AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-05-02, 18:30   Link #121
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta, USA / Seoul, Korea
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by farr5792 View Post
It also doesn't feel like Yumi been missing for long time.
I think you are right. This may be the reason the second half of the episode fell just a little flat for me. It really didn't seem like she was missing long enough to justify the overly emotional reunion.
Timeline according to the novel.
  • 2:00 The Hanadera battle starts.
  • 2:30+ Yumi leaves Sachiko
  • 2:55 Sachiko orders Yuki to search for Yumi.
  • 3:00 Yuki asks Alice about Yumi.
  • 3:30 The Hanadera battle is over. Soon after Sachiko reunites with Yumi.
So, according to Sachiko, Yumi went missing for about one hour. Not too short, but not that long either. But yeah, the anime doesn't make it seem all that long though.
__________________
Currently Watching:Is the Order a Rabbit?, No Game No Life, Precure Series
dahl_moon is offline  
Old 2007-05-02, 18:34   Link #122
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
According to your timeline, that's less than 25 minutes. The anime didn't make it look shorter than that. I thought it was more, honestly. After all, it's ridiculously short to panic.

Though it would be out of character for Yumi to let herself be sidetracked while running an errand for Sachiko, I suppose.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-05-03, 04:29   Link #123
Ronja
making the flowers grow;)
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
She has been missing for 40 minutes, according to Erica Friedman's novel translation.
Ronja is offline  
Old 2007-05-03, 06:50   Link #124
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: スキマの向こう
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Keep in mind the situation Sachiko's in. Men, men, men (or rather boys?) everywhere.

Last edited by niwasatou; 2007-05-03 at 14:28. Reason: situatuin?! Where's my brain gone?
niwasatou is offline  
Old 2007-05-03, 07:05   Link #125
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah, but she knows she's irrational about it and that Yumi doesn't have a problem with being surrounded by men.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-05-03, 19:08   Link #126
ziggr
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah, but she knows she's irrational about it and that Yumi doesn't have a problem with being surrounded by men.
You're missing the point of the scene: Sachiko needed Yumi. It's not that she wanted to rescue Yumi (although that's the implied/surface story she told Yuuki), but that Yumi was her rock, her stability, what gave her the abilty to survive while surrounded by men, men, men (and two very tall twins on a very small platform).

PS: Also, I love the scene where Yuuki and some Hanadera guy both drop to one knee and bow to Queen Sachiko as she commands Yuuki to go find Yumi. In fact, I think I'll go watch that again right now:

Last edited by ziggr; 2007-05-03 at 19:19. Reason: Add screenshot of queeny goodness
ziggr is offline  
Old 2007-05-03, 19:16   Link #127
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Eh. It's implied she can put up with Yuki since he's a slightly taller, less cute version of Yumi. If she was that afraid for herself, she wouldn't have sent him away.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-05-04, 10:04   Link #128
Devious
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
still I think it was nice that she send Yuki to search for Yumi and I don't really think that it was only because Sa-chan needed Yumi I mean I still think it's more because Sa-chan was worried, because if seh wasn't she wouldn't have climbed down the stairs
Devious is offline  
Old 2007-05-05, 17:32   Link #129
dxanato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boston
Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I guess the anime fail to show that Yumi actually got lost at some point. Before she kind found her way to the area where the event was happing. Yuuki maybe the only none family male she is would happy talk to. I am sure the fact that is Yumi brother is huge factor. I don't think there is anything that Sachiko dislike about Yumi.
__________________
Gokigenyou
dxanato is offline  
Old 2007-05-06, 23:15   Link #130
farr5792
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Asia
Hmmm...Lately, I've been wandering why is Sachiko choose Yumi as her petite souer in the first place. Am I missing something somewhere either in the novel or manga or anime that stated the answer why?
farr5792 is offline  
Old 2007-05-07, 03:48   Link #131
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Er... The first three episodes of season 1? The first novel?
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2007-05-07, 07:33   Link #132
dxanato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boston
Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
Originally Posted by farr5792 View Post
Hmmm...Lately, I've been wandering why is Sachiko choose Yumi as her petite souer in the first place. Am I missing something somewhere either in the novel or manga or anime that stated the answer why?
If you read the manga, light novel or saw the first 3 episode you would see that Sachiko does not know why she approach Yumi the faithful morning. Sachiko point out that morning are not Sachiko strongest point and she acted unlike her normal self. Why she choose Yumi we may never know since she did in semiconscious state.


