AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-04-21, 20:17   Link #21
Schwertkreuz
Unison Device
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Philippines
Age: 29
About Nanoha a's ep 12, anyone knows the chant spell that Hayate-chan uses on casting Misteltein (with english translation)? I will greatly appreciate your help.
__________________
Thanks for the help Darco_emp and selkirk
Schwertkreuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 20:47   Link #22
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Under a cardboard box
Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
From Triad's Translaton:

Approach from beyond, Mistletoe branches;
And become spears of sliver moon;
Pierce it, Stone spears;
Misteltein.
Darco_emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-21, 20:58   Link #23
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwertkreuz View Post
About Nanoha a's ep 12, anyone knows the chant spell that Hayate-chan uses on casting Misteltein (with english translation)? I will greatly appreciate your help.
NanohaWiki
Quote:
彼方より来たれ、やどりぎの枝。銀月の槍となりて、撃ち貫け。石化の槍、ミストルティン
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Triad
Approach from the beyond, mistletoe branches, and become spears of the silver moon! Pierce it! Stone spears, Misteltein!
selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-30, 16:57   Link #24
xris
Just call me Ojisan
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: U.K. Hampshire
From the first post in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.
Please do not use the Q & A thread for discussion, it's here to ask and answer questions. Due to this, the recent posts have been removed.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 11:11   Link #25
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Okay, I know this is going to sound extremely ridiculous, but...

have we ever seen Yuuno eating MEAT?
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 11:38   Link #26
raidou
Confused person
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Home sweet home :)
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to raidou
Never seen him eating em directly in the manga/anime but i assume he did because in A's to Strikers during party(chapter03) there was tons of meat dishes there
__________________
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 12:59   Link #27
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Okay, I know this is going to sound extremely ridiculous, but...

have we ever seen Yuuno eating MEAT?
My first response was, "well have we seen the girls' reproductive canals, even when in full view?"

My guess is basic needs arent necessary in this world.

But I jest. I have an impression of him eating something, its just that it's that kind of thing that flits by without anyone noticing...
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 18:16   Link #28
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Holland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
okay after 5 eps
where the hell is Chrono ? is he still on that ship ?
btw which position does Chrono have in the StrikerS ? captain ?
__________________

Credits to Pellissier for the sig
Noppapana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 21:33   Link #29
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noppapana View Post
okay after 5 eps
where the hell is Chrono ? is he still on that ship ?
btw which position does Chrono have in the StrikerS ? captain ?
Admiral Chrono. It was already stated in Ep03.

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 05:44   Link #30
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
@ Noppapana

Unfortunately, you can pretty much assume he's not going to around so soon... Maybe after half-time?

(Though it's interesting how his name pops up once in awhile...)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Admiral Chrono. It was already stated in Ep03.

Cheers.
Actually, that's what concerns me.

Wasn't there an article that states his rank as 'Commodore'?

Unless it's the same thing for TSAB, I smell trouble.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 06:07   Link #31
Skane
Anime Snark
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
~ Actually, that's what concerns me.

Wasn't there an article that states his rank as 'Commodore'?

Unless it's the same thing for TSAB, I smell trouble.
If Commodore is not the same, then it is probably a lower rank, and Chrono has ascended since then. I doubt it is higher, since Admiral is the same rank as Leti and Lindy, and it is heavily implied that Admirals are not common (and very highly ranked).

Recall the conversation that Chrono had with Acous about the three Admirals, and Hayate's conversation about how having the support of 3 Admirals is a lot.

Also, if I am not mistaken, the Admirals are not part of the Ground Forces, but the "Navy"?

Cheers.
__________________
Skane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 06:16   Link #32
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Also, if I am not mistaken, the Admirals are not part of the Ground Forces, but the "Navy"?
That is right. Navy uses the rank of Admiral to reflect one of the highest military ranks, while the Ground/Air Forces uses General/Marshal. Naturally, there are subsidies within the particular ranks itself like Grand Admiral > Fleet Admiral > Admiral, but we're not sure of how TSAB ranks their officers, since Commodore is supposed to be a rank lower than Admiral if I'm not mistaken.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 06:37   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Thats the problem, it IS lower.

I recall the article having information that fits for the 'middle' parts of the series, not the beginning- Like Subaru and Teana being B ranked, not C rank like at the start of episode 1.

And we all know that people can go up and down ladders.
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 08:16   Link #34
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Also, if I am not mistaken, the Admirals are not part of the Ground Forces, but the "Navy"?

Cheers.
I'd rather "Spacey".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Thats the problem, it IS lower.

I recall the article having information that fits for the 'middle' parts of the series, not the beginning- Like Subaru and Teana being B ranked, not C rank like at the start of episode 1.

And we all know that people can go up and down ladders.
Oh dear. Did Chrono try to sleep with the GA's daughter?
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 08:49   Link #35
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually, that's what concerns me.

Wasn't there an article that states his rank as 'Commodore'?

Unless it's the same thing for TSAB, I smell trouble.
Someone translated his rank listed on the official site as Commodore, yes. It's inconsistent with my translation of the rank, though. My translation gives "Admiral". I think the same person gave Vice's rank as "Non-commissioned Officer", which I got as "Sergeant" (there's no grading though, it's just "Sergeant", no indication of whether he's just a plain Sergeant, a First Sergeant, a Master Sergeant or a Sergeant Major).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 08:59   Link #36
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
Someone translated his rank listed on the official site as Commodore, yes. It's inconsistent with my translation of the rank, though. My translation gives "Admiral". I think the same person gave Vice's rank as "Non-commissioned Officer", which I got as "Sergeant" (there's no grading though, it's just "Sergeant", no indication of whether he's just a plain Sergeant, a First Sergeant, a Master Sergeant or a Sergeant Major).
Vice's rank can also be interpretted as Warrant Officer, the one rank just below 2nd Lt and the one that Sergeants become after Sergeant Major in the US Marines. I don't think that rank of officer has been commissioned yet.

Speaking of Marines, was there any genuine mention that Nanoha was in the TSAB Special Forces? If so, was its name given?
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 09:24   Link #37
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Vice's rank can also be interpretted as Warrant Officer, the one rank just below 2nd Lt and the one that Sergeants become after Sergeant Major in the US Marines. I don't think that rank of officer has been commissioned yet.
Um... Griffith is a Warrant Officer (准陸尉). Vice is quite clearly a Sergeant (陸曹). He's outranked by Reinforce Zwei, whom is a Chief Master Sergeant (空曹長). Though I find it odd that Reinforce Zwei has an Air Force rank when she's in the TSAB's Ground Armed Services. She should be a Sergeant Major (陸曹長).
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 10:06   Link #38
Meophist
Tell me who I am.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Has the birthdays of any of the character been revealed?
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-04, 11:49   Link #39
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Fox View Post
Um... Griffith is a Warrant Officer (准陸尉). Vice is quite clearly a Sergeant (陸曹). He's outranked by Reinforce Zwei, whom is a Chief Master Sergeant (空曹長). Though I find it odd that Reinforce Zwei has an Air Force rank when she's in the TSAB's Ground Armed Services. She should be a Sergeant Major (陸曹長).
Oh I take back what I said then. Made too many assumptions.
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 03:10   Link #40
Question
Crossdresser
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
For A's, was a OST released?
__________________
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.