AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-02-09, 18:01   Link #1
JecKeL
Captain JecKeL
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to JecKeL
New Anime

I am looking for a new anime to watch. I like anime's like Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Berserk, etc. No guns or hi-tech stuff.

Any suggestions?
__________________
JecKeL is offline  
Old 2004-02-09, 18:54   Link #2
Hisoka44
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by //\\//eji
I am looking for a new anime to watch. I like anime's like Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Berserk, etc. No guns or hi-tech stuff.

Any suggestions?
as i see you like animes that suck ass, naruto in mind.
Then for you i can recommend DBZ, the original naruto .

sailor moon, digimon and pokemon is prolly also something for you, very shitty anime.

have fun
Hisoka44 is offline  
Old 2004-02-09, 18:56   Link #3
JecKeL
Captain JecKeL
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to JecKeL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka44
as i see you like animes that suck ass, naruto in mind.
Then for you i can recommend DBZ, the original naruto .

sailor moon, digimon and pokemon is prolly also something for you, very shitty anime.

have fun
WARNING: DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

:fingers:
__________________
JecKeL is offline  
Old 2004-02-09, 19:19   Link #4
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka44
as i see you like animes that suck ass, naruto in mind.
Then for you i can recommend DBZ, the original naruto .

sailor moon, digimon and pokemon is prolly also something for you, very shitty anime.

have fun
This coming from someone who's av and sn are from Hunter X Hunter...

Anyway //\\//eji, I recommend Hunter x Hunter. If you like Naruto, you'll probably like that since they're very similar. The manga is also by the same person as Yu Yu Hakusho, so that's more reason to think you'll like it.
Also you really should have posted in the suggestions forum, this kind of thing is why it's there after all.
edit: I see it was moved there already.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline  
Old 2004-02-09, 19:45   Link #5
daliinn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka44
as i see you like animes that suck ass, naruto in mind.
Then for you i can recommend DBZ, the original naruto .

sailor moon, digimon and pokemon is prolly also something for you, very shitty anime.

have fun
yeah that was kinda uncalled for....

Anyways, considering the animes you watch i would probably reccomend Inuyasha.
Another "ok" anime that you might like like is Ruoni Kenshin (I don't think this is spelled right). Maybe rent them and see if you like them first.

looks like I didn't, its Rurouni Kenshin
daliinn is offline  
Old 2004-02-09, 21:10   Link #6
JecKeL
Captain JecKeL
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to JecKeL
I've seen all of Kenshin and have all the OVA's...InuYasha I just can't get into.

I will try Hunter x Hunter....thanks

Does anyone know where I can get some episodes without waiting 20 hours on Bittorrent?
__________________

Last edited by //\\//eji; 2004-02-09 at 21:49.
JecKeL is offline  
Old 2004-02-09, 22:17   Link #7
Hisoka44
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by //\\//eji
I've seen all of Kenshin and have all the OVA's...InuYasha I just can't get into.

I will try Hunter x Hunter....thanks

Does anyone know where I can get some episodes without waiting 20 hours on Bittorrent?
i am no troll, i just think you watch shitty shows and recommended something i thought you would like.. OK, sailor moon and that crap i didn't mean, but dbz is very close to naruto in the way the story progresses in the anime. i read the narutomanga and watch the anime and the anime is a very poor excuse for animation, it is worse then dbz when you think of the slowness. Even if you like the story or not in naruto you must see that it is sooo slow.
The manga is rather good, though it has flaws. The biggest is that the foundation seams to be a complete copy of Hunter X Hunter. It might be just coincident, but i think the writer of naruto has read some hxh ^_^.
If i would choose naruto vs hxh it would be hxh in any situation. You get so much more background info in hxh, and the characters is to die for. As you prolly notice i am a Hisoka fan, my favorite animecharacter of all time, closely followed by Sesshomaru of course ^_^.

And that leads me into inuyasha. A very very very nice cellshaded anime, very beutifull anime and very catching, though i have to admit it is a bit dragging but the core characters is amasing and the animation is so wonderfull. So i recommend to you: Hunter X Hunter, inuyasha and all Gundam exept G Gundam, don't feel like explaining why because it doesn't need to, gundam is gundam and that for you must watch it and enjoy.

/Shinji - Hisoka44

//edit// removed a former edit ^_^ //edit//
Hisoka44 is offline  
Old 2004-02-10, 01:26   Link #8
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka44
i am no troll, i just think you watch shitty shows and recommended something i thought you would like.. OK, sailor moon and that crap i didn't mean, but dbz is very close to naruto in the way the story progresses in the anime. i read the narutomanga and watch the anime and the anime is a very poor excuse for animation, it is worse then dbz when you think of the slowness. Even if you like the story or not in naruto you must see that it is sooo slow.
The manga is rather good, though it has flaws. The biggest is that the foundation seams to be a complete copy of Hunter X Hunter. It might be just coincident, but i think the writer of naruto has read some hxh ^_^.
If i would choose naruto vs hxh it would be hxh in any situation. You get so much more background info in hxh, and the characters is to die for. As you prolly notice i am a Hisoka fan, my favorite animecharacter of all time, closely followed by Sesshomaru of course ^_^.
/Shinji - Hisoka44

//edit// removed a former edit ^_^ //edit//
Uh oh....a Naruto flamer....The massive Naruto-fan army (myself included) is rapidly closing in on your position. We will remove the infidel.

