AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-06, 19:52   Link #621
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Amber/Bai - amber eyes, white one piece

Huang? I don't know, maybe the writer is playing with us here. His hair is brown, eyes are black, don't seem to have a favourite color in his wardrobe. Maybe it's taken from his real name, the chinese surname "Huang".
Amber and Bei are most likely different person.
We already saw Amber. Have yet to see Bei.

Huang is yellow, I think its personalized his love for money.
Old 2007-05-07, 01:58   Link #622
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

This arc began with the stark visuals a nice touch reminded me of Resident evil series The background score is nice eclectic ensemble of offbeat instruments which are used reminded me of D gray man OST 1 Seeing the last arc and this arc Hei is the embodiment of Gluttony as Shinoda said he will get a paunch by the time he hits 30s

Nice episode though it did leave a bitter sweet taste in the mouth better than the previous arc ending. If someone has posted the videos of OP&ED previously I apologize

* OP Theme Video :

Spoiler for vid:

* ED Theme Video :

Spoiler for Vid:

Old 2007-05-07, 12:05   Link #623
ssfsx17

What is the Apple laptop for? The guy it belongs to seems to be a little preoccupied with the turntables to be mixing the audio on the spot.
Old 2007-05-08, 09:05   Link #624
at1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssfsx17 View Post
What is the Apple laptop for? The guy it belongs to seems to be a little preoccupied with the turntables to be mixing the audio on the spot.
He used the program on it. I don't sure he used Ableton live or Traktor but I'm sure that he used it as sound module because he used the Korg pad to trigger the sound on laptop.

I think he's a kind of laptop symphony guy like BT.

Last edited by at1987; 2007-05-08 at 09:19. Reason: Add more info
Old 2007-05-08, 10:46   Link #625
cmage

So I finally got around to watching ep. 4 a few days ago (I wait for Shinsen), and I loved it. Bones has gotten much better at animating cars, IMO. Normally they scream CG to me, but these were beautiful. Love how they move, too. I also loved the animation on the flames. So...pretty...~

I don't normally notice music much in a show, but I really liked the music during the laboratory scene. I don't know how to describe it, since it's been a while since I watched the ep., but it was so perfect.
Old 2007-05-08, 10:56   Link #626
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
This arc began with the stark visuals a nice touch reminded me of Resident evil series The background score is nice eclectic ensemble of offbeat instruments which are used reminded me of D gray man OST 1 Seeing the last arc and this arc Hei is the embodiment of Gluttony as Shinoda said he will get a paunch by the time he hits 30s

Nice episode though it did leave a bitter sweet taste in the mouth better than the previous arc ending. If someone has posted the videos of OP&ED previously I apologize

* OP Theme Video :

Spoiler for vid:

* ED Theme Video :

Spoiler for Vid:

I like how the guitar players SUNAO and Hiroshi Shibasaki are right there and they show the importance of his their riffs to the song. I've found that lately in all forms of music there's been to much of a focus on the cult of personality surrounding the lead singer and while T.M Revolution is a great singer here, it's nice to see that his backup is getting just as much respect for his contribution to the song. I remember when we used to know the names of the individual band members of a group, but now I think we'd be hard pressed to name a single person other than the singer in any given act since we're never really told who they are. Idol-Pop anybody, Yui Horie's music for example, who plays the drums there, who plays the Guitar's, I don't know maybe it's time we knew who they were.

All said and done, I'm looking forward to whatever Abingdon Boys Schools next song will be. It would suck if they split quickly like a lot of the Idol groups seem to.
Old 2007-05-08, 14:46   Link #627
wao
OK.

Hi guys. Scans from early release of Newtype and Animage, finally. A bit slow since... I'm actually doing other work... wow.

Spoiler:

Now it's time for spoilers/information.

FIRST. 3rd and 4th pages of Animage contain some explanation of the key words, so hopefully this clears up some questions (and my own misunderstandings.) Here's some that are not 'duh'...

Spoiler for save space:

Now for a little bit relating to the arc of ep 5/6, nothing really very spoilery. Hei used to live where?

Spoiler:

And about 9/10 (eh? Why nothing on 7/8, you wonder? Well maybe they're just one-off characters... but yes, it's the Comedy Episodes of the show. Lighten up! I bet you it's all a joke. Or whatever! Laugh! Because it goes back to SRS BIZNIS after that! The preview text for it is pretty much exactly the same as what was translated earlier )

Includes the preview text for 9/10.
Spoiler:

And the episode credits. I laugh for two reasons. You figure out why if you want.

Spoiler for save space:

Why do I have this strange feeling about episode 10...

Last edited by wao; 2007-05-08 at 16:06.
Old 2007-05-08, 19:03   Link #628
evil-samurai

I'm alot more Interesting in this Arc xD then the last one, which wasn't bad but I didn't think it was that great compared to alot of other people. Got to love November, as soon as I heard his voice, I was thinking what the hell is Kakashi doing here ? He has the Intelligence and the smooth looks as him too.

Were finding out more out about the characters and plot, and some of these contractors are lucky, drinking alcohol as payment is easy though it would Suck to have to smoke >.> The episode itself was great but its going to be interesting how they will finish it off since they have brought up alot of things like Hei's sister which will not get resolved just in one episode. The "what happened during that time" has me really Interested Since it might be one of the key events in the series, we maybe could even get flashbacks of it.

