AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-03-26, 05:07   Link #41
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Okay many parts here I'll start of with weapons and finishing with elemental chakra.

Like alot ofve people mentioned Naruto is the up close personal and in your face type ofve fighter. The only weapons he has used thus far are shiricans and kunais. Kunais we mostly used as throuwed weapons and shuricans the same but but what Naruto did best with them was to disquise kagebunshins are those weapons to try his enemies. So for him getting shuricand and kunais that he coudl project his wind elemental chakra into would be best in that he would be able to force the enemy to risk either: blocking the tools and have them penetrate their defence if they are infused with wind chakra or dodge them and risk takign a hit in the back from a disquised clone. Then he coudl also use a combo ofve booth. Basicly he woudl create a deadly guessing game with hsi adversary that would give him the possibilaty to get in close and engare in hand to hand combat.

Now about chakra elements:
Sasuke had lightnight and Fire. Right now he seems to be using lightning primaraly and it seem he developed him jutsu in that direction. He has fire jutsu also we saw before the time skip but he has yet to sue them again. Not to emntion that teh fire jutsu didnt seem all that effective in the pass.

Naruto has only recently developed Wind elemental chakra that is just teh perfect element to beat lighting with. But his skill at minipulating the element still needs to improve i think before he can realy beat the lightning at 100%. Also to counter Sasuke's fire element naruto would need to learn water manipulation. But Naruto him self he wouldnt do that because he "does not wnat to extingiush Sasuke's fire".

Element si week tot he one on its left and strogn againts teh one on its right. As far as we know for the moment. What about say wind vs earth or water? We dunno so for naw we can assume that they are neutral to each other.
Fire - Wind - Lightning - Earth - Water - back to fire
Old 2007-03-26, 05:47   Link #42
shikamaru_kun
Thunder King

The weapons I see Naruto using probably would not be chakra-based, but rather just brute force, for example...

- Brass Knuckles (Or Asuma's Trenchknives) should be enough to combat Kusanagi
- A Shield. It sounds stupid, but could prove to be a hilarious wtf moment when Sasuke pulls out his Kusanagi, only to have it blocked.
- The Giant Shuriken, seeing as it has proven to be a useful tool for Naruto (Zabuza fight) it would be interesting to see him use it as a sort of windmill based weapon. (Spinning to block attacks and throwing to attack)

But, if he were to get a chakra-based weapon, I would say someone could fix Kakashi's old chakra blade - the one during the Kakashi Gaiden.
Old 2007-03-26, 07:01   Link #43
shankss
CP10

-let him learn summon monkey god and use its staff form!!!
-Dual uzi (wtf?)
-Windified rasengan Launcher (wtfx2)
-chakra enchanted fist weapons..damnit someone teach that kid how to manipulate chakra in a blade like shape! like wolverine!

also if we think that sasuke now using a symbolic weapon which referres his old-sensei orochimaru...other specific weapons left will be:
-Monkey God Staff
-Yondaime Special Kunai with Teleportation Seal on it
-White Fang/Kakashi Chakra Blade
-Asuma fist weapons
-Samehada (wtfx3)
-Hidan's scythe (can be seriously cool..but no way it'll happen..colors dont match with naruto clothes)

i dont believe he!ll use some random common dull blades.Must be something special
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 09:40   Link #44
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
maybe jiraiya has a weapon that he will pass down to naruto. seing how jiraiya is a defensive kind of fighter it will be weapon used primaraly for defense.

I really want to see tetsaiga

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-26, 10:09   Link #45
A.N.B.U

i doubt shikamaru will give the chakra blades to naruto due to there symbolism, but you never know he just may since naruto will have more use for them since he also uses a wind based chakra, and is a close combat fighter
A.N.B.U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 14:27   Link #46
Kage_Spyke
burakkukoohii jouyousha

hey doesnt have to use those blade to manipulate his chalra through them, he could get a special sword lik kakashi has or yondaimes kunai, that would be badass
Kage_Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 04:54   Link #47
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
im not talking about kyuubified naruto here, fact is real naruto will never be able to keep up with sasukes teleportation like speed.You know that bleachs flash step like thing (forgot its name), the jutsu yondaime and uchiha which itachi killed used.Its somehow weird how they give this jutsu to sasuke instead of naruto the yondaime copy-cat.Well maybe he'll learn it someday, but now hes just above the average at speed thing.
Sasuke is just fast, he's not teleporting...if anybody is going to learn the Hiraishin, it's going to be Naruto (what with all his mysterious connections with Yondaime). And while it was the Kitsune's chakra, it was Naruto's body. Naruto has the potential to move that fast on his own...he just needs to train himself to be able to do it. Maybe he should wear his green jumpsuit more often and hang out with Lee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Yea are right about one thing, Naruto using the kyuubi chakra is definitely fast enought to keep of with sasuke, maybe to the point where not even the sharingan can keep up. But since naruto doesnt want to use the foxes power anymore, i doubt hell be any threat to sasuke, especailly since sasuke now has a kusanagi sword and naruto doesnt have any weapons at all.
I still think that the finalized Fuuton: Rasengan is going to be more than enough of a weapon for Naruto...and I'm fair sure it will be able to sunder Sasuke's Kusanagi. Naruto really isn't a weapon fighter, even his kunai and the like are more for distraction (or explosive tags)...and when you have moves that do more damage than a weapon ever could, why bother?
Old 2007-04-20, 05:28   Link #48
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
I still think that the finalized Fuuton: Rasengan is going to be more than enough of a weapon for Naruto...and I'm fair sure it will be able to sunder Sasuke's Kusanagi. Naruto really isn't a weapon fighter, even his kunai and the like are more for distraction (or explosive tags)...and when you have moves that do more damage than a weapon ever could, why bother?
Why bother? because a weapon can be used to defend as well as attack... Unlike a weapon, Naruto offensive jutsu can't be used to block a common attack; he may use it to counter a major attack, but those smaller common attacks are gonna be trouble... Sasuke's sword is how he commonly attacks now (unlike big attack like Chidori... though sasuke's probably made an improved version), unless Naruto won't be able to use his jutsu to block every slash; it's just not that kind of jutsu...

Currently, Naruto has no decent method of defence... he has to either dodge attacks, or decieve the enemies using stuff like Kage Bushin... agianst someone like Sasuke, this is not a good thing at all. When Sasuke moves in with his sword Naruto's only method is to dodge ever slash, dodging of which is generally harder then blocking such attacks... With a proper weapon, Naruto could block the sword (easier then dodging), and then turn the block into a counter attack...

What i think Naruto really needs is some kind of weapon that he can channel his chakra through... by channeling his Lightning, Sasuke has a sword that is much more potent than normal and can not be easily blocked... however, If naruto channels his wind Chakra into his weapon, Naruto's Wind will beat Sasuke's lightning and, in theory, give him the ability to block sasuke's sword
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 05:37   Link #49
MonkeyMadness
Banned

Sai's are the natural weapon against Katana's. They were made specifically to break the blades of Katana's. Just like how Raphael broke Leonardo's katana's (ninja turtles reference)
MonkeyMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 08:26   Link #50
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
A halberd is a poleaxe. Basically an axe at the end of a pole with a spear-tip at the apex of the pole. Why the hell would a ninja use a european halberd.
Cuz he's a ninja ....

WITH TV!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Why bother? because a weapon can be used to defend as well as attack... Unlike a weapon, Naruto offensive jutsu can't be used to block a common attack; he may use it to counter a major attack, but those smaller common attacks are gonna be trouble... Sasuke's sword is how he commonly attacks now (unlike big attack like Chidori... though sasuke's probably made an improved version), unless Naruto won't be able to use his jutsu to block every slash; it's just not that kind of jutsu...

Currently, Naruto has no decent method of defence... he has to either dodge attacks, or decieve the enemies using stuff like Kage Bushin... agianst someone like Sasuke, this is not a good thing at all. When Sasuke moves in with his sword Naruto's only method is to dodge ever slash, dodging of which is generally harder then blocking such attacks... With a proper weapon, Naruto could block the sword (easier then dodging), and then turn the block into a counter attack...

What i think Naruto really needs is some kind of weapon that he can channel his chakra through... by channeling his Lightning, Sasuke has a sword that is much more potent than normal and can not be easily blocked... however, If naruto channels his wind Chakra into his weapon, Naruto's Wind will beat Sasuke's lightning and, in theory, give him the ability to block sasuke's sword
Who needs defense / dodging when Kyuubi is healing you like WOlverine?!

Yes, Its (Madara theories) everywhere except for the manga called Naruto. - Tatami

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-04-20 at 10:41. Reason: Do not double post
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 11:34   Link #51
reloaded
skywalker

Well in my opinion Naruto doesnt need a weapon at all, since his elemental affinity is wind we should see him starting to have a wider range of wind jutsus soon. The slashing and slicing effects of wind jutsus are superior to most weaponry because they can slash or slice objects from a longer range and have no chance of being blocked, they can only be cancelled out by a similar jutsu colliding with them. Weaponry such as swords or blades can be rendered useless if they are knocked out of the enemys hands or put out of the enemys reach.

Naruto could learn such jutsu's like Temaris or the wind blade jutsu and he could also create his own. Naruto having a weapon wouldnt seem likely he has always had a direct approach in fights, if he were to use a weapon he would have been trained to use one in the timeskip like Sasuke was, I cant see Naruto changing his fighting style to suit a weapon.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 12:28   Link #52
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

since kakashi was blocking zabuza's buster sword with his kunai, there isn't a reason why naruto can't block sasuke's katana, which is thinner with it. If sasuke decides to combine his lighting element with it, naruto could do the same with his wind element. If he can't, then at least he is able to block the first blow, albeit being push away in the process due to the extra force that sasuke's lighting element gives out, if sasuke decides to follow up with his attacks, naruto will have to dodge it or run for it.
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 12:52   Link #53
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius
Who needs defense / dodging when Kyuubi is healing you like WOlverine?!
Well, for one there is that whole thing with Naruto not relying on his kyuubi chakra anymore... and second there's, Kyuubi chakra doesn't exactly make him invinsible

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaded
Well in my opinion Naruto doesnt need a weapon at all, since his elemental affinity is wind we should see him starting to have a wider range of wind jutsus soon. The slashing and slicing effects of wind jutsus are superior to most weaponry because they can slash or slice objects from a longer range and have no chance of being blocked, they can only be cancelled out by a similar jutsu colliding with them. Weaponry such as swords or blades can be rendered useless if they are knocked out of the enemys hands or put out of the enemys reach.
The thing is that doesn't solve Naruto's problem of defence; that all adds to his attack... Dodging a sword in close range combat is not easy, particually a sword like Sasuke's which is a very well balanced size; it's much longer than a kunai, but much faster than a sword like Zabuza's... best thing to do when dealing with a sword like that is to block it; it's a much more effiecent method (unlike a slow sword like Zabuza's or small kunai's where it may be easier to dodge)... When Sasuke comes into close range with his sword, what will Naruto do then to protect himself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese no koma
since kakashi was blocking zabuza's buster sword with his kunai, there isn't a reason why naruto can't block sasuke's katana, which is thinner with it. If sasuke decides to combine his lighting element with it, naruto could do the same with his wind element. If he can't, then at least he is able to block the first blow, albeit being push away in the process due to the extra force that sasuke's lighting element gives out, if sasuke decides to follow up with his attacks, naruto will have to dodge it or run for it.
Well for one, as we saw with Yamato, a normal kunai can not block Sasuke's sword, and as we learned from Asuma, a weapon must be made out of a special metal in order for a user to channel their Chakra into it... in other words, For Naruto to channel his wind chakra into weapon he is STILL going to need a special kind of weapon, such as Kunai made out of the same metal as Asuma's Trench knives... If Naruto can't channel his wind into the Kunai, it will just get broken by Sasuke's attack makig it rather useless
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 13:19   Link #54
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
The thing is that doesn't solve Naruto's problem of defence; that all adds to his attack... Dodging a sword in close range combat is not easy, particually a sword like Sasuke's which is a very well balanced size; it's much longer than a kunai, but much faster than a sword like Zabuza's... best thing to do when dealing with a sword like that is to block it; it's a much more effiecent method (unlike a slow sword like Zabuza's or small kunai's where it may be easier to dodge)... When Sasuke comes into close range with his sword, what will Naruto do then to protect himself?
Correct but I also know this that is why I mentioned the disadvatage of a blade that it is useless if a person doesnt have access to it, In Sasukes case if Naruto were to find a way to separate Sasuke from his Katana then he wouldnt need to worry about defence (from sword attacks) since Sasuke doesnt have his blade by his side.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 14:01   Link #55
Hunter Nin.

If he does use a weapon I reckon it'll be something like a big 2h axe/mace/halberd considering he is all about raw power rather than finesse. Granted they're not as 'cool' as swords...

I also think it would be a good idea that if Naruto was able to channel his wind chakra into a kunai he could use it to deflect Sasuke's sword away from him. It would be a pretty cool way to put his wind element to use but I doubt he has the skill to do it, he did manage rasengan though so who knows. That would make up for the fact that you can't block Sasuke's sword (apparently).
Old 2007-04-21, 14:57   Link #56
cheese no koma
kita kita oyaji

Quote:
Well, for one there is that whole thing with Naruto not relying on his kyuubi chakra anymore... and second there's, Kyuubi chakra doesn't exactly make him invinsible

Well for one, as we saw with Yamato, a normal kunai can not block Sasuke's sword, and as we learned from Asuma, a weapon must be made out of a special metal in order for a user to channel their Chakra into it... in other words, For Naruto to channel his wind chakra into weapon he is STILL going to need a special kind of weapon, such as Kunai made out of the same metal as Asuma's Trench knives... If Naruto can't channel his wind into the Kunai, it will just get broken by Sasuke's attack makig it rather useless
He ain't exactly defenseless against sasuke, Naruto can always use kage bunshin to take the hit. As far as i'm concerned KB remains his best option as he is skilled and experienced with it. Even if naruto does block the first hit with a weapon, sasuke's speed will be too much for him to handle. By the time naruto finish blocking, sasuke would've been to his back and make a quick slash or two and still has time for tea.
cheese no koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 15:34   Link #57
CeDeR
forever hung over

naruto should steal temaris weapon....
Old 2007-04-21, 18:40   Link #58
Popo-San

Send a message via AIM to Popo-San

naruto should have those things alex louis armstrong from FMA has.
that would be neat. or what others have said, a giant kunai.
Popo-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 20:53   Link #59
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

anyone thinking that he's gonna use any of the seapons that he used on any of the manga covers? - just an idea- - personally i don't think so-

my bet is that he's gonna get trained in another taining arc/ filler and learn to develop some baddass self-made weapon like mini wind shuriken or something. Either that, or as previously stated, he would get something similar to kakashi's old chakra blade and put his super sharp wind into the. That way it would be more usefull in batte- i think.