AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-11, 11:01   Link #101
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Not going to happen anytime soon, but it is okay if I did something a little different and post, let's say...universe/country/situational creation instead?

Something like...the Rise and Fall of the Belkan Empire, or the Lost Belkan Empire of the Deserts.

Yup, made-up stuff, but reinforcing fiction goes a long way back. :P

And I kinda wanna do something different after doing the 2 GGGs.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-11, 11:06   Link #102
Meophist

edit: What the…? I didn't press submit yet.
Old 2007-05-11, 11:06   Link #103
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

If I had time, I'd gladly do something like that...I already have drafts for the entire history of the evolution of Midchildan magic

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-11, 11:55   Link #104
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Although there is more evidence to support the latter, since reading through the text, there's no real link between training, and the energy drain.

And I believe we're going OT here sure enough.

And to return to this topic's original purpose, here's Part II of Kay's Spell list:

Spoiler for Length:
Hmm... Something from reading 97th Far East Sector humor drawings? for Engrish.
Quote:
If I had time, I'd gladly do something like that...I already have drafts for the entire history of the evolution of Midchildan magic
Then we'll definitely have several conflicting accounts of history, for I'm pretty sure mine would look very different from everyone else, and everyone else wouldn't agree with the others. But that'll be nice, we can come up with a unified verified complete account of Nanohaverse that we all can use, and when enough ppl use it, it'll be recognized as true history!

Mwahahahaha...!

Did I look like I had Ultra Director on my sleeve? Oh no!
Old 2007-05-11, 12:15   Link #105
Meophist

There's about equal evidence both ways as to the Raising Heart drain debate, but if anywhere, it should go into the Magic and Technology thread.

…I guess I'll post something.
Spoiler for Device:
…I'll try to type more later as my brain is dead right now.
Old 2007-05-11, 12:33   Link #106
Aaron008R

Okay. I'm going to post my creation that I've been mulling about in quite a few months now.
Here:
Spoiler for for length:

Whew. I'll post more information about him tomorrow or the day after.

@LoweGear: OMG, Lowegear! Your going to make Fate a non-blood-related sister? In any case, I like how Kay went out. And the triple AI's personalities are amusing to imagine. And her style is very unique in execution. nice work.

@Nightengale: Man, you've really given Graham jii-san an exciting past. The broken lovelife is sounding epic. Not to mention the interesting characters you've made. In any case, are you planning to write a fanfic about this? If so, I'll be really looking forward to it.

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-05-13 at 11:02.
Old 2007-05-11, 12:57   Link #107
azuma-blade
The Dominant

Send a message via Yahoo to azuma-blade
i supposed it's time for to create my own character ^^

Name: Azuma-Blade
Nick Name: Blade
Hairstyle: Long
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue (Normal) Red (When gone Berserk)
Alignment: Neutral
Position in TSAB: TSAB armed forces special response team (former)
Personality: Silent, Not very talkative but always giving best options when in battle
Device Name: Galeon
Device Type: Armor (known as the Barrier Armor)
Device Form: Bracelet
Magic style: Unknown
Magic Color: Gold
Barrier Armor Forms: Fighting Form and Genesic Form (The Genesic form is galeons full drive)
Combat Style: Specialized in Hand to Hand Combat
Mage Rank: Unknown (maybe SSS :P)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offensive Spells:

(fighting form)

Vacuum Magnum: Blade's right arm armor spins at amazing speeds and then launches an air cannon through the enemy.(similar to subaru's revolver knuckle)

Strike drill: With his right drill knee spinning, blade uses his right knee armor and charges into the enemy breaking their shield spells

Plasma Net: With hands outstretched, blade can catch opposing forces with plasma energy and toss them about with great force.

Hell and Heaven: Blade's Final Blow. It's method is to utilize all of the destructive energy in the right hand to blast through the enemy and all of the protective energies of the left hand to grasp the enemies core and purifies them. This attack is very stressful to the user and can cause permanent damage through excessive usage. The words blades mumbles before the attack are "Gemu Giru Gan Goh Gufo" (yeah it's the same as gaogaigar ^^)

(genesic form)

Genesic barrier: An barrier of pure power that repels enemies.

Straight Drill (right knee armor): This drill knee strike with a more jack-hammer effect, doing a shockwave damage effect.

Strike Drill (left knee armor): This is a more normal drill knee strike, with the spinning and the tearing.

Knight Dagger (tail): Unlike the Fighting form before it, The Genesic form has a valid striking weapon meant for only one thing "cutting up the opposition". The Knight Dagger is a short dagger, but is housed in something like a foil's handgrip, completely covering the hand. It is created from the 1st section of it's tail, consisting only of the Head which transforms to become the Dagger. Apparently it can also be used to cut through/into Kuukan/Dimentional Spaces.