I guess we can discuss a "What if?" scenario. What if Yumi was not the girl standing there that morning would she had found Yumi at some time during the school year?
__________________
Gokigenyou
dxanato is offline  
Old 2007-05-07, 08:57   Link #133
mdauben
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a world all my own
Quote:
Originally Posted by farr5792 View Post
Hmmm...Lately, I've been wandering why is Sachiko choose Yumi as her petite souer in the first place. Am I missing something somewhere either in the novel or manga or anime that stated the answer why?
My personal opinion is this. Their intial meeting in front of the statue was chance, or perhaps fate. Later in the Rose mansion Sachiko was just backed into a corner by the Yamayurikai and did indeed pick Yumi becuase she was the first girl she came across. It was only later, after she got to know her during the school play story arc that Sachiko actually came to want Yumi as her souer for her own sake.
mdauben is offline  
Old 2007-05-08, 06:32   Link #134
dxanato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boston
Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Well two thing happen which I feel are catalyst to further their relation. The first is the picture taken by Tsutako. If she hadn't take the picture Yumi would had never approach the Yamayurikai. Yumi is to shy it took a pushy friend to get her to go. The second one which play on Sachiko competitive nature. Sei making the penalty game for Sachiko to win over Yumi. BTW Sachiko truly show how competitive she is in the next OVA and Yumi has to calm her down quite often. You can blame Tsutako and Sei for Yumi and Sachiko becoming soeur.
__________________
Gokigenyou
dxanato is offline  
Old 2007-05-09, 12:15   Link #135
glainfach
One of the Unlost
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland, USA
Send a message via AIM to glainfach Send a message via MSN to glainfach Send a message via Yahoo to glainfach
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggr View Post
Also, I love the scene where Yuuki and some Hanadera guy both drop to one knee and bow to Queen Sachiko as she commands Yuuki to go find Yumi.
I really love this scene! Sachiko suddenly turns on the Ogasawara family power switch and men start falling to their knees before her. This is a woman adept and skilled in the uses of power and she'll use it to get whatever she wants whenever she wants it. At that moment she wanted Yumi more than anything else. As Yumi has said on more than one occasion her onee-sama can be scary!
glainfach is offline  
Old 2007-05-09, 15:03   Link #136
Devious
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
hm I think that it was feith for them to be together Imean they have some special bond and that's it
glainfach I agree with you ha and yeah she' can be scary and I like that part about her
Devious is offline  
Old 2007-05-15, 20:51   Link #137
miyuky chan
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxanato View Post
If you read the manga, light novel or saw the first 3 episode you would see that Sachiko does not know why she approach Yumi the faithful morning. Sachiko point out that morning are not Sachiko strongest point and she acted unlike her normal self. Why she choose Yumi we may never know since she did in semiconscious state.


I guess we can discuss a "What if?" scenario. What if Yumi was not the girl standing there that morning would she had found Yumi at some time during the school year?
mmmmm... well, thats true, sachiko never really "knows" why she aproach yumi that day, I mean consciously. the "reasons" she gave were just her own speculations, or justifications XD I guess the best way to explain it is just looking it as a kinda love at first sight or a physical attraction, dont know. its like when you're walking on the street, and unexpectedly ,among all people, you're eyes get focused in one single peson without any reason aparently, maybe there'r nothing extraordinary about him/her and maybe it has nothing to do with a "sexual attraction" , but the fact is that you feel dragged to them. I can't xplain it very well, so if there's a psicology student here...... but I guess you got my point :P

in my opinion I think was destiny. I'm not trying to imagin or discuss any other scenario, 'cuz I'm someone who believes in ...well, destiny you can call me a real romantic
miyuky chan is offline  
Old 2007-05-30, 18:00   Link #138
phantom_ryder
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 27
yaay! I finally got to watch it! ... wow I took long enough I know. Was it just me or did Kashiwagi look more feminine in this one? Hmm, anyways my favourite part
Spoiler for ...:
phantom_ryder is offline  
Old 2007-07-26, 04:42   Link #139
Berserker
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Does Sachiko really hate men, or does she just have a fear of them?
Berserker is offline  
Old 2007-07-26, 09:26   Link #140
mdauben
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In a world all my own
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Does Sachiko really hate men, or does she just have a fear of them?
I think in the first meeting with the Hanandera Student Council, Sachiko's reaction to being embrased by "Alice" looks much more like panic or even terror (which would indicate she has a pathological fear or men), rather than the annoyance or anger she would feel if she just hated them.
mdauben is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.