AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 14 17.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 19.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 36.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 15.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-04-19, 00:58   Link #341
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
It revolves around the fact that no organization is entirely good. So far, as I have perceived, the TSAB seems to be the perfect good guys. They search for and seal Lost Logia, save people, etc etc. They seem way too perfect... and we all know that no organization can be this good.

So my idea is that Nanoha at some point finds out about the TSAB's "secret plan" (Secret Ambition, anyone?) related to gathering Lost Logia, and the AB wants to get rid of her. Because Nanoha is affiliated to Hayate's unit, they also try and eliminate it. Of course, Nanoha blames herself for it, and thus she looks sad. Or, another possibility could be that Hayate's unit is assigned to eliminate Nanoha, so Nanoha would be alone against everything. Nanoha vs Fate & Hayate... that would be quite exciting.

That's just a really quick summary of what I was thinking.
(Yeah, my imagination was working a bit too hard a couple weeks ago)
We really don't need another mecha reference, but for a good twist that's highly possible too, since the heroines appear to be dealing with the organisation as a whole this time round. Within a big bureaucracy even basic politicking would afflict how things go within the TSAB. I'm thinking that with Hayate's unit, there'd be even less funding for other units, and some commanders might consider the 6th force to be redundant, and you know what that translates to at the workplace. People are also naturally suspicious of concentrating power into a small group, and so the only thing that's keeping their mouth shut is probably the Aces' rep. Take it the standard anime way, and we still have power-hungry cliches, big-brother silencing operations, slugs in the hole, etc, etc, and the evil Curious (Cos)Play Hayate.

That's the reason why I'm a Nanoha fan; it has a lot of room for the frivolous anime world and at the same time the nitty-gritty overtures of the dreary lives we lead.
Old 2007-04-19, 01:21   Link #342
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
We really don't need another mecha reference, but for a good twist that's highly possible too, since the heroines appear to be dealing with the organisation as a whole this time round. Within a big bureaucracy even basic politicking would afflict how things go within the TSAB. I'm thinking that with Hayate's unit, there'd be even less funding for other units, and some commanders might consider the 6th force to be redundant, and you know what that translates to at the workplace. People are also naturally suspicious of concentrating power into a small group, and so the only thing that's keeping their mouth shut is probably the Aces' rep. Take it the standard anime way, and we still have power-hungry cliches, big-brother silencing operations, slugs in the hole, etc, etc, and the evil Curious (Cos)Play Hayate.

That's the reason why I'm a Nanoha fan; it has a lot of room for the frivolous anime world and at the same time the nitty-gritty overtures of the dreary lives we lead.
Indeed, the Nanoha universe has many, many possibilities... I love that too.

Whatever path the story takes I'm sure the producers will make it interesting, but I hope we get to see at least some of TSAB's dark sides. A perfect, pure good organization is just way too unrealistic, as well as a completely evil one. Well, Hayate already pointed out one of the AB's problems, and thus she wanted to make her own unit. However, that's not enough for me! lol

Yeah, I dont like the TSAB, and I just know they're up to something. (Where are they keeping all the retrieved Lost Logia anyway? Very suspicious... )
Erio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 01:53   Link #343
murklins

Quote:
I'm thinking that with Hayate's unit, there'd be even less funding for other units
So GIANT BED and everything was paid for by taxpayers? Hayate is the real demon of the Administration Bureau.
murklins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 02:06   Link #344
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Hayate doesn't really have to worry about those kind of problems.

She's got 3 well known, high-ranking leaders backing her up... Well 3 and 1 well respected former admiral.

So politically and financially, she's got it covered. Anybody would be hard-press trying to shut her down.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 02:08   Link #345
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Pretty sure TSAB destroys Lost Logia. If they didn't why would Chrono give that big speech about how hiding away the Book of Darkness wasn't enough, how no matter how closely it was guarded it could still be found and released?
Old 2007-04-19, 02:25   Link #346
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan View Post
Pretty sure TSAB destroys Lost Logia. If they didn't why would Chrono give that big speech about how hiding away the Book of Darkness wasn't enough, how no matter how closely it was guarded it could still be found and released?
I'm guessing that it's a case-by-case basis: seal if possible, destroy if necessary. However, we've only really seen two examples of Lost Logia so far, the Book of Darkness and the Jewel Seeds. I don't remember offhand what happened to the Jewel Seeds at the end of the first season, so all my speculation could be misplaced.
"That was actually quite thought-provoking. Does that violate the forum rules?"
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 02:28   Link #347
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by murklins View Post
So GIANT BED and everything was paid for by taxpayers? Hayate is the real demon of the Administration Bureau.
Yes there's no other way around it. Even with a multi-dimensional war chest drawn from a handful of administrated worlds, its still taxpayers money after all. And transmuting gold only screws inflation rates of ALL administrated worlds in the long term. I do hope the Aces had the brains to keep their mouth shut about the luxuries they have, for I noe from our world that's gonna be really really grating to the others, not to mention the scandals it'll kick up in the administrated worlds a la Singapore's NKF fiasco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hayate doesn't really have to worry about those kind of problems.

She's got 3 well known, high-ranking leaders backing her up... Well 3 and 1 well respected former admiral.

So politically and financially, she's got it covered. Anybody would be hard-press trying to shut her down.
All the more reason for further resentment of the Aces within TSAB from the lower downs that Hayate has to work with. Like they say in the Army, "no unit is an island, not even the elite."

For the sake of throwing some confusing NxF fanservice, Hayate has a potential crisis on her hands. Yuunoha FTW!

EDIT: Yes I HAD to say that. ^^

Last edited by Kha; 2007-04-19 at 02:30. Reason: Because I can
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 02:57   Link #348
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to octoberasian
Quote:
With all this talk about Nanoha losing her magical powers or even dying because she seems kinda lonely in the ending (and various other reasons), and now the talk about the TSAB, I remembered one of my StrikerS "what if" story guesses.

It revolves around the fact that no organization is entirely good. So far, as I have perceived, the TSAB seems to be the perfect good guys. They search for and seal Lost Logia, save people, etc etc. They seem way too perfect... and we all know that no organization can be this good.

So my idea is that Nanoha at some point finds out about the TSAB's "secret plan" (Secret Ambition, anyone?) related to gathering Lost Logia, and the AB wants to get rid of her. Because Nanoha is affiliated to Hayate's unit, they also try and eliminate it. Of course, Nanoha blames herself for it, and thus she looks sad. Or, another possibility could be that Hayate's unit is assigned to eliminate Nanoha, so Nanoha would be alone against everything. Nanoha vs Fate & Hayate... that would be quite exciting.

That's just a really quick summary of what I was thinking.
(Yeah, my imagination was working a bit too hard a couple weeks ago)

Still, I prefer this guess better than the ones involving Nanoha losing her magical powers or dying. Of course, at that time I had not even watched episode 1, so I didnt know about any of the Nanoha health issues everyone is concerned about.

Anyway, just an idea.
That's an interesting idea, and could be plausible.

As one said above, no organization is perfect and it would be too unrealistic. It also got me to thinking: Why do they want to collect the Lost Logia anyway?

Fate and Hayate's report to the higher ups suggests it's powerful enough to destroy a planet. So, removing these Lost Logia would prevent such things, but where does TSAB put them?

It does make me suspicious now...
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 03:04   Link #349
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Well, if wiki is to be believed...

Quote:
...the Time-Space Administration Bureau (TSAB) is charged with their recovery and supervision...
But personally, I'm with dkellis on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
seal if possible, destroy if necessary
@Kha
Lets put it this way then, the fact that Subaru doesn't know about Lost Logia hints that the Logias are probably not general knowledge for most people.

Hence there should be no reason why they would announce this unit for the whole world.

So you don't have to worry about a repeat NKF scenario again.