Genesic Hell and Heaven: Much like the original Hell and Heaven, but obviously a bit more powerful. In fact, it requires three pieces of it's tail (5th through 7th section) with then form massive claws over Genesic's hands. Still includes the unique 'gravity lock' effect that immobilizes the opponent, before Genesic rips out it's innards.

Defensive spells: (fighting and genesic form)

Barrier Shade: Blade holds forth his left hand and an invisible barrier forms. It is defense against both spell and projectile weapons, and can reflect some spell attacks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Background: Azuma Blade is a former TSAB armed forces "special response team", which, at the time of his membership, consisted of himself, Professor Ryuji Hibiki who created his device namely galeon, Blade has a natural bloodline ability called the berserker. The Berserker can be activated when blade's eye color changed from blue to red that can read enemy movement and attacks by looking at them and also it can perform varrious counter attacks on the enemy. Blade's only interest is in gaining strength, and has no interest in working with others if they cannot help him achieve this goal. While he does in time begin to break out of this shell, blade's quest for power countinues until he kills the person who killed his entire family Azuma-Lance and recover the remaining relics and protect the members of the TSAB Lost Logia Riot Force 6.

Childhood background: Much of Blade's childhood was spent living in the shadow of his older brother, Azuma-Lance, who had proven time and again that he was an extremely talented Mage. Because of Lance's successes, most of the members of the Azuma clan looked to lance as the clan's future, the biggest proponent of this idea being Blade's father, Azuma-Ryusei. Due to this focusing on Lance, Blade did what he could to prove himself to his family, though no amount of training could help him in surpassing the milestones set in place by his brother. Lance, aware of Blade's struggle for recognition, tried to shift some of their father's attention to Blade, even offering to train Blade in various fields of magic spells. Although Lance succeeded in getting Ryusei to spend more time with Blade, much of that time was still dedicated Lance, and all the while Lance never lived up to his promises of training Blade.

As time went by, Lance's standing in the clan began to falter, Lance becoming increasingly less dependable with tasks and constantly having his trustworthiness called into question. At this time, lance also began to create a more competitive relationship with Blade, challenging Blade to surpass him. Because of Lance's changing personality, Ryusei began to take a more active interest in Blade's development, teaching him the Hell and Heaven Technique in less time than Lance had taken to learn it, which also gave Blade a proper membership into the clan. Most prominently, Ryusei encouraged Blade to not follow in Lance's footsteps, the former prodigy of the clan having lost his father's confidence.

Soon after receiving the attention from his father that he had so yearned for, Blade returned home one day to find all the members of his clan dead, each murdered by Lance. After finding Lance standing over the bodies of their parents, Blade was forced to relive the murder of his parents through Lance's use of his Berserker. As Blade writhed from the visions he had seen, Blade informed him that he wasn't worth killing. As he left, lance repeated his encouragement to Blade to get strong enough to surpass him, and disappeared into the night. From that day forth, Blade lived as an orphan, longing for the parents that had been taken from him and allowing his brother's words to fester. Soon after the clan's annihilation, Blade's only goal in life became to gain power through any means necessary, then kill Lance to avenge the clan.

Last edited by azuma-blade; 2007-05-12 at 14:14.
Old 2007-05-11, 14:06   Link #108
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
I'm currently working on another character (the tsukkomi to Ivey's bokke, actually), and I realized that I pretty much have to make her rank A at least, for no reason other than I love to envision the characters flying.

It doesn't provide for any plot points (unless I choose to). It's not a highly essential part of the character. No, I just want to see the character fly, and for that, she has to be A-rank minimum.

It kind of skews the power levels a bit.

Random point: going back to the whole "Earth vs. Midchilda origin" thing, I'd like to create someone who came from Earth, non-Japan, but we have just one example of that (Gil Graham). And in StrikerS, apart from Nanoha and Hayate, we don't have anyone (shown onscreen yet) who actually came from Earth. I've been defaulting to "Midchilda" as a place of origin just to be safe from future canon contradictions.

I am, actually, kind of a canon perfectionist when it comes to writing fanfic. This was a habit from writing CCS fanfic and beta-reading it for others.

"No, see, this story cannot have been set on a weekend. You mention that Touya met Nakuru that day, but in the series, Nakuru was introduced to the class and latched on to Touya on the same day Eriol was introduced to Sakura's class. And the next day after that, Sakura was shown in school pondering about the mysterious rain. And the day after that, Sakura was absent from school due to overusing her magic."

"Dude, you just came up with all that from memory?"

