AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-04-23, 18:19   Link #81
Mitsu
Momento Mori

I like Naruto Alot but I think it needs to have more episodes with sand ninjas in it
Mitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 18:32   Link #82
Koolkat
Axel's home dawgg =]

Send a message via AIM to Koolkat Send a message via MSN to Koolkat Send a message via Yahoo to Koolkat
my opinion about it?

its the best anime ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
Koolkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 22:50   Link #83
tkdtiger

You know I like it so far...I think Kishimoto though has the added problem of making fans of other character happy, especially since he claimed that he has soo much palnned for the other teams, but we've seen very little of anything with the other teams...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 08:13   Link #84
Hentai Guy
REdiculous (see profile)

Location: I live in a freakin' desert...not even a cool desert with cacti and stuff...just a whole lot o' nada
Alright, I'm going to answer this before I read other posts...keeps me honest...anyway...

I like Naruto...I enjoy most of the characters, the fighting, the plot, etc. I do find myself, especially post Chuunin exam, growing annoyed with some of Kishimoto's choices and the way he writes. The character of Sasuke is particularly nettling to me. He's poorly written and his primary ability is overpowered to the point of being just plain boring. Because of his demeanor combined with this complete and utter Mary-Sue literary whacking-off Kishi has going with him...I feel a total lack of emotional investment Sasuke as a character...a character that under different circumstances would really tug at the old heartstrings. I dislike the turn the series has taken with the "Ultimate Jutsu" stuff...Fuuton: Rasengan, ect ect...it's getting a bit too DBZish. The levels of power everyone is achieving will eventually get boring (as it already has with Sasuke, with Naruto himself close behind)...I really hope the series will have the good sense to end before this happens.

All in all...I like the first few arcs a lot more than the latest developments...but I'll still keep reading and watching.
Old 2007-04-24, 08:35   Link #85
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

Naruto...

I think it's a nice manga but what really is driving it is the intrigue of the shinobis not the actual fights between them which last what? 10 minutes? 5 pages? It's more about the mystery of the quiet killing ninjas the espionage of the akatsuki the secret agendas of characters like kabuto and orochimaru slowly coming to light and this uncovering of mysteries is why naruto is great to watch or even more to read... If I wanted to watch fights i would watch some overhyped garbage like Dragonball for example. Of course here and there they overdo it (to me kyubi and CS actually degrade the manga rather than upgrade it...i would much rather have a pure shinobi manga rather than this supernatural circus of some heroes : naruto and sasuke among others)

Naruto (the character) does not pass out like a ninja/shinobi so far to me which is a shame really.. why do the japanese make protagonists utter idiots in so many series? of course he will change his characer and attitude and abilities and bla bla but somehow i doubt it will happen in a realistic way and more like a childish way...

overall fun to watch for the plot and espionage and not so fun for the monsters in my opinion.
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 12:53   Link #86
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChojinLocke View Post
Naruto...

I think it's a nice manga but what really is driving it is the intrigue of the shinobis not the actual fights between them which last what? 10 minutes? 5 pages? It's more about the mystery of the quiet killing ninjas the espionage of the akatsuki the secret agendas of characters like kabuto and orochimaru slowly coming to light and this uncovering of mysteries is why naruto is great to watch or even more to read... If I wanted to watch fights i would watch some overhyped garbage like Dragonball for example. Of course here and there they overdo it (to me kyubi and CS actually degrade the manga rather than upgrade it...i would much rather have a pure shinobi manga rather than this supernatural circus of some heroes : naruto and sasuke among others)

Naruto (the character) does not pass out like a ninja/shinobi so far to me which is a shame really.. why do the japanese make protagonists utter idiots in so many series? of course he will change his characer and attitude and abilities and bla bla but somehow i doubt it will happen in a realistic way and more like a childish way...

overall fun to watch for the plot and espionage and not so fun for the monsters in my opinion.
You are absolutly correct . I know this isnt the first comment of mine on this but...
The power of shurikens and kunai's have decreased to a level where they cant even kill academey students (i think). I think the life in Naruto (compared to other japanese animes) is way too peaceful.

I've watched other animes where children, parents, civilians, soldiers where brutally murdered. (Not that i like that but watching this should be normal i think)
ANBU and characters such as Lee are unique because they barely or dont use jutsu's. I think Kishimoto should use types such as:

- mercenary shinobi/samurai
- double agents/spies (similair to Kabuto but more of these)

For those who have watched bleach for example were suddenly all suprised because it turned out that someone (Aizen) turned out to be alive!
For some who have watched for example Code Geass eps. 21 & eps. 22# where just like me suddenly like WTF is going on!! This is way too cruel...ask for details if you really wanna know anyway...

Naruto should change from predictable to unpredicatable... and those no named characters needs get more credit (they seem completly useless)
Old 2007-04-25, 15:30   Link #87
Evan
天使我爱你

The story was okay and all.
Till it reaches the 3 years training gap and akatsuki and so on.

The story just fast foward alot.
And the rest of the other characters like neji and rock lee etc(esp shino,totally gone)are gone.

Not much intro on other villages.

Sasuke got ALOT more attention and emo-ness than naruto in storyline now.

Naruto,sasuke and maybe sakura are stronger than kakashi and senins.(wtf?,so fast?)

And the part where naruto killed kakuzu with a one(2 or 3 weeks?)week training of newtype sharingan.Just one freakin move.
And Kishimoto made kakuzu looked like an idiot to fall for a simple back attack trick 2 times!!!!Coomon,kakuzu is an S class that fought with hokages and legends for many years!
It really really turned me off.Didnt put up any serious fight at all.

But anyway the story is nontheless still interesting.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 15:38   Link #88
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan View Post
newtype sharingan
Man, now that's an amusing mental image...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-25, 15:46   Link #89
ibreatheanime

Some days I love naruto, but other times I hate it. I haven't watched any further for a couple of month though. I enjoy how you can watch the characters evolve throughout the series, but whenever I watch naruto on CN, and see how childish naruto, and sakura still act it annoys me.(although they can act childish because they are pretty young)
Old 2007-04-25, 16:12   Link #90
-HyugaNeji-

My opinion about Naruto so far? Kishimoto lost track of his own storyline. He doesn't know anymore where this story is leading. This is very obvious if you watch all those trivial chapters, contributing nothing to storyline or character development. Most Naruto characters are totally one dimensional without any background. And this is the most deadliest thing for a Manga/Movie/book which relies heavily on it's characters and not an immersive and great storyline. But one of the facts i dislike the most, is, that Kishimoto seems to FORCE himself to be creative, but creates garbage in the end. Who wants to see people transforming into mutants and monsters with weird abilities all the time? Where are the fast and thrilling battles? For me, the Zabuza arc still has the best and most emotional fights of the WHOLE manga, up until now. And that was at the BEGINNING of the manga.

Kishimoto should stop to create trivial chapters with "cool looking" cliffhangers at the end (mostly containing Sasuke). Instead he should go back creating chapters, where the fans eagerly await the next and next and next chapter. There was this time when i couldn't wait for new chapters. Now it's just a routine. I look if there's a new chapter, download it, go through it and thats it. I watched my last naruto episode in 2005!

Kishimoto is just prolonging things. But with no substance. Naruto is at Chapter 352, but the pure substance of it, is nowhere near 100 chapters, if you compare it with masterpieces. Take Berserk for example. It runs since 1989 and is now at chapter 285. To sum up the story of berserk, to explain all the details and characters and to explain it in general is just next to impossible. There is just TOO much detail. And yet, everything connects. Everything is coherent and logical inside it's own universe.

Yet in Naruto, i find plot holes over plot holes and the use of many deus ex machinas.

Kishimoto wants to make everything very BIG and he tries to give even the most trivial and non contributing thing, a COOL look and make it seem important, while it's not and is only fueling senseless fan discussions. The manga had SO many questions, yet most of them are still unanswered. And they will be unanswered.

I lost hope for this manga. Even if i try, i don't see a satisfying ending for this manga.
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-26, 08:36   Link #91
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin View Post
Man, now that's an amusing mental image...
Sharingan gear2
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote