AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-17, 03:57   Link #21
jedinat
フリーター

So which is it, Captian Herlock or Harlock? "Herlock" seems to be the official spelling, but it is pronounced "Harlock". More google matches come up for "Harlock" and yet whenever both spellings are mentioned "Harlock" is the one in parenthesis (ex: Herlock (Harlock)).

Perhaps it doesn't even matter...?
Old 2006-06-17, 04:45   Link #22
Zappster

I'm pretty sure it's Harlock.
Old 2006-06-17, 06:16   Link #23
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster
I'm pretty sure it's Harlock.
hmmm.....

Someone shoot me. Seriously.
Old 2006-06-17, 06:56   Link #24
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I think that for the most part, Harlock's more accepted than Herlock.
Old 2006-06-17, 07:56   Link #25
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

if u want to be bad, u say herlock. if u want to be otakuish u say harlock. that clear it up for you?
Old 2006-06-17, 14:27   Link #26
jedinat
フリーター

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
if u want to be bad, u say herlock. if u want to be otakuish u say harlock. that clear it up for you?
No, actually you've added a whole new level of confusion.

Anyways... Guu is pretty badass isn't she? She's got the alpha male of the village calling her "Guu-sama" and shaking in fear. She can even transform. Godzilla-guu, shadow-monster-thing-guu, beautiful-pro-wrestler-guu... etc.
Old 2006-06-17, 22:11   Link #27
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Here a Few

Berserk: just dont expect a good ending lol...Make you made but the main character is nothing short of a badass

GTO(Great Teacher Onizuka). This I am recommending since its probably one of the best ones out there. The Teacher (onizuka) is a badass but it has a lot of drama too. Nothing sad or anything. Just hes a crazy teacher trying to straight up a class who hates him. The best Idea is give the first episode of try and that is basically what your in for.
Old 2006-06-18, 00:02   Link #28
tritoch

heh heh heh

Cromartie High School.

Old 2006-06-18, 02:12   Link #29
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Morita Shinobu of Honey and Clover = BADASS. XD
Old 2006-06-18, 02:47   Link #30
wao
OK.

ZMOG NO!!! I have first dibs on mentioning my pet fangirl series: Noein and Ayakashi (EPISODES 9 TO 11.)

Noein may seem to have a generic premise at first; a group of 12 year olds and some mysterious cloaky superpower dudes from the future who show that one of the kids has got the Dragon's Torque which lets her do lots of things with time... But it's presented very unusually - there's a lot of effort put into this and it's very unusual in how it shows its animation and teh story, because they're quite concerned with details. Especially if one of those cloaky superpower dudes happens to be the alternate-timespace future version of one of the 12 year olds. BTW his name is Karasu and he's one of the badasses in the show - he does wonderful evil laughter and he fights awesomely with these whippy thingies coming out. You should see how he pwns the Evil Dude's Nasty Minions which look strangely like Buddha statues.

There's also other badasses like the totally crackpot Atori who, is, well, crackpot. He grows these mean looking thingies from his back and they send out powerful energy attacks... and he sometimes goes around on all fours even.

You just need to watch the avant-title (the sequence before the show they title, not the OP) in the first episode and I swear you'll have to find at least something awesome about it if you like action.

However, it's licensed by Media Blasters and the DVD hasn't cmoe out, so I suggest you be a little innovative. There are certain sites with short clips that play in a Flash player and if you look no it you can find one with just that pre-OP sequence. Do go look for it.

The other one (which I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned, either that or I'm blind) is Ayakashi ~Classical Japanese Horror~...

...the last 3 episodes. (9 to 11)

The show is split up into 3 entirely separate stories made by different teams and it's the 3rd story, Bakeneko, which should be of interest to you. It fits your request more than Noein does - a badass hero allright, and there is some really awesome transformation stuff later on too. It's got a very interesting art style and has lots of patterns/textures. The story is tight, short and sweet and the 3rd episode has got absolutely stellar animation.

It isn't licensed so I suggest you go watch it. NOW. GRR. I'll leave it to you to find out what it's about because... its a grand total of 3 episodes! (Despite that a lot happens, but anyway, I'd be spoiling too much of the fun!)
Old 2006-06-18, 03:14   Link #31
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO!

MEDICINE SELLER FTW. I second Ayakashi!
Old 2006-06-18, 03:53   Link #32
uzumaki

Berserk! Gutts is your typical ME BIG MAN WITH BIG SWORD SLASH ENEMY UP HAHAHAH!--kinda guy
But the anime ends before the manga is over and the manga is still running today (31 vols--I'm starting to think that the author is a dirty greedy fraud)
Old 2006-06-21, 09:16   Link #33
Nathan Scott Phillop
gods brother

i would definetly recommend S-Cry-Ed. a lot of action, fighting, and yelling.
it's only about 26 episodes and the last 2 r kinda disapointing but i would highly recommend it.
Old 2006-06-21, 10:04   Link #34
yamikage

This thread makes me cry for lack of Fist of the North Star. Kenshiro is the embodiment of manly badass.
"You're already dead!"
You can't get anymore badass than that.
Old 2006-06-21, 14:31   Link #35
LostBlue
祭囃子

If you want something short and don't mind an older series than take at look at the old school OVAs of ジョジョの奇妙の冒険 (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure). The newer OVAs is a prequel (I don't recommend unless you really love the series) but the Old School ones are damn good.

6 EPs

Since these Episodes just throw you into late into the story you might get confused.

Spoiler for Story Background - WARNING, it's long:

All in all, I do have to say out of all the manga/anime I’ve read/watched, Joutarou is an extreme badass.
Old 2006-06-21, 14:36   Link #36
gin-san
Outcast Freelancer...

For your hero anime suggestion request, I recommend (in no particular order)...

GUNxSWORD - Yoake no Van is your typical it-looks-like-I-don't-care-but-I-actually-do kind of character... that and he has a badass robot that falls from the sky in the form of a giant sword.

or...

Gintama - Okay, more to comedic than badass, but Gin-san is one helluva cool-looking swordsman... even if he does use just a bokken... that's even branded as "Lake Touya"...
Old 2007-04-19, 20:15   Link #37
kenshinobu

Send a message via Yahoo to kenshinobu
my top five:

5.onizuka eikichi is one bad mf... considering he tamed urumi and flew across an uncomplete bridge.... ) - (if you haven't watched this yet, please do. i agree it's one of the best ever animes- seemingly simple premise, lots of wtf comedy but lots of goddamn moments..there's also a guy there named wakui mayu who's badass as well).

4. spike/mugen- angsty people who just don't give a cr+p anymore haha. ftw. f you all...

3. zaraki kenpachi, juuichibantai taichou- grabbed tousen's sword. just cause he can. doesn't know his zanpakatou... who cares?

2. morita shinobu- cause he's talented and he knows it and he just toys around with everyone...except when it comes to kawaii chibi sama hagu-chan, then he becomes all joycean... wait are we talking about badasses?

1. battousai-i think he was responsible for more deaths than the plague or something..

ps.actually looking back on it, half of the people in rurouni are badasses- saito, sano, enishi (who can apparently break trees haha), even kaoru-ru when she's drunk on meiji era kirin can make people fly...
Old 2007-04-19, 22:16   Link #38
avmoghe

Nobody mentions Death Note? Easily the most bad-ass main character I've seen. He doesn't take s**t from anyone - not even supernatural chumps. Any of these other wimps mentioned killed as many cops as Kira? I doubt it... Hope he gets to punch his girlfriend like he wanted to...

Kira WILL prevail!!!!
Old 2007-04-20, 00:49   Link #39
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't normally like this stuff but the new series Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann might prove entertaining.... it certainly offers a take-no-shit hero and a kick-ass cannon-wielding lass.