AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-17, 02:48   Link #1221
Question
Crossdresser

Im just posting 4chan shops.
Old 2007-04-17, 02:50   Link #1222
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Yeah I know.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-17 at 02:50. Reason: That's gotta be the shortest post I've ever typed. A new record.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 02:51   Link #1223
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
There is a strange amount of win about this one...

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 03:02   Link #1224
godraziert

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
Woah, someone sure had good imagination there . . .
godraziert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 03:08   Link #1225
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
You know what, this actually kind of works with Michael Jacksons fidgeting style of dance. First actually clever thing I've seen done with the entirety of the series regarding fan activity. This is what meme's are made of. They have to connect some thoughts for them to take off, they can't just be some random spamming of pictures 2chan style or its boring.
Old 2007-04-17, 03:10   Link #1226
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Those would be more useful if you'd thumbnail the images at Imageshack so people could grab the originals if they wanted them.

@random_passerby:
The Jackson "Lucky Star" clip is pretty entertaining actually... it needs a bit frame syncing in a couple of spots but the Jackson style of dancing works well (probably could make a pretty fair one of his sister Janet as well).
Old 2007-04-17, 03:12   Link #1227
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Win. 'Nuff said.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 03:17   Link #1228
tritoch

Talk about post count O,o two episodes in and we have almost 70 pages of talking
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 03:20   Link #1229
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Never got that whole "Win" idea. If something wins doesn't that mean all other instances of that thing lose. If something wins that means there also needs to be a competition, but is there really a competition? Who lost then? Does that mean all the other things that won before with Lucky Star now lose? Hmmmmmm..... these thoughts have been brought to you by the confused philosopher. (That's me by the way).

@Tritoch: I think the mere mentioning of that fact may have contributed well over a 50 posts to the thread so far. It's because its the latest Kyoto Animation series. It's like when the latest Square Enix game comes out and there's over 100 pages on Gamefaqs with posts happening roughly 20 times every second.
Old 2007-04-17, 03:23   Link #1230
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

When I use it, there's a certain sense of irony ... much like when I award people multiple "Intarwebs" for some event.

I suppose you could think of something having "win" as being one element of a group of things needed for the "life win" --- or we could say its just a silly way of saying "... and it was good."
Old 2007-04-17, 03:27   Link #1231
mugener

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Looking at Oricon sales figures, the number of units sold per volume tends to be ridiculously low (maybe 1000-5000 copies on average? Otaku-centered anime fares considerably better than the typical series, so that's probably one reason why we've seen so many of them lately.
Can you give me some hint how to view the Oricon sales copies number?

I can only see the sales TOP 20 rank on their site, but not their copies number.

How can I find it?
mugener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 03:28   Link #1232
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Never got that whole "Win" idea. If something wins doesn't that mean all other instances of that thing lose. If something wins that means there also needs to be a competition, but is there really a competition? Who lost then? Does that mean all the other things that won before with Lucky Star now lose? Hmmmmmm..... these thoughts have been brought to you by the confused philosopher. (That's me by the way).
Damn man, you bringin' us to philosophy 101 or somethin'?

The competition can be considered the contest for notoriety on the many internets, if one wants to think about it in that sense. The person(s) who "lost" would be the person(s) whose notoriety was usurped, but the status of "lose" can be determined by either failing to impress the harsh critics of said "lose" material, or relative failure compared to an object with status of "win".

Of course, most things are subjective in nature, but once an absolute element is introduced (i.e.: general consensus of an object possessing qualities of WIN), everything becomes relative.

My mere 2 cents.

Old 2007-04-17, 03:30   Link #1233
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
When I use it, there's a certain sense of irony ... much like when I award people multiple "Intarwebs" for some event.

I suppose you could think of something having "win" as being one element of a group of things needed for the "life win" --- or we could say its just a silly way of saying "... and it was good."
I'm just a bit of an English Nazi so to speak. I know the way the internet works unfortunately. I actually read that researchers are actually looking for a way to scrap the current network as it exists and start the whole thing over as its just gotten out of control. I don't know if I'm for or against that idea as there's as much to lose as their is to gain.

Just so this is on topic, somebody asked a while back who peoples favourite characters were and I think for me its a tie between Konata and Miyuki. Konata reminds me of just how much time I waste and Miyuki is a hilarious parody of moe. Even her conversations make no sense and are just her being cutesy and her uselessness has been noted by almost every character as of episode 1. Also the idea that cutting oneself, falling to the ground and running into street signs is a contribution to the evolution of society as sarcastically mentioned by Konata was pretty much the highlight of episode 1. Everything else the other characters did was kind of boring. If you took Konata or Miyuki out I don't think this series could work, but you could probably remove one or two other characters without having to much of an impact on the series.

Yo Random Passerby Slow Down: The internet is too fickle though and nothing will ever remain a winner for long.
Old 2007-04-17, 03:38   Link #1234
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

@Kaioshin_Sama:

Indeed the internet is a fickle thing, but I'd disagree with how win status can be permanently lost.

Anyway to get back on topic, I have a question regarding the existence of any plot or character related development in this series for those who've read the 4koma's. Well, is there?

Old 2007-04-17, 03:41   Link #1235
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
@Kaioshin_Sama:

Indeed the internet is a fickle thing, but I'd disagree with how win status can be permanently lost.

Anyway to get back on topic, I have a question regarding the existence of any plot or character related development in this series for those who've read the 4koma's. Well, is there?
I've never known one to have character development. Usually you get the general sense of what the characters are like, but everything pretty much resets at the end of each strip like a Garfield comic. There are multi-parted, but even then they kind of reset things at the end of each one. 4Koma isn't serial, its more like the saturday morning cartoons of old where they never got the bad guy, the good guys always won and they'd do it again next week with a new story.
Old 2007-04-17, 04:19   Link #1236
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

@Tritoch: I think the mere mentioning of that fact may have contributed well over a 50 posts to the thread so far. It's because its the latest Kyoto Animation series. It's like when the latest Square Enix game comes out and there's over 100 pages on Gamefaqs with posts happening roughly 20 times every second.
Kaio-chin, you just think too much sometimes.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 04:29   Link #1237
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

Old 2007-04-17, 05:08   Link #1238
herbert

Sorry if this already mentioned. I did the search but found nothing related.

Spoiler for ep2:

Edit:
Spoiler for ep2:

Last edited by herbert; 2007-04-17 at 05:48.
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 07:08   Link #1239
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
That is FTW!!! LOL

Also seeing the 2nd episode seems like the background students are being added with more detail though the color is stil blue LOL Hope the animation will improve in the future episodes also. More wacky parodies please!!! Kona-chan~~~!!!
Old 2007-04-17, 08:02   Link #1240
~Tsukuyomi
[- Caramelldansen Spam -]

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Sorry if this already mentioned. I did the search but found nothing related.

Spoiler for ep2:

Edit:
Spoiler for ep2:
Whoa... That's interesting... As for Konata being ambidextrous, could be all those video games she has been playing *controllers are meant for right handed people, I think*...
~Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen