AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-13, 00:14   Link #1
hoopdreams

Bartender

I thought this short series was awesome I just loved it does anyone know of other series like this one it doesnt have to be involving spirits but that would be a plus. Thanks
Old 2007-05-13, 19:23   Link #2
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Not many anime involving spirits around...

I'd recommend any slice-of-life healing anime. ARIA (both series), Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Shinigami no Ballad. Kino's Journey and Mushishi are also wonderful examples of episodic slice-of-life series, but they're a lot more dramatic.
Old 2007-05-14, 08:47   Link #3
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Bartender was pretty much unique among anime. I think of it more as a "slice of profession" anime, than a slice of life anime, and the nested stories within stories isn't something I've seen in any other anime like this.

I too hope another anime of this style comes out sooner or later, about a profession with a long history and many stories about it. "Mailman", "Mechanic", "Barber"... something like that!
Old 2007-05-14, 17:57   Link #4
hoopdreams

thanks for the replies i really wanted to check out kino's journey but i guess its been liscensed. yeah and i really do hope that there are more slice of profession anime coming out soon. the whisky epsode was awesome it got me totally into the whisky community.
Old 2007-05-14, 19:12   Link #5
retardation
phantom loser

spirits like spirits or spirits like spirits?
Old 2007-05-14, 19:27   Link #6
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

It's called "Bartender;" which kinds of spirits do you think it might be about?

Whisky as the liquor of rebellion -- one of my favorite episodes as well.

I'd agree with Goofus; I can't think of any other anime quite like this show. However, I just watched episode one of Gallery Fake today, which is the first show I've seen that reminds me of Bartender. It also has a jazzy soundtrack and concentrates on the profession of art dealing. Natural High, the performers on Bartender, also wrote and performed the second ED of Gallery Fake, though the subs don't yet extend out far enough to hear it.

The OST for Bartender is terrific; it's currently what I'm listening to while driving when I'm not listening to NPR.