AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-08, 11:53   Link #1
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Action/Romance

I've run out of anime to watch, so I thought I'd ask for some suggestions. I feel like a mix of action and romance, two examples being Shakugan no SHANA and Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~

Thanks in advance
Old 2007-05-08, 12:43   Link #2
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Erementar Gerad - adventure/romance/fantasy
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora - adventure/fantasy/romance
Fate/Stay night - action/fantasy/some romance
Busou Renkin - action/some romance
Good Witch Of The West - adventure/fantasy/romance
Zero no Tsukaima - adventure/fantasy/romance
Mai-HiME - action/fantasy/some romance

Also try the recently started Kaze no Stigma and Romeo x Juliet
Old 2007-05-08, 12:50   Link #3
EdenB
Overlord

2x2 = Shinobuden is kind of Action/romance/humour. Humour moreso than anything though, so it doesn't seem like what you're looking for.

Sola is Action/romance/drama, as it Kanon. Sola has more action though, but it's still not a lot.

Triangle Heart is only four episodes long and only hints of romance are given, but that'd come under this too.

Negima!? would count too, but it's less of a serious series. Mahou Sensei Negima the original series would count more, but it's licenced now.
Old 2007-05-08, 13:01   Link #4
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB View Post
Sola is Action/romance/drama, as it Kanon.
I don't know that I would consider Kanon an action series, unless you consider being chased down the street by an irate taiyaki dealer to be action. (Admittedly, there is a bit of action during the Mai story arc, but that is such a minor component of the series I hardly think it counts.)

Tsukihime, Lunar Legend might qualify. It's got some good action and a definite romance. It's about how a high school boy with a disturbing ability becomes involved in a mysterious woman's figth against an evil vampire.
Old 2007-05-08, 14:32   Link #5
gomez999

inuyasha might qualify and keep you busy for a while. Kanon is like not really action.. I also like to second on Kaze No Stigma and fate stay night which is awesome.

~gomez
Old 2007-05-08, 16:18   Link #6
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
second Fate Stay/Night (biased.. one of my fave ), Zero no Tsukaima, Erementar Gerad also Mai-hime....

just adding

Tsubasa Chronicles ---->TRC season 2 ~ about a group travelling across dimension etc...
Chrno Crusade ~ story about a nun befriended a demon....
Utawarerumono ~ story about a person who lost his memory etc...
Rurouni Kenshin (OVA) trust and Betrayal ~ about an ordinary boy becoming a legendary assasin...
Full Metal Panic ---> Fumoffu ---> FMP TSR ~ if you don't mind mecha... this is a nice one...
Old 2007-05-08, 17:11   Link #7
DSJFX18
Destiny

Basilisk, the Romeo and Juliet of anime.
Old 2007-05-11, 10:09   Link #8
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Thanks for your suggestions everyone, this should keep me occupied for a while ^^
Old 2007-05-12, 14:28   Link #9
Happy_Vampire
Junior Vamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJFX18 View Post
Basilisk, the Romeo and Juliet of anime.
I would suggest Romeo x Juliet its ongoing and is shaping up to have a great story. And is more fitting to have the title of the Romeo and Juliet of anime.
Old 2007-05-12, 15:40   Link #10
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
I don't know that I would consider Kanon an action series, unless you consider being chased down the street by an irate taiyaki dealer to be action. (Admittedly, there is a bit of action during the Mai story arc, but that is such a minor component of the series I hardly think it counts.)
As said, only a tiny bit of action. It did have action in most Mai episodes though. I was trying to think of unlicenced ones though, which seems difficult.

Another suggestion would be Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - StrikerS (the third series) kind of. It's more action with undertones of romance in the background.

There's also Koi Koi 7 which is very much action/romance, but has a lot of pointless nudity sort of humour.
Closed Thread