Whats Hei doing to that poor girl, Mai is lucky she didn't know anything then ^^; Well whatever it looks like in the pre-view I'm sure it wont turn out to look that bad for Hei.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient View Post
I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but it dawned on me that the girl from the very beginning of the first episode that stood on the edge of a lake could very well be Hei's little sister. She had the same hair color and there was a telescope in that brief scene too.
I think you might be right there, the stargazing + telescope plus the hair. I paid it no thought other then thinking it was Chiaki just after watching the first episode. Plus I don't think that Amber is Hei's sister more likely she is a means for him to find out where she is... or to find more information.. The way Hei looks at Amber in the opening right at the end looks like she isn't welcomed.

Thanks for the scans Wao but I'll pass on the spoilers for now.

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2007-05-08 at 19:18.
Old 2007-05-08, 20:40   Link #629
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Spoiler for Wao's Animage-derived Info:

Well gee, talk about misleading comments by Tahara (Mai's Dad...)... totally had me fooled since he was supposed to be a leading researcher on Gate-related stuff and all. Thanks for the info!
Old 2007-05-08, 20:41   Link #630
Joojoobees

Episode 5
Another very interesting episode. One of those that had me so into what was happening, that I was surprised when the ED theme started.

Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2007-05-08, 21:32   Link #631
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Intriguing episode, the organizations finally coming to surface (i.e: Pandora, Mi6, Hei's own organization). Judging by this, it does seem like Contractors are widely used especially among the spooks.

I feel quite sad looking at Havoc/Carmine, it seems her life and her mind is all used up by organizations that sees her nothing more than a tool. Last story arc, we saw the birth of a contractor and this arc we get to see the end of one.

November and April sure makes a good pair. One controls weather (haha, reminds me of Storm from X-Men) and another freezes stuff he touch). Huang shows that he isn't just a pencil pusher by hijacking Havoc (i didn't expect him to be involved in field work).

edit: Ah, also events like War of the Heavens. I hope they ll shed some more information on events like this. I would guess it's probably the first war that involves Contractor seeing how their power are connected to the stars (heaven). I enjoy stuff like these in anime.

Beautiful background art are just pictures but little bits and pieces of information turns em into believable alternate world for the viewers.

Last edited by Jazzrat; 2007-05-08 at 21:43.
Old 2007-05-08, 21:36   Link #632
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post

Spoiler for episode 5:
I was thinking the exact same thing when November starting kicking butt.

Anyway, excellent episode. My only disappointment was that Hei was only in a few scenes. ;_; I understand that he needed to be taken out of the picture to advance the plot though. Havoc's occupation is very sad; not because it's a societal taboo but it's because she looks so empty as a person. I'm looking forward to some background history on her.

April has a very unique character design; I applaud the DTB animators for that as well.

Next week is going to be great!
Old 2007-05-08, 22:19   Link #633
lightbringer
M9000

Rather than a taboo, let's say that it's the second-oldest profession on Earth. Nothing wrong with it
Old 2007-05-09, 00:24   Link #634
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Sounds like we won't be seeing Amber anytime soon...sigh..
Old 2007-05-09, 01:45   Link #635
DangerMouse

This episode 5 and 6 arc, is shaping up to be another great arc. The new cast members are very interesting additions and I hope we learn more about Havoc and that she isn't done yet after these two episodes she must have a very involving past.

More great music in ep5 as well.

In the second Newtype scan it's impressive how accurately they did that setting background with the building and the bridge, from episode 2 where they placed the big action scene.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2007-05-09 at 02:45.
Old 2007-05-09, 05:11   Link #636
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 5.

Huzzah! The first hint of characterization for Hei. It's good to know that he (and the gang) won't just be there as devices to facilitate the stories, but will actually be something more than that... with any amount of luck, actual characters with actual backgrounds and emotions.

Not that I'd totally mind if this was just episodic story after episodic story that all followed the same formula of Hei interacting with women (and they have all been women so far) affected by these narly powers in one form or another, since they've all been fairly interesting. This one included. And it was interesting to see that much of this ep was told from the point from Kirihara and her group. Although, certainly, the whole theme of them being normal humans surrounded by contractors (as someone mentioned earlier) is something that can really be explored deeper (and I hope it will be).

Man, some of the music in this show is quite awesome. The jazz piece in the action scene at the beginning deserves special mention. Although, on the technical side of things, this show has been pretty close to flawless to date... although that's pretty much expected from Bones.

Overall, good stuff. I'm digging this show more and more with each passing ep.
Old 2007-05-09, 05:16   Link #637
Wosho128
I like tinkering on stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Rather than a taboo, let's say that it's the second-oldest profession on Earth. Nothing wrong with it
Haha, you have a point.
Old 2007-05-09, 10:05   Link #638
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

hmm... looks like hei and carmine knew each other for a long time...
Old 2007-05-09, 12:39   Link #639
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
looking back at ep 5 this idea just hit me ~
Spoiler:

november sure is a cool character...and even at times i keep getting this thought of him playing the bad guy role ~ its not going to be pretty when he and hei clash >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-09, 18:20   Link #640
Kisuke06
I see...

Episode 5 was great! At least now we now a little more about Hei(I wonder if his sister is that girl with green hair at then end of the OP...).

Well, I'm waiting to see Brazil and this Heaven's Gate later in this show.

Tags
action, supernatural