AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-04-11, 18:58   Link #1
rman0099
On my nut

u torrent gone stupid!

Recently u torrent has begun to act wierd on me and I can't figure out what the problem is. When I start up u torrent it usually picks up the seeds/peers info for the torrents on the list. It will begin to dl normal but after awhile (~20-30 min) the arrow will go red and still dl or upload. The status will say "offline (timeout)." If I shut down u torrent, wait 15-20 sec, then restart all of the torrents will be back to blue arrows.

It doesn't so much matter for the torrents it connected to at startup since it will retain these connection, dl, and upload to 100%. The problem comes when it tries to connect to one of the torrents in the que. Those torrents will immediately begin as red arrows and won't dl. Its like u torrent loses all seed/peer info for all torrents and then won't find them again. As I said before, shutting it down and restarting the program will fix this. But its annoying, especially when you want to get some downloading and uploading done over night. Any ideas on how to fix this?

For some background: I updated u torrent about 2-3 weeks ago to try to fix the problem. It helped for a bit and now its back to losing tracker info and not connecting.
Homer: Batman's a scientist?!
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 04:08   Link #2
DWKnight
Torrent Goon

Send a message via ICQ to DWKnight Send a message via AIM to DWKnight Send a message via MSN to DWKnight Send a message via Yahoo to DWKnight
Sounds like you have adjusted either connection limits or halfopen limits to unfriendly values for your settings.

Microsoft tends to like to reset the halfopen limit in tcpip.sys
Old 2007-05-08, 12:30   Link #3
ortadragoon

The exact same thing has happend to me =(
ortadragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 22:57   Link #4
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

usually this occurs when you are being firewalled, happens to me sometimes if i use the netgear wireless connection at my house.

why dont u delete utorrent and get a fresh reinstall of the current version see if that helps.

you did not move the files from their original dowload locations did you?
also your ISP is also not banned on certain tracker sites *cough,* right.
Old 2007-05-08, 23:09   Link #5
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Out of curiosity, where are you guys from? because here in Malaysia, we get those error because of our monopolizying TMNuts that choking torrents..

Try googling for privoxy. Mind you, it wont deal with the slow download speed problem (ie, your download speed will still like sh!t if its sh!tty before).. but you'll be able to connect and keep your connection to the trackers.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 01:43   Link #6
Leonhart
ReincarnatioN™

yeah...maybe your isp blocked it....

*i also m'sian....so, even tm net seems reduce the torrent connection. but there is no choice...just have to stand of it...T_T...