AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-24, 14:37   Link #1
tkdtiger

[manga/spoilers] Neji martial arts

I was just wondering if Neji's martial arts was meant to resemble the Neijia styles, speciafically Baguazhang (eight diagram palms). If this were the case and Neji was to pick up a weapon at somepoint what do you think it would be? I now that Baguazhang practitioners are known to use large weapons...If this is the case I think it would be cool to see him using a lare polearm...In other notions of the this art they referance animals which reflects certain things...
乾 Qin Lion 獅 Interlocking
兌 Dui Monkey 猴 Enfolding
離 L Rooster 鷂 Lying step
震 Zhn Dragon 龍 Lifting and holding
巽 Xn Phoenix 鳳 Windmill
坎 Kǎn Snake 蛇 Moving with the force
艮 Gn Bear 熊 Turning the back
坤 Kūn Unicorn 麟 Reversing the body
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 06:07   Link #2
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
As I said way back in the "Favorite Fighting Style" thread, Jūken reminds me of Baguazhang with elements of Tai Chi thrown in...plus the fact that Baguazhang means "Eight Trigram Palm" (which is the name prefacing nearly every named Jūken attack) kinda lends credance. Just as Gōken reminds me of Xingyiquan (among other things).

I don't think Neji would pick up a weapon...his whole fighting style is based around unarmed fighting...I can't even recall him ever using kunai (he probably has, but not often enough for me to note it). If he did, it would have to be something small...like kama, yawara, or yubi-bo...something that lets him use his hands as well.

Last edited by Hentai Guy; 2007-04-25 at 06:39.
Hentai Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 11:22   Link #3
tkdtiger

That would be cool...although I was looking at a Chinese Broadsword...that would look pretty cool to use
Old 2007-04-25, 14:01   Link #4
ILikeSquiReLz
<>(`;)<>

I also see a hint of Qigong as well as Eskrima.
Old 2007-04-25, 14:10   Link #5
tkdtiger

Qigong wouldn't be surprising since the two martial arts appear to be related...both are part of the Neijia styles...better known as internal style of martial art...