As for me, Naruto is my favorite 20 minutes a week
wsheit is offline  
Old 2004-02-10, 02:57   Link #9
dmg022
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I once thought that Naruto was one of the best anime out there..but when I started on HXH....well, you can say my opinions and likings for Naruto plummeted. HXH has an awesome plot and the characters are very likeable.
dmg022 is offline  
Old 2004-02-10, 07:02   Link #10
Hisoka44
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
Uh oh....a Naruto flamer....The massive Naruto-fan army (myself included) is rapidly closing in on your position. We will remove the infidel.

As for me, Naruto is my favorite 20 minutes a week
hehe, i must admit that i do long for it and want to watch it but i get irritated with everything they do to win time, to make the anime longer. Otherwise i thinks it is a good anime. Not as wonderfull as hxh but good ^_^
Hisoka44 is offline  
Old 2004-02-10, 13:06   Link #11
Spiggy
Invisible
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ohio for now
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by //\\//eji
I am looking for a new anime to watch. I like anime's like Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Berserk, etc. No guns or hi-tech stuff.

Any suggestions?
If you haven't seen them there's Scrapped Princess, Slayers, Record of Lodoss War, Fist of the North Star which I think is corny, Ninja Scroll which I forget what it's about, Vampire Hunter D, and I can't think of much more that doesn't have a high sci-fi tech or gun content. Last Exile is awesome in my opinion, but I think that you're looking for something along the lines of some superhuman people. Akira was good but it has a pretty good hi-tech content. Oh yeah...Shadow Skill is pretty funny, it has your superhuman people, it's kind of greek era-ish, morals, you just need to find people to get it from.
Spiggy is offline  
Old 2004-02-12, 13:04   Link #12
asordidtale
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Hmm...now I am intrigued...to suggest that this Hunter X Hunter is as good as/better then naruto...i am going to definately look for it. Does anyone know if it's licensed or not?
asordidtale is offline  
Old 2004-02-12, 14:02   Link #13
TangentZ
神の一手
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by //\\//eji
I am looking for a new anime to watch. I like anime's like Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho, Berserk, etc. No guns or hi-tech stuff.

Any suggestions?
It seems that you like shounen fighting anime.

- Flame of Recca (like YYH, especially with the tournament)
- One Piece (comical fighting, lots of humor)
- Shaman King (my ghost is better than yours!)
- Houshin Engi (battle of the gods)
- Saint Seiya (this one is a classic)
__________________
飛天御剣流天翔龍閃
TangentZ is offline  
Old 2004-02-13, 12:24   Link #14
Kamui4356
Aria Company
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by asordidtale
Hmm...now I am intrigued...to suggest that this Hunter X Hunter is as good as/better then naruto...i am going to definately look for it. Does anyone know if it's licensed or not?
As far as I know it's unlicensed. It's listed on animesuki, so it can't be licensed. As for it being better than Naruto, I've only read the HxH manga, so I can't comment on the anime.
__________________
Kamui4356 is offline  
Old 2004-02-13, 13:10   Link #15
TetrFlare
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to TetrFlare
I've watched the animes listed above. Think that both Hunter hunter and Naruto are equally good. Hunter X Hunter has a better plot than Naruto but Naruto's Ninja theme is unique.

Hunter X Hunter is a must watch, get Greed Island OVA too... Greed Island 2 OVA is coming out soon to conclude the whole show, so try to get everything. In my country the show is licensed on VCD and DVD... but I doubt so in the States.

Get Get Backers too... Highly recommended for the action and the skills the characters have.

Tokyo Underground is quite ok, although not the best, but if you have nothing to watch, d/l it.

ROD TV for the non violence fighting...

For Licensed anime, Flame of Recca (for the fights, not the plot)

Hope that answers your question.
__________________
I am the First and the Last, the Alpha and the Omega... Xenogear/Xenosaga
TetrFlare is offline  
Old 2004-02-13, 18:59   Link #16
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
I recommed One Piece,Shaman King(the best opening of all!) and Full metal Alchemist.
Nine Devil is offline  
Old 2004-02-14, 00:00   Link #17
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Definatly suggest Hunter X Hunter,Naruto is like DBZ + Hunter X Hunter.Flame of Recca is another.
__________________
Youko Recca is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.