AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Air

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-05-07, 00:42   Link #21
kMisuzu
vehicularGao
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to kMisuzu
Bump. Last call, I'll be leaving June 5th.
There is a good chance I won't be cosplaying as planned since I haven't been able to fix my costume. Oh well, I don't know enough Japanese to avoid being lynched.

I'll be taking the bullet train to Kyōto, followed by the Sanin Main Line (rapid train hopefully) to Kasumi. From there it looks like I'll be pulling a Yukito.
kMisuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 01:11   Link #22
frad113
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via AIM to frad113
Good luck and enjoy. I take that back: enjoy and good luck.
__________________
баня, водка, гармонь и лосось.
amenochi.com
frad113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 01:16   Link #23
Wuya
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kMisuzu View Post
Bump. Last call, I'll be leaving June 5th.
There is a good chance I won't be cosplaying as planned since I haven't been able to fix my costume. Oh well, I don't know enough Japanese to avoid being lynched.

I'll be taking the bullet train to Kyōto, followed by the Sanin Main Line (rapid train hopefully) to Kasumi. From there it looks like I'll be pulling a Yukito.
I will be looking forward for your report! Take plenty of pictures or camera shots!!!
HAVE FUN! STAY SAFE! DONT GET KIDNAPPED! XD
...to bad about the costume... but then again, wont they think tourist are a bit nutty if you did ? XD

and dont worry about japanese... look for McDonalds and you will be fine
Wuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 01:19   Link #24
Minoto
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland, Oregon
Age: 42
I have only the obvious suggestions for what to shoot once you're in Kasumi, so here's a different thought...try to document as much as you can of your trip there, too (stations, train lines, etc) for the benefit of future travelers. Take care, and enjoy!
__________________
観鈴の友達
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 07:43   Link #25
celcius
Aspiring but lazy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Internet
Mreh? You plan on making a costume?
A black, long sleeve shirt + jeans should be enough~ ^^

I think most of the stuff has been covered by the above posts. So I guess I'll just go for...
Enjoy your trip and be safe~ ^^
__________________

Nihaha~
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 11:07   Link #26
nani
Dreamer
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by kMisuzu View Post
I'll be taking the bullet train to Kyōto, followed by the Sanin Main Line (rapid train hopefully) to Kasumi. From there it looks like I'll be pulling a Yukito.
More information can be found here (in Chinese/Japanese) : http://blog.roodo.com/riceking/archives/462539.html

In essence:

Kyoto(京都) - Himeji (姫路) : Hikari Shinkansen
Himeji (姫路) - Wadayama (和田山) : Bantan Line
Wadayama (和田山) - Kasumi (香住) : Sanin Main Line

The author traveled from Osaka to Kasumi and the journey took him 5 hours, so please be prepared....

BTW, have a nice trip
__________________
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 18:09   Link #27
kMisuzu
vehicularGao
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to kMisuzu
Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
More information can be found here (in Chinese/Japanese) : http://blog.roodo.com/riceking/archives/462539.html

In essence:

Kyoto(京都) - Himeji (姫路) : Hikari Shinkansen
Himeji (姫路) - Wadayama (和田山) : Bantan Line
Wadayama (和田山) - Kasumi (香住) : Sanin Main Line

The author traveled from Osaka to Kasumi and the journey took him 5 hours, so please be prepared....

BTW, have a nice trip
Thanks for the info!
I wasn't sure where I would meet the Sanin. Although I wasn't worried.
Although I really had no idea how long the trip would take. :3
I figured it would be at least 3, oh well.

Well I might do a basic Yukito still. I was going to do a Misuzu animegao :3
(If I did I would get a hotel, change hidden, sneak out and take pics then sneak back so I wouldn't be spotted. :3)
Although I guess it wouldn't be best to make a good impression, not for me but for all the other westerners who follow.
kMisuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 12:39   Link #28
Neaco
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Enjoy your first hand experience of the 1000th summer^^

What do you mean by "do a Misuzu animegao"
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 20:07   Link #29
kMisuzu
vehicularGao
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to kMisuzu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animegao
kMisuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 22:21   Link #30
Neaco
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
oh ok, I've seen those before but always thought it was just another form of cosplay.

Looks pretty difficult if you ask me, I think doing a simple Yukito would be a lot better and easier.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 23:32   Link #31
kMisuzu
vehicularGao
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to kMisuzu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco View Post
oh ok, I've seen those before but always thought it was just another form of cosplay.