"Yes, why?"

"That's far more deep geek than I've ever known."

I have a problem with making up something without canon evidence to support it. It doesn't have to be much canon evidence, but just something like "Yuuno was apparently transporting the Jewel Seeds alone, which means that either the Scrya tribe were not expecting any trouble, or he's seen to be competent enough to handle any problems. He is probably alone because he made absolutely no mention of lost comrades, and he doesn't seem the type to just shrug them off."

In that way, I can come up with a fictitious 57th Investigation Department, and still technically be in canon, but I live in the perpetual fear that this may get contradicted in some extra information supplement not in the anime. (Like Kha's experience with the novels, which I knew nothing about prior to this thread.) It doesn't even have to be a direct contradiction of "the 57th department is Administrative, not Investigative", but more of "the 30th to 70th departments are more like Marines rather than detectives", which may leave some wiggle room, but using said wiggle room feels contrived.

I'm not sure if I should be waiting until StrikerS finishes airing to start my fanfic. It looks like we'll have a huge amount of plot revelations to come, and it may be getting far too involved and twisty for anything other than light fluff one-shots if I involve the canon cast.
Old 2007-05-11, 14:16   Link #109
Meophist

I don't think there's anything saying that a character must be rank A or higher in order to fly. I think what was mentioned that it's difficult to fly unless the mage is rank A or higher.
Old 2007-05-11, 15:11   Link #110
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Hmm... Something from reading 97th Far East Sector humor drawings? for Engrish.

Then we'll definitely have several conflicting accounts of history, for I'm pretty sure mine would look very different from everyone else, and everyone else wouldn't agree with the others. But that'll be nice, we can come up with a unified verified complete account of Nanohaverse that we all can use, and when enough ppl use it, it'll be recognized as true history!

Mwahahahaha...!

Did I look like I had Ultra Director on my sleeve? Oh no!
That would depend... my unwritten draft is on the general history of Midchilda magic evolution, much like how'd you'd read it out of a basic reference history textbook or so. But it does go on to explain how Midchild magic evolved from using leaves as a medium to Lost Logia and current intelligent devices.

But yeah, if we make it so it sticks to known canon while leaving enough imaginative room, then people might mistake it for canon history...

@Aaron:
Aurion's interactions with the main cast seem believable considering what he's role is... as oji-chan Nice job there And thanks for the comment on Kay

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-05-11, 20:22   Link #111
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Although there is more evidence to support the latter, since reading through the text, there's no real link between training, and the energy drain.

And I believe we're going OT here sure enough.

And to return to this topic's original purpose, here's Part II of Kay's Spell list:

Spoiler for Length:
ah-hah! I can see Liquefaction among the spells. =3

Quote:
Correcting the grammar using what I've learned for that dead language, the summons becomes:

hic sub animo inconsessi
ego uoco te exorire
inflecte pro mihi et temerarire meas uoces,
te enim, cui illa signum solvo
suscitati, et fi quos te verum esse

It's all supposed to be in caps as there's no lower case in Latin, and only names have a special case, which here does not mention a name therefore we don't have to worry about that.

This was done with me and my friend, a fellow Meddie. He's better at Latin than I am, even though we both took the module.
yaay, thank you! <3 <3 <3

BTW, Kha, it's Leopold G******

Last edited by USB500; 2007-05-11 at 22:17.
Old 2007-05-11, 20:59   Link #112
Pheonixfyre
Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
-For Kria, the strangest aspect of your character is, to me, the fact that Gigantus seems to work in the direct oposite of any other ID. Now, I'm not sure if you're familiar with the manga (correct me if I'm wrong) but normally Intelligent Devices 'drain' the magical energies emanating from their users. I'm not quite sure of the 'why' myself either -my personal theory is that they use it as their powersource- but to see an intelligent device actually give energy comes of as, well, odd. There's nothing wrong with it, mind you, but a bit more indept explanation as to how it works differently would be cool.
I'm familiar with the manga, and I purposely created Gigantus like that. I wanted Gigantus to be overpowered, since I was originally planning on giving Gigantus to a power-mad mage.

But after Kria was born, I changed my idea around and gave Gigantus a handicap, the idea being that in order for Gigantus to generate all that power, Kria had to sacrifice the control aspects. Kria probably figured that if she had trouble controlling the power given off by Gigantus, she could just tone it down a little to add in some more control, but since she never had any trouble, she never changed it. As for where the energy comes from, the general idea I had was that it worked something like Nanoha's Starlight Breaker, in that it gathers left over magical energy from the surround area, although at a much slower rate so as to be almost unnoticable and not affecting nearby spells and mages. I don't want it to be a vampiric device after all.

Now, I finally created my antagonist as well, after much typing.

Spoiler for Hino Tori:

Now, there's a lot more to Hino Tori, but I haven't written it all down. This is partially because I lost a lot of information a few weeks ago due to a partial erase, and its taking time to recreate it from memory.

And as a note, although Hino Tori's name is Japanese, it is said like an English name, in that the family name is second and the person's name is first. And yes, her name being done by like this is an important yet irrelevant part of her background.
Old 2007-05-11, 21:26   Link #113
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I am, actually, kind of a canon perfectionist when it comes to writing fanfic. This was a habit from writing CCS fanfic and beta-reading it for others.

"No, see, this story cannot have been set on a weekend. You mention that Touya met Nakuru that day, but in the series, Nakuru was introduced to the class and latched on to Touya on the same day Eriol was introduced to Sakura's class. And the next day after that, Sakura was shown in school pondering about the mysterious rain. And the day after that, Sakura was absent from school due to overusing her magic."

"Dude, you just came up with all that from memory?"

"Yes, why?"

"That's far more deep geek than I've ever known."

I have a problem with making up something without canon evidence to support it. It doesn't have to be much canon evidence, but just something like "Yuuno was apparently transporting the Jewel Seeds alone, which means that either the Scrya tribe were not expecting any trouble, or he's seen to be competent enough to handle any problems. He is probably alone because he made absolutely no mention of lost comrades, and he doesn't seem the type to just shrug them off."

In that way, I can come up with a fictitious 57th Investigation Department, and still technically be in canon, but I live in the perpetual fear that this may get contradicted in some extra information supplement not in the anime. (Like Kha's experience with the novels, which I knew nothing about prior to this thread.) It doesn't even have to be a direct contradiction of "the 57th department is Administrative, not Investigative", but more of "the 30th to 70th departments are more like Marines rather than detectives", which may leave some wiggle room, but using said wiggle room feels contrived.

I'm not sure if I should be waiting until StrikerS finishes airing to start my fanfic. It looks like we'll have a huge amount of plot revelations to come, and it may be getting far too involved and twisty for anything other than light fluff one-shots if I involve the canon cast.
OMG dkellis... I forgot about that bit... But I'm a bit lazy to go freshen up my CCS knowledge after so many fruitless posts in that section of FF.net.

Yeah you won't believe how much changed when StrikerS came out. For now I'm sticking to the short FileS series, but I guess I should just drop the related to the past hints in there. Then again, it was mostly a crossover series so it's hard to be taken seriously there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I don't think there's anything saying that a character must be rank A or higher in order to fly. I think what was mentioned that it's difficult to fly unless the mage is rank A or higher.
Ah... You're a lifesaver! Looks like the B+ ranks can be valid for good flyers with no teeth and bad flyers with quite some bite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonixfyre View Post
I'm familiar with the manga, and I purposely created Gigantus like that. I wanted Gigantus to be overpowered, since I was originally planning on giving Gigantus to a power-mad mage.

But after Kria was born, I changed my idea around and gave Gigantus a handicap, the idea being that in order for Gigantus to generate all that power, Kria had to sacrifice the control aspects. Kria probably figured that if she had trouble controlling the power given off by Gigantus, she could just tone it down a little to add in some more control, but since she never had any trouble, she never changed it. As for where the energy comes from, the general idea I had was that it worked something like Nanoha's Starlight Breaker, in that it gathers left over magical energy from the surround area, although at a much slower rate so as to be almost unnoticable and not affecting nearby spells and mages. I don't want it to be a vampiric device after all.

Now, I finally created my antagonist as well, after much typing.

Spoiler for Hino Tori:

Now, there's a lot more to Hino Tori, but I haven't written it all down. This is partially because I lost a lot of information a few weeks ago due to a partial erase, and its taking time to recreate it from memory.

And as a note, although Hino Tori's name is Japanese, it is said like an English name, in that the family name is second and the person's name is first. And yes, her name being done by like this is an important yet irrelevant part of her background.
*applause*

Original magic there. Reminds me of the tattoos the Maori scribe onto themselves crossed with the one Fye Springfield had. Really cool, and much of her is a captivating mystery indeed. But her emotion magic is rather familiar. "Dr Jackel" of Get Backers?
Old 2007-05-11, 22:17   Link #114
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Currently working on Annabelle's Storage Devices. I need help on French translations on the Devices' speech (can't always rely on online translator). Here are some of the speeches:
  • "Yes, master."
  • "Affirmative."
  • "(insert name), ready."
  • "Negative."
  • "Give us command."
  • "We are ready."
  • "Target identified."
  • "Aborting operation."
  • "Cannot acknowledge order."

Some others are very much welcomed. =3
Old 2007-05-11, 22:55   Link #115
Pheonixfyre
Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Quote:
Original magic there. Reminds me of the tattoos the Maori scribe onto themselves crossed with the one Fye Springfield had. Really cool, and much of her is a captivating mystery indeed. But her emotion magic is rather familiar. "Dr Jackel" of Get Backers?
Nope, never seen Get Backers before. Emotion Magic is something I made up, and unlike what Hino uses, it's not just limited to the emotion of hate. I created many different brances of Emotion Magic for all the emotions I could think of, each having their own spells and powers.
Old 2007-05-12, 01:48   Link #116
Aaron008R

Quote:
@Aaron:
Aurion's interactions with the main cast seem believable considering what he's role is... as oji-chan Nice job there And thanks for the comment on Kay
No problem, and I also thank you for bothering to read my character's profile.

@Pheonixfyre: Nice character you've got there. As far as I know, tattoos are rarely used instrunments for combat in the several media I've seen. And her personality is nicely fitting as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Okay. I'm going to post my creation that I've been mulling about in quite a few months now.
Here:
Spoiler for for length:

Whew. I'll post more information about him tomorrow or the day after.
Time for a continuation:

Spoiler for for part two:

Whew, just a few more details...

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-05-13 at 10:59.
Old 2007-05-12, 02:11   Link #117
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
No problem, and I also thank you for bothering to read my character's profile.

@Pheonixfyre: Nice character you've got there. As far as I know, tattoos are rarely used instrunments for combat in the several media I've seen. And her personality is nicely fitting as well.

Time for a continuation:

Funny how Oji-chan sounds exactly like you. And I'm thinking of him raising his arm into Shooting Moe and yelling "Charged Shot-to!" Sounds very Kyon to me too. Maybe Aurion could be the Tsukkomi to Ivey's bokke. So far I think I like your character best in terms of design and personality.

As for me, the background description of Kha's early childhood is ready. Personally I liked this new one better, as I nerfed much more believability into him this time round instead of doing things tongue in cheek. Darco the spoiler's multamultamulta times shorter this round so please help me check if it still contradicts canon again. Actually, if anyone do spot an error please point it out. Thank you!

Spoiler for Pre-season 1: Point of Light:

Contrary to what it seems, my forum name was based on Kha and not the other way round. Just thought I'd clarify myself.
Old 2007-05-12, 03:13   Link #118
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
Time for a continuation:

Interesting. I like the relationship details the best; funny that the Belkan Knights are against him for the most of the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Currently working on Annabelle's Storage Devices. I need help on French translations on the Devices' speech (can't always rely on online translator). Here are some of the speeches:
  • "Yes, master."
  • "Affirmative."
  • "(insert name), ready."
  • "Negative."
  • "Give us command."
  • "We are ready."
  • "Target identified."
  • "Aborting operation."
  • "Cannot acknowledge order."

Some others are very much welcomed. =3
wow, nobody notices? ;o

Anyway, here are links for those who are lazy browsing through the pages (there are updates in the profiles, though):

I thought the incantation scene for Hikki would be awesome if it has appropriate theme song (I already have one for him: Summer 3rd Movement). I'd like to hear your thoughts on your character(s)'s themes.
Old 2007-05-12, 03:34   Link #119
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Wow, lots of new profiles here.

@ Phoenixfyre: Certainly more villains are in order here, and those Tattoo spells are certainly interesting to imagine in action, reminds me of one of the villains in Elektra. Can't comment much on the Emotion spells though, more background would be in order. But definitely doing a good job on creating a bloodthirsty villain.

@Aaron008R: While I am getting a bit uneasy at the way Aurion is getting a bit TOO familiar with the Aces, at least you gave him the proper timeline to do so (and I think the Wolkenritter would keep him nicely in check ).

Quote:
blush about almost everything outside of battles,
Melike that line

@Kha: Reading through the entire profile makes me wish you did write the remaining 9,500 words of the novella Sucks how Kha was unwittingly performing sabotage there...

And btw, Aurion's "Shooting Moe"? A weapon that overwhelms the enemy with cuteness by transforming his arm into Midori Kusagano? :P :P :P

Old 2007-05-12, 03:50   Link #120
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
And btw, Aurion's "Shooting Moe"? A weapon that overwhelms the enemy with cuteness by transforming his arm into Midori Kusagano? :P :P :P
I can never imagine that to happen....

Kha, your post reminds me of Anakin Skywalker's rage over her mother's death. I don't know why.

Hmm... should contribute more characters in the future
Closed Thread