Btw the way, there's always resentments, look at the reaction to Subaru and Teana's results in the manga.

Quote:

For the sake of throwing some confusing NxF fanservice, Hayate has a potential crisis on her hands. Yuunoha FTW!

EDIT: Yes I HAD to say that. ^^
I don't get the joke
Old 2007-04-19, 03:11   Link #350
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post
That's an interesting idea, and could be plausible.

As one said above, no organization is perfect and it would be too unrealistic. It also got me to thinking: Why do they want to collect the Lost Logia anyway?

Fate and Hayate's report to the higher ups suggests it's powerful enough to destroy a planet. So, removing these Lost Logia would prevent such things, but where does TSAB put them?

It does make me suspicious now...
EDIT:

And the best-seller for this month is...

"FIGHTING PARANOIA: What's really hiding under the bed?"

Chapter 3: Death Signs and Conspiracy Theories of Multi-dimensional Organizations

edit: (btw, Chapter 2 is "The REAL puberty age of boys and Sexual Preference of Young Attractive Females")

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-04-19 at 04:20.
Old 2007-04-19, 03:17   Link #351
Aaron008R

Quote:
And the theme for this month is...

"PARANOIA: What's really hiding under the bed?"

It depends on which bed you are talking about. Are you referring to the Nanoha and Fate's GIGANTINORMOUS bed? If that is the case then I can think of a number of possible life forms hiding under that bed, some of them sentient.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 03:19   Link #352
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
It depends on which bed you are talking about. Are you referring to the Nanoha and Fate's GIGANTINORMOUS bed? If that is the case then I can think of a number of possible life forms hiding under that bed, some of them sentient.

Eheh, sorry about that, I decided to make it funnier and had edited my last post

(That was before I've read yours...)
Old 2007-04-19, 03:23   Link #353
Aaron008R

Quote:
Eheh, sorry about that, I've decided against it and had edited my last post
Ah well, can't be helped. Now that I think about it, they couldn't really let anything living under such a ten-star hotel class bed. It undermines good service.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 05:42   Link #354
Skane
Anime Snark

Wink

About that preview of Ep04...

[What If...]

[[When You're The Only Guy...]]

Panel 1:
(the four cadets are gathered in a room)

Teana: "Ah crap. The schedule says we have to fight against Nanoha in tomorrow's training."
Subaru: "What?! Who's going to take point against her? I don't want to!"

(Erio and Caro are blinking blissfully in the background)

Panel 2:
Teana (standing up dramatically with one hand raised holding sticks): "We'll decide on the point guard fair and square! Whoever draws the red stick is the point guard!"

(the other three clapping in admiration in the background)

Panel 3:
Teana: "Okay Erio, let's see yours firs- Ah, you got the red one."
Erio: "Eh?!?!"
Subaru&Caro: "Do your best, Erio!"

Panel 4:
Teana (smiling wickedly to herself): "Actually, all the sticks were red in the first place."

(Subaru and Caro smiling guiltily in the background while Erio is being catatonic)
~~~~ ~~~~

Ending Line: An Alliance Between Girls Has Formed.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-19, 06:40   Link #355
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
About that preview of Ep04...

[What If...]

[[When You're The Only Guy...]]

Panel 1:
(the four cadets are gathered in a room)

Teana: "Ah crap. The schedule says we have to fight against Nanoha in tomorrow's training."
Subaru: "What?! Who's going to take point against her? I don't want to!"

(Erio and Caro are blinking blissfully in the background)

Panel 2:
Teana (standing up dramatically with one hand raised holding sticks): "We'll decide on the point guard fair and square! Whoever draws the red stick is the point guard!"

(the other three clapping in admiration in the background)

Panel 3:
Teana: "Okay Erio, let's see yours firs- Ah, you got the red one."
Erio: "Eh?!?!"
Subaru&Caro: "Do your best, Erio!"

Panel 4:
Teana (smiling wickedly to herself): "Actually, all the sticks were red in the first place."

(Subaru and Caro smiling guiltily in the background while Erio is being catatonic)
~~~~ ~~~~

Ending Line: An Alliance Between Girls Has Formed.

