Spoiler:

To the memory of L.
Spoiler:

The story calls for development on the plot, but still the performances by the characters outdone the episode. An absolute 10. The first act has finished, but Light should not cry victory too son, there it still not over yet.

And pretty ironic that he claims not to be a liar upon L, given that he has had scheme and plot under his father's nose in order to become the God of his ideal world.
Old 2007-04-11, 06:41   Link #162
midori93suiseseki

*L is British, right? All the bells and stain glasses makes him British! The Raito L part... it's from the Bible, right? In the stairs, wiping Jesus' feet... I'm not familiar with the Bible so can someone expalin it to me?*
Old 2007-04-11, 09:16   Link #163
Yhamm

Send a message via ICQ to Yhamm Send a message via MSN to Yhamm
Hmm, there is 1 thing I didn't really get.
Misa made the eye trade with ryuuk, right?

So, why did light force Rem to kill L by asking Misa to kill some guys when he could just ask her to look at L's real name?
or was it just to get rid of Rem at the same time?

anyway, great episode!
The music was so intense and moving
I especially loved the scene on the roof when L said "Have you ever spoken a word of truth since you were born" and the long silence after that... L was so sure that Kira was light... I feel really sad for him
the fight was so unfair :/ Misa+Light+Rem, all against L :x

ah well, anime should just stop it, I really don't want to see Light for 11 more episodes now :[
Old 2007-04-11, 11:31   Link #164
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Perfect 10. I had been busy with other stuff, and only this week sat down to catch up on the series(powered through 24 episodes in 3 work days). Absolute perfect episode. I don't know how the rest of the series can stack up at this point.

The match between L and Light was often the highlight of the series. Having said that, I was rooting for Light.
Old 2007-04-11, 11:47   Link #165
Sendoh718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yhamm View Post
Hmm, there is 1 thing I didn't really get.
Misa made the eye trade with ryuuk, right?

So, why did light force Rem to kill L by asking Misa to kill some guys when he could just ask her to look at L's real name?
or was it just to get rid of Rem at the same time?
he wants to get rid of Rem too, Rem is a threat to him. also L is very cautious of Misa, if Light tries too hard to get them to meet again, that would backfire on him.

Quote:
ah well, anime should just stop it, I really don't want to see Light for 11 more episodes now :[
you could stop watching
Old 2007-04-12, 14:14   Link #166
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Well.. you've seen him for 25 episodes now, what difference does it make? :3
Old 2007-04-13, 13:24   Link #167
Dop
We can't stop here...

OK, so I'd made the mistake of spoiling myself by reading the manga, so I knew what was coming, however I think how they handled it in the anime was quite superb. A real sense of foreboding through the episode.

The feet thing: 57 yaoi doujinshi writers punched the air.

Seriously, I'm glad I'm not the only person who spotted the biblical metaphor going on there.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-13, 17:59   Link #168
zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasdern View Post
It has already been spoiled but I'll still use the tags.

Spoiler:
And a question..
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-13, 23:40   Link #169
Saber Cherry
Marionette

I liked Light in the beginning, but started to dislike him when he started murdering police. Killing the utterly likable fiancé was the turning point, after which I began to detest him. Now, the transition is complete, and he is a horrible monster - a loathsome abomination. Bonus 'hate' points for killing Rem and being mean to MisaMisa. Though I admit, Rem was pretty damn dumb; he should've killed Light.

Light is not a monster like Johann, because at least he has some sort of altruistic motive; and he is not wanton. Regardless, when he senses the slightest possible advantage from it, he is every bit as cruel as Johann, and enjoys it even more.
Old 2007-04-14, 04:43   Link #170
Alucard24

I got a stupid theroy (note that I'm not a manga reader)

In fact, L is a robot (or a clone) and everything he see is immediately sent to the HQ somewhere in London (wich mean they saw Light expression).

And later, L with a new body will come back and say "Hi Light-kun, I arrest you as Kira"

What do you think ?
Old 2007-04-14, 05:04   Link #171
Saber Cherry
Marionette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard24 View Post
I got a stupid theroy (note that I'm not a manga reader)

In fact, L is a robot (or a clone) and everything he see is immediately sent to the HQ somewhere in London (wich mean they saw Light expression).

And later, L with a new body will come back and say "Hi Light-kun, I arrest you as Kira"

What do you think ?
I think that's wrong. Both L and Watari were death-sentence criminals all along, being controlled by Ryuk in a plot to use Light to kill Rem!
Old 2007-04-15, 04:03   Link #172
Pandalax

Best episode of the series. This series continues to play with your emotions by fully understanding what your brain thinks and feel. The atmosphere in this episode was so tense, yet, it is supposed to be the anti-climax of the arc. It's like they are trying to make a contradicting effect and it works perfectly.
Old 2007-04-15, 04:08   Link #173
rem

All I can say is

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-15, 05:33   Link #174
Switizle

Gosh, I dont understand what kind of mood it was throughout the hole eppisode.. I've never experienced a mood \ feeling like this before, especially at the part where hes drying lights feet... And at the part in the rain...
Spoiler for Deathnote:
Can anybody explain these moods \ feelings to me?
Old 2007-04-15, 14:46   Link #175
shiro83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switizle View Post
Gosh, I dont understand what kind of mood it was throughout the hole eppisode.. I've never experienced a mood \ feeling like this before, especially at the part where hes drying lights feet... And at the part in the rain...
Spoiler for Deathnote:
Can anybody explain these moods \ feelings to me?
Maybe it is a premonition that something terrible is about to happen.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-16, 03:43   Link #176
toru310

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-16, 14:38   Link #177
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

something that was a doubt from the beginning was put to an end in this episode.

Raito > L.

so far, all his plans went exactly like he planned. the guy is master.
Old 2007-04-16, 14:46   Link #178
Pandalax

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirs View Post
something that was a doubt from the beginning was put to an end in this episode.

Raito > L.

so far, all his plans went exactly like he planned. the guy is master.
I think it's more like Death Gods > L. Throughout the series, you can see that L is clearly smarter than Raito. Without the help of the Death Gods, it would be almost impossible for Raito to kill L.
Old 2007-04-16, 16:14   Link #179
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandalax View Post
I think it's more like Death Gods > L. Throughout the series, you can see that L is clearly smarter than Raito. Without the help of the Death Gods, it would be almost impossible for Raito to kill L.
well.. since both shinigamis are Raito helpers, we can't say that it was a fair fight, heh. it was meant to be. if L outsmarted Raito PLUS the shinigamis, then he'd be a God, or something.
Old 2007-04-16, 16:59   Link #180
Druix
Kira's Faithful Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittie Rose View Post
Again, what if L didn't have a real name, and the name above his head randomly floated between any number of aliases? He already seemed to be able to predict his death, so I don't see how farfetched it is that he might have an idea of around when he might die. Remember, he fell AFTER Watari did.
The only circumstances under which a human is free from the Death Note is if their name is accidentally misspelled four times. Since Light never knew L's name, he obviously never tried to write it, so L was not free from the Note. Another of the Note's Rules is that if you use the Shinigami eyes (and I am assuming that this means it also applies to Shinigami, since it's their eyes, anyway) you will see the name required to kill that person. Which means it wouldn't have changed between different aliases, it would have shown whatever name would be needed to kill him. Go ahead, go through all the rules of the Death Note, I doubt you'll find any loopholes. L is dead. Sad, even for me, and I'm super-pro-Kira, but it's true.
Closed Thread