Looks pretty difficult if you ask me, I think doing a simple Yukito would be a lot better and easier.
the benefits of doing Yukito outweigh the ones for doing Misuzu, maybe

i'll have to take a picture of me sleeping on a ledge, bus stop, and various other places
kMisuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 23:44   Link #32
Wuya
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Wink

oh oh oh! do one picture where you get arrested!!! XD
Wuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 08:31   Link #33
sayuritokyo
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
google earth location

Here's a .kmz for kasumi town. (google earth link)

http://techsuki.net/Misuzu's town.kmz

I'm going back to Tokyo this Christmas, I'll take the shinkansen to Kyoto and those trains you mentioned, can't wait to visit her town!
sayuritokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-11, 11:37   Link #34
nani
Dreamer
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Surprisingly, Misuzu's home is located in Hakodate (one of the prefectures in Hokkaido, located at the north end of Japan).

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~uso9000/travel/air6.htm

This is the artwork of Misuzu's home in the game for comparison.

__________________
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 01:13   Link #35
Neaco
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Never knew Misuzu's house existed. They never showed it in any of the Kami photos. Key takes ideas from just about everywhere it seems. Well although it's in Hokkaido, it is also by the ocean too^^

Also the "cold and wintery" Kanon inpired city, Moriguchi is a mere 132km from AIR's summer town of Kami, and Kami actually is further north.

Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 07:39   Link #36
kMisuzu
vehicularGao
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to kMisuzu
Well I've been and gone now.
I hate to disappoint, but that is about it. I'll write up completely later on and upload photos, but simply put - I didn't manage to accomplish anything. ;-;

My original plan was to have a friend come along who spoke good Japanese. He was here on business and would do some traveling with us afterwards. His plans had to change because his boss is dumb. I tried making a reservation for the night but failed pretty bad repeatedly. I doubt they dislike foreigners in the region, but I got hung up on twice.

Walked around and took vague pictures because we couldn't find/get to anything. I was pretty sure I knew where the bus stop and shrine were but those were two things we wouldn't be able to reach on foot with our baggage in tow ;-;
It was a pretty sunny day but that didn't work well on my physical and mental exhaustion. I was pulling a bag around with two weeks worth of stuff and wearing jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. Later that day my luggage broke from all the pulling. ;-;

I still plan on going back someday, but it'll be awhile.

I'm going to go soak in a bath, try to fix my luggage, and tend to my wounds.
kMisuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 09:16   Link #37
kMisuzu
vehicularGao
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to kMisuzu
Quote:
Originally Posted by kMisuzu View Post
Well I've been and gone now.
I hate to disappoint, but that is about it. I'll write up completely later on and upload photos, but simply put - I didn't manage to accomplish anything. ;-;

My original plan was to have a friend come along who spoke good Japanese. He was here on business and would do some traveling with us afterwards. His plans had to change because his boss is dumb. I tried making a reservation for the night but failed pretty bad repeatedly. I doubt they dislike foreigners in the region, but I got hung up on twice.

Walked around and took vague pictures because we couldn't find/get to anything. I was pretty sure I knew where the bus stop and shrine were but those were two things we wouldn't be able to reach on foot with our baggage in tow ;-;
It was a pretty sunny day but that didn't work well on my physical and mental exhaustion. I was pulling a bag around with two weeks worth of stuff and wearing jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. Later that day my luggage broke from all the pulling. ;-;

I still plan on going back someday, but it'll be awhile.

I'm going to go soak in a bath, try to fix my luggage, and tend to my wounds.
I was pretty beat when I posted this so let me fill in a few gaps.
I speak very little Japanese and I think most people in the area have an accent. A schoolgirl on the train on the way back spoke just like Haruko. I got hung up on probably as a result of frustration on communication difficulties and they didn't want to wait for me to flip through my phrasebook. I did call a friend and have him call on my behalf and they said they were full. There were other places but he had to get on a plane and the one with the best chance of luck was out of our range and we didn't have their phone number. If we went out to their area it would of cost a lot of time and money. We had to call it a day, because if we went out there and couldn't get a room we wouldn't be able to make it back to a city with a hotel we could stay at.
Also, I found that even what I thought was a good amount of research wasn't enough, and this hotel definitely wouldn't have internet to do more. So even if I stayed it would be very difficult. I at least could of visited the shrine/temple and the bus stop.
It also seems like the station area shore front has been getting a bit of a remodeling, there was construction on new walkways and something else. Wait for the pictures on that one.
btw, Anyone know of an easily accessible (by JR rail) luggage shop in Hiroshima or Tokyo?

