AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-24, 14:07   Link #21
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
The thing is we havent seen much from Neji. imo Sasuke didn't seem that fast to me either...of course we're talking about drawings, but even then I didn't get the feeling that he surpasses Kakashi in speed. The only fight we see is when he's going against the fake Kisame and by all account that things was probably as fast as an ungated Gai and Neji does appear to manage to hit him. Then the rest of the time we see Neji a water trap, which apparently he easily escaped when he decided to. So I don't get the feeling that Sasuke's speed improved as greatly as some people deems. Indeed I still find him much slower than Itachi...I'm not saying that Neji is stronger...I still think overall that Sasuke would win, but I think Neji would def. get a few hits in.
Well considering that he was able to move from the top of a 15-20 ft cliff to Naruto's side in an instant and Sakura remarks how amazingly fast he is, I'd say his speed is up there. He may very well be equal to Itachi in that department as Itachi hasn't shown anything superior regarding speed. At any rate, Sasuke is a character whose speed is often emphasized while Neji is a character whose speed is rarely focused on. Not to say that he is slow, but we know that Sasuke is supposed to be one of the faster characters simply because he has relied on fast movement in many of his fights whereas Neji relies on other skills.

But isn't the comparison supposed to be current Sasuke to 13-yr-old Itachi? How did Neji get mixed into all this?
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 14:17   Link #22
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Well considering that he was able to move from the top of a 15-20 ft cliff to Naruto's side in an instant and Sakura remarks how amazingly fast he is, I'd say his speed is up there. He may very well be equal to Itachi in that department as Itachi hasn't shown anything superior regarding speed. At any rate, Sasuke is a character whose speed is often emphasized while Neji is a character whose speed is rarely focused on. Not to say that he is slow, but we know that Sasuke is supposed to be one of the faster characters simply because he has relied on fast movement in many of his fights whereas Neji relies on other skills.

But isn't the comparison supposed to be current Sasuke to 13-yr-old Itachi? How did Neji get mixed into all this?
Originally I was attempting to show why I think Sasuke hasn't improved enough to defeat Itachi by comparing him to Neji...i think it backfired
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 18:44   Link #23
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
I think saying Neji wouldn't land 1 hit on him is a bit farfetched. Sure Neji primarily uses taijutsu, but he def. can use other skills. Indeed the databooks though a bit out-dated would suggest the Neji and Sasuke should atleast be close in speed. Neji isn't like Lee who only uses Taijutsu. Sure I think Sasuke is probably overall stronger, but I wouldn't say it would be an easy win.
No it doesn't, I think I already told you but Data Book's stats aren't really meant to be compared between different characters, they only indicate where the strengths and weakness of a character lie.
Two characters with the same stats in one field doesn't mean they are equally good in this field, it rather means this ability is equally important in their overall strength. Kakashi's maxed up in Ninjutsu and so does the 3rd but it doesn't mean Kakashi was as good as the 3rd.
Another example would be Lee/Sasuke, Lee's speed stat is significantly higher than Sasuke's whereas they had the same speed at this point (not counting the Gates : Bloodline and power up like Kyubi/CS/Gates/etc. aren't counted into those stats).

Neji wasn't as fast as Lee/Sasuke and I really doubt it's the case now, in fact it seems the gap has widely widened in Sasuke's case who reached the speed level where we don't see him move at all anymore : he just goes to point A to point B without speed lines, blur or any of the usual usual speed indicators.
It just doesn't matter much in Neji's case since his Byakugan and incredible reflexes are more than enough to close the gap with supperior speed (and he's very fast himself anyway).
As for Itachi's speed it's hard to tell. For start he is a Sharingan user which make difficult to judge since you can't really use how they react to their opponent's speed and secondly because we hardly saw him really moving either during the few skirmish he was in.

Sasuke might be faster than his brother at this moment for all we know but overall I just can't see him fighting evenly with Itachi even though we only saw the tip of the iceberg of Sasuke's strength.
Honestly I wouldn't even bet much on Sasuke against an 11 years old Itachi but with Kishimoto current power inflation's pace who knows?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 23:11   Link #24
ibreatheanime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
One thing to keep in mind about Itachi...have we seen anything that pushed him to his limit? The closest thing was when he and Kisame escaped from Jiraiya and he was forced to use Amaterasu. We know, at least roughly, where Sasuke is as we've seen him pushed to the edge.

I reserve full judgement until I see exactly what Itachi is capable of...to this point he's only toyed with people (with the exception of Jiraiya, whom we also don't know everything about). I have a feeling, though, that Itachi is much more powerful than we've seen. If he's willing to use the single most devistating genjutsu in the series to toy with people, what would he do if he were actually fighting for his life?
I agree, everytime we have seen itachi fight, it has been in a calm way. He has hardly had to exert much effort at all.
Old 2007-04-25, 11:23   Link #25
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

I moved the Neji / Sasuke part of the debat here.
Please, use this thread if you want to continue discussing the subject.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 11:47   Link #26
reloaded
skywalker

with the vast differences regarding skills between Sasuke and Itachi I find it hard to believe that they are brothers. Itachi just had raw talent and nothing else, Sasuke needs something more to catch up to Itachi and I believe this to be MS. Sasuke did train under Orochimaru and learn many new things but at the end of the day Orochimaru is weaker than Itachi so this doesnt give Sasuke any edge.
Im not even sure if Sasuke could beat Itachi at 13 without sharingan.
More does have to be seen of Itachi to be able to make reasonable comparisons though that I agree with.
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote