AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2004-02-05, 05:31   Link #1
SomeName
~ notoriously off topic ~

Miss All Sunday's powers *spoiler*

Does anybody else out there think that Robin's really under using her powers? She can form body parts anywhere... for most of the opponents we've seen I can imagine multiple ways of her easily dealing with them. How bout forming a hand in their throat and suffocating them. Or form an arm in their stomachs and beat up their internal organs. Or forms a whole bunch in there until their body bursts. The gory possibilities are endless.

It seems to me like Oda's keeping her out of most of fights because most of the time she'd handle the opponent so easily. Anybody else have this some impression?
SomeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 07:31   Link #2
Kaze23114

professional

she is a pro assassin any pro assassin wouldn't do all the gory stuff since they are pros they will be neat little people get the job done nice and neat with no evidence and leave.. besides choking someone.. they still have a chance to live

that and I think she can only use her powers on teh outside not in the inside
Kaze23114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 10:21   Link #3
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
No, there are a lot of enemies who can easily beat her.
Smoker, Ace, Crocodile and Eneru. She doesn't stand a chance against any of them if she uses only her raw power.

The ultimate power, IMO, seems to be Donquixote DoFlamingo's. He can control people, and make them kill themselves.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 10:39   Link #4
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Yes Vicious-san read till 308 he was saying Eneru was the best oooooo :fingers:
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 11:02   Link #5
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Yes Vicious-san read till 308 he was saying Eneru was the best oooooo :fingers:
I never said he is the best.
I just said he was the strongest till chapter 296- but now that we know DoFlamingo's true powers, looks like he's almost invincible (only a strong will may be able to beat him). And also Major "Blue Pheasant" (Ao Kiji), looks like he kicks major ass
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 11:18   Link #6
Sethi
StormRider

Actually Vicious against the four you refered due to the fact all of them ate a Logia Fruit almost anyone doesn't stand a change, im starting to think that Logia fruits are a bit too much powerful, Against Eneru if Luffy wasn't Rubber he would have been charcoal by now.
Also im anxious to see what kind of power that Major Ao Kiji has, i mean the guy travels grand line in a bicycle how sick is that.
Sethi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-05, 11:26   Link #7
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

robin cant grow her body parts somewhere she cant see. I believe if she cant see the inside of a persons body she cant grow things there.
Old 2004-02-05, 11:44   Link #8
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
The logia fruits aren't that powerful. Luffy's defeated 2 of them already. Not just Ener(u?) who was at a disadvantage against luffy. Zoro is also correct, Robin can't grow her hands anywhere she can't see, although i think she does under use her powers. She could easily kill most non-logia fruit people without any difficulty. Also, about Doflamingo, its not known A) whether he DOES have a devil fruit and B) what the requirements are for controlling people. It appears that he controls them like a puppet with strings though.
Old 2004-02-05, 11:58   Link #9
Nine Devil

well Vicious-san you know shonen there is always someone stronger than Doflamingo
Old 2004-02-05, 12:43   Link #10
Sethi
StormRider

El Diablo are you kidding Logia Fruits aren't that powerful?
Until now all the people we saw with Logia Ones Could destroy Cities, Ships Or in Ener case Islands with a single blow, not to mention that up until now each logia only appears to have one weakness and if you don't figure that weakness, fighting a logia user isn't even an option, that's a bit much compared with the paramecia or zoan fruits.
The fact that Luffy could actually defeat two of them makes Luffy all the more impressive, even Robin couldn't do anything to Croc, despite knowing his weakness.
Old 2004-02-05, 16:49   Link #11
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
How about i rephrase that, the logia fruits are insanely powerful, but only as strong as the user? :P. Anyway, i personally don't think they're ALL that. Yes, they're the most powerful of the devil fruits, but i don't believe that they'll only have 1 weakness. There'll be others, otherwise i can't see how luffy is going to get around people like Smoker.
Old 2004-02-05, 16:55   Link #12
Nine Devil

Well we only assume.We must actually say something like logia is the strongest and invincible after we saw the full power of Whitebeard,Shanks,Mihawk and Aoiji Kiji.
Old 2004-02-05, 17:08   Link #13
Sethi
StormRider

I think is going to get around smoker pretty much the same way he went around Croc, Using other thing to nullify the power of Smoke.
I hope Whitebeard, Shanks, Mihawk and some more of the strongest fighters didn't ate a fruit, because until all the strongest we have seen all ate a fruit.
Also it would be nice for a Logia user to join the crew since it's the only fruit that misses in the crew.
Old 2004-02-05, 17:27   Link #14
Nine Devil

well we know that shanks didn't and it seems like tha all powerfull guyz didn't eat it.
Old 2004-02-09, 17:20   Link #15
SomeName
~ notoriously off topic ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoro
robin cant grow her body parts somewhere she cant see. I believe if she cant see the inside of a persons body she cant grow things there.
I don't remember it that clearly, but in the last arc when one of the crew fell through the clouds, Luffy shot his arm down and Robin spawned a bunch of eyes all over his arm. Kinda freaky looking, but very creative usage of her powers. If I recall correctly.. Luffy's arm was burried in the clouds before she created the eyes on them (ie. she couldn't see his arm, but was able to create eyes on them). After which, she was able to create arms on his arm... and grab the fallen crewmate.

Even if she can't create body parts where she can't see.. it's not too much of a limitation since she could just spawn a chain of eyes. Say some pirate starts talking.. spawn an eye at the back of his throat, that one can see down his throat. Now spawn one further down.. etc.

There were also times when Robin created arms on an opponent's back to hold the opponent's arms in place. She couldn't have seen the guy's back...

I didn't mean to imply that she could beat the likes of Eneru, Smoker and Crocodile.. but for most of the pirates we've seen, I think she could handle them without breaking a sweat. There seem to be so many useful applications of her powers that she doesn't use. See an enemy ship in the distance? Great.. create a chain of eyes on it that lead down to some storage room. Find some matches with the eyes, create a hand, light the gun powder... done. Or find some tools, and punch a bunch of holes in the ship... done.
SomeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-09, 18:13   Link #16
wnkryo
HainShodan

This is alittle off topic, but not really; doesn't miss "All Sunday" name sound alittle funny . Like she can do "something" "All Sunday" long...