still going to write a full report with pictures but lacking proper AIRness ;-;
kMisuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 12:52   Link #38
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kMisuzu View Post
I was pretty beat when I posted this so let me fill in a few gaps.
I speak very little Japanese and I think most people in the area have an accent. A schoolgirl on the train on the way back spoke just like Haruko. I got hung up on probably as a result of frustration on communication difficulties and they didn't want to wait for me to flip through my phrasebook. I did call a friend and have him call on my behalf and they said they were full. There were other places but he had to get on a plane and the one with the best chance of luck was out of our range and we didn't have their phone number. If we went out to their area it would of cost a lot of time and money. We had to call it a day, because if we went out there and couldn't get a room we wouldn't be able to make it back to a city with a hotel we could stay at.
Also, I found that even what I thought was a good amount of research wasn't enough, and this hotel definitely wouldn't have internet to do more. So even if I stayed it would be very difficult. I at least could of visited the shrine/temple and the bus stop.
It also seems like the station area shore front has been getting a bit of a remodeling, there was construction on new walkways and something else. Wait for the pictures on that one.
btw, Anyone know of an easily accessible (by JR rail) luggage shop in Hiroshima or Tokyo?

still going to write a full report with pictures but lacking proper AIRness ;-;
Welcome back from such a tiring but worthwhile journey. I'm wondering if you're planning to upload any of the photos that you've taken through Panoramio so that they can be seen on Google Earth?

(Unfortunately, the area around Kasumi still doesn't have any decent aerial photos, so no luck trying to see the town from a crystal clear bird's eye view on Google Earth. )
__________________
哀莫大於心死。
我對這裡的管理員的霸道與毫無準則的執法行為感到徹底失望﹗

It was fun while it lasted.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 12:53   Link #39
Wuya
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kMisuzu View Post
I was pretty beat when I posted this so let me fill in a few gaps.
I speak very little Japanese and I think most people in the area have an accent. A schoolgirl on the train on the way back spoke just like Haruko. I got hung up on probably as a result of frustration on communication difficulties and they didn't want to wait for me to flip through my phrasebook. I did call a friend and have him call on my behalf and they said they were full. There were other places but he had to get on a plane and the one with the best chance of luck was out of our range and we didn't have their phone number. If we went out to their area it would of cost a lot of time and money. We had to call it a day, because if we went out there and couldn't get a room we wouldn't be able to make it back to a city with a hotel we could stay at.
Also, I found that even what I thought was a good amount of research wasn't enough, and this hotel definitely wouldn't have internet to do more. So even if I stayed it would be very difficult. I at least could of visited the shrine/temple and the bus stop.
It also seems like the station area shore front has been getting a bit of a remodeling, there was construction on new walkways and something else. Wait for the pictures on that one.
btw, Anyone know of an easily accessible (by JR rail) luggage shop in Hiroshima or Tokyo?

still going to write a full report with pictures but lacking proper AIRness ;-;
Still, it be nice to see what you saw... i hope i will make a trip there some day, my curiosity is killing me.
But hopefully you still had fun... despite luggage lugging and then having it break and having the bad hotel experience...
Wuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-15, 20:27   Link #40
kMisuzu
vehicularGao
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to kMisuzu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Welcome back from such a tiring but worthwhile journey. I'm wondering if you're planning to upload any of the photos that you've taken through Panoramio so that they can be seen on Google Earth?

(Unfortunately, the area around Kasumi still doesn't have any decent aerial photos, so no luck trying to see the town from a crystal clear bird's eye view on Google Earth. )
I'm not quite back yet, in Tokyo til Tuesday. If it isn't too difficult, I'm sure I can figure out how to upload the photos through Panoramio. I had taken a few shots I was hoping I could make panoramic ones of anyways, even though I don't have a tripod.

I'll let you guys know when I wake up after I get home :3
btw, still don't mean to hijack the thread, i'll provide lots of (hopefully) useful info to contribute when i'm back



it was still worth going, and fun; but i have to go back to get to the next arc :3

Last edited by kMisuzu; 2007-06-15 at 20:28. Reason: new reply
kMisuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.