AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-05-12, 04:05   Link #1
toru310

More ram = faster decoding in nero?

If you have more ram can you decode faster in nero vision?? If so I'm currently finding a mother board that can support any intel based processor that can also support 4gb of ram hmm let's say 1gb of memory each? I'm not looking for a gaming mother board I just need a mother board that can make my decoding faster. I mean It takes me 8hours for my dvd to finish and it's only 8eps. Oh yeah I have limited cash so go easy on me(minor).

Edit:Went to my current motherboard's website(that sucks) and found 4 slots for memory
http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWeb/Pro...uID=16&LanID=2

But still accepting other recommendations. Oh yeah also planning of purchasing a dual processor...Um so what's more expensive core 2 duo or a centrino duo? If core 2 is expensive what's the price range of the centrino duo.?
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 04:24   Link #2
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Decode as in rip or watch? Ripping, I don't think anyone can help you since it's crossing some red tape. If it's to watch, technically yes and no. You might simply need to download proper codecs to handle it or it could be a requirement of a graphics card.

Core 2 Duo is more expensive because it's a better processor, hands down. Keep in mind that the computer needs a good processor as well as a sufficient amount of RAM.
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 04:59   Link #3
toru310

So you more ram =nothing will happen? Oh yeah the decoding in nero vision is really really slow...The decoding? Hmm let's say I have .avi video file and I want to watch it in a dvd player that's what I meant...
Old 2007-05-12, 05:34   Link #4
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

4Gb is overkill. you have at least 1GB now right? 2GB is what I would shoot for economy wise. ram does help decoding/encoding but your processor is more important if speed is what you are trying to get at. ram is more of your limit cap. 1 hour per episode sounds normal though, takes life 45mins for me to encode in after effects. and if you seriously care about speed your not going to buy an economy priced centrino... get an economy priced AMD i have a 4200 64 duo

the way it works is lets say you have 2 buckets one with sand, one without.

the shovel scoop size is your RAM. and the hand power movement that moves the shovel is your processor.
now lets move sand from the bucket that has to the bucket that does not.
if your hand picks up the shovel real slow, it doesnt matter how big the scoop is.
Old 2007-05-12, 08:51   Link #5
toru310

Well actually I only have 512mb and I will be getting an additional 512mb this year so it makes 1gb..Hmm? Centrino Duo is ok right? if so I have to find a motherboard that can match that processor..
Old 2007-05-12, 15:21   Link #6
Ledgem
Love Yourself

If I understood right, you're basically re-encoding video for DVD players. In this case, the processor is more important. RAM would help if you're trying to multitask while doing this. The process of video encoding/decoding is generally more processor intensive than anything else, though.
Old 2007-05-12, 23:20   Link #7
toru310

Ahh I see oh well of to find a dual processor then.. and thanks!

Oh yeah is it ok to have 2 dvd burners/writers? or is it just weird??
Old 2007-05-13, 05:35   Link #8
Tiberium Wolf

The ram only helps if you are using more than you have. When you use more than the system ram the extra will be in the swapfile. HDD data transfers are slower than ram transfers. Get the point?
Old 2007-05-13, 06:44   Link #9
toru310

I understand . Well when you encode some files it actually caches it in the hard drive so it's slow...I guess extra ram and dual processors won't make it faster?
Old 2007-05-13, 08:40   Link #10
Tiberium Wolf

Everything will go faster with faster CPU.

I advise to buy core 2 due since every benchmark says they are the best at the moment.
Old 2007-05-13, 08:43   Link #11
toru310

I see...so far for saving cash...hehe and yeah I look that over..