Cheers.

No fair! I called it first!

Spoiler:

But in any case... Continuing from yours...

[What If...]

[The good in the bad...]

Panel 1:
Chrono (surprised): What? With Nanoha?!
Erio (depress): Yeah... I sort of drew the wrong stick, and now I have to fight Nanoha-san...

Panel 2:
Erio (desperate): You got to help me!
Chrono: Sigh... There's really no way for you come out of this unharmed... But there's nothing you should be worry about either...

Panel 3:
Erio: WHAT?! Really?! Why?
Chrono (grinning): Well, you see...

Panel 4:

(Erio's on the ground, surrounded by the girls...)

Carol (concerned) : Erio-kun, where does it hurt...?
Subaru (shining eyes): That was so brave of you!
Teana (embarrassed): W-Well... You were kinda cool...

Erio(thinking): I should do this more often...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ending Line: Always look on the bright-side of life
Old 2007-04-19, 08:40   Link #356
Erio
Hiromi

lol @ Skane & Chaos2Frozen

Poor Chrono is being dragged into the series like it or not, again.

BTW, I was just thinking, Erio and Caro already have their "final" weapons (for now at least), and Subaru and Teana are getting their upgrades sooner or later, yet, right now, they all seem to be pretty equal. Shouldnt Erio and Caro have quite a power advantage over the others? When Subaru and Teana get upgrades, they will definitely get a lot stronger.
Well, Erio did destroy a bridge, and Caro took out three drones, so maybe they do have the advantage over Subaru and Teana.
Erio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 08:46   Link #357
JediNight
キズランダム

I'm not sure if Caro really took them out per se. She was able to *immobilize* them, and we don't see what happened after that. Her dragon's fire was bouncing off of them before, but maybe by binding them, the field was dispelled?

And Subaru is at a major disadvantage until she learns how to fly, since she has to melee them, and cannot use her Wing Road to get close to them.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 09:09   Link #358
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
lol @ Skane & Chaos2Frozen

Poor Chrono is being dragged into the series like it or not, again.
Heheheh , that was my bad

Quote:
BTW, I was just thinking, Erio and Caro already have their "final" weapons (for now at least), and Subaru and Teana are getting their upgrades sooner or later, yet, right now, they all seem to be pretty equal. Shouldnt Erio and Caro have quite a power advantage over the others? When Subaru and Teana get upgrades, they will definitely get a lot stronger.
Well, Erio did destroy a bridge, and Caro took out three drones, so maybe they do have the advantage over Subaru and Teana.
Actually, I'm not quite sure what sort of improvement Subaru's going to get, her Revolve Knuckles is from her mom, so it's not like it's a rookie's weapon.

The only real 'upgrade' I see her getting is the left hand from Ginga if ever, since they revealed Ginga's mage rank, that means they intend to have her in combat.

If Erio is really trained by Fate (and perhaps Chrono too), that would explain him having an edge over the others... But too bad he didn't pull off anything flashy this time around.

...Btw, why did Fate choose Carol anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
And Subaru is at a major disadvantage until she learns how to fly, since she has to melee them, and cannot use her Wing Road to get close to them.

It's not that hard to get up close to them with her blades... Sure she'll have to pull some fancy moves, but I think that was part of the plan they had for her
Old 2007-04-19, 09:31   Link #359
Estavali
絶対・慢心・ダメ・にゃのです!

Perhaps her mobility problems (and more) will be resolved by introducing Mach Calibre?

IIRC Fate chose Eriol and Carol to be in her team so that she can watch over them personally. Think a mother hen watching protectively over her little hatchlings .
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 09:37   Link #360
JediNight
キズランダム

Chaos: But if you can fly, you could cut across an entire block diagonally to cut them off. Whereas she has to just hope she can move quicker than them while following... And if they hover too high, then she's kinda boned...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote