AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2004-01-24, 16:16   Link #1
wnkryo
HainShodan

The series drags alittle...

Dont you think so? Cause I do. But, I still like it alot.
Old 2004-01-24, 16:34   Link #2
Grav
Gone

Send a message via AIM to Grav
I think the "say stupid thing then everyone's jaw drops as they scream" thing is abused. Often.
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-24, 17:04   Link #3
wnkryo
HainShodan

Ok I lied, the series doesn't drag alittle. It drags ALOT! Im not just talking about repeated frames, but im talking about how long they drag an arc. And is it me or all the powerfull characters, Zoro, Luffy, and Sanji, are never fighting together when a serious fight comes along? So then they can make the fight longer becuase one or the other needs to come to fight for them to win. Like the time when they were fighting that fish guy arlong, and luffy was out for like 3-4 episodes before he could even fight with him.

Bah, just my 2 cents~
Old 2004-01-24, 17:47   Link #4
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I think... you have to take into account... that they(sponsors and such) want to maximize ratings/profits/marketing for the show... it would be pointless to quickly breeze through a series when there is a high potential for making money.... especially a really popular one (even though it's been done many times to many other anime)... but still... I know what you're sayin about the arcs takin like 10 episodes or more... but that's what I like about One Piece... there's always shit happenin... you will occasionally get the bullshit episodes, but every anime has filler... and alot of action anime tend to have drawn out fighting (naruto/dbz are notorious for that crap)...

basically... what I'm tryin to say... is that it's a given that One Piece and other similar anime "drags a little"...
Old 2004-01-24, 19:25   Link #5
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

ONe Piece and Naruto is the most popular animes in japan. One Piece is a bit more popular. They're gonna suck money out of it.
Old 2004-01-24, 20:38   Link #6
dan0033

I don't think it drags on. Compared to recent Naruto eps(65,66-67 barely any progress) one piece seems to fly by. the arcs are like 7-13 eps each which isn't really that much imo. Also in every episode there is always something that adds to the story.
dan0033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 00:42   Link #7
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

Yeah, I can definetely handle 10 episode arcs better than 30 or 50. The other thing is that most of the time, I don't get too excited about the fights, but rather I enjoy the characters and the story telling going on around them. Unlike other shonen series, where the fights are the most entertaining part of the show, One Piece spends more time on the characters and their motivations and friendship, and that's more entertaining to me. When I watch Naruto, I keep asking myself, "When are these guys gonna' fight?" That's not good for me, as it means I've lost all interest in the characters themselves and all I'm interested in is the fighting. I don't know about the rest of you, but I've never felt that way about One Piece.

Besides that, pirates are cool...
Seifer_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 01:21   Link #8
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I love the long arcs . Plus the arcs so far in the anime up till episode 80 havent been as long as the chunin arc in Naruto which has been what episode 20-67 and counting so far thats 47 episodes! But that doesnt even bother me.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 02:16   Link #9
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
the future arcs in one piece as far as i can tell will be pretty long, but they were pretty long in the manga as well.
then chuunin exam arc in naruto took up.... what?a hundred or so chapters? 50- 140 i think? so a good 50 episodes i guess would be on track for that.... they'll probably drag it out to about 60 i think.
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 02:34   Link #10
Cuckooguy

I think the only part that was excessively dragged was the fight against Arlong and his henchman, and surprisingly, I found Ussop's fight to be the most entertaining o.o

I also thought the Arlong arc had the best story but most poorly choreographed fight in One Piece so far. Actually, the fight's in One Piece in general aren't very spectacular (not to say that they're bad, but...), but even then, the story and character development are awesome.
Cuckooguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 06:26   Link #11
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Well, i think of one piece as more of an adventure than an action anime, yes the fights are important, but they're not the most important thing, like in naruto.
Old 2004-01-25, 10:59   Link #12
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo
Well, i think of one piece as more of an adventure than an action anime, yes the fights are important, but they're not the most important thing, like in naruto.

Yah, but I love when Zoro fights becuase he is so freaken cool with his 3 katanas.
Old 2004-01-25, 17:11   Link #13
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Yah, but I love when Zoro fights becuase he is so freaken cool with his 3 katanas.
yup, i look foward to Zoro fights more than anyone else's. I think Oda purposely makes the Zoro fights the best for a reason.... because Zoro is nothing more than a bodyguard/fighter on the ship. Other ppl have their other jobs that they show off during the anime. Zoro just kinda sleeps and walks around getting lost. Then he comes up and slashes everyone and wat not. I mean, thats Zoro's job in the Straw Hat Pirates.
Old 2004-01-25, 17:15   Link #14
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Slash everyone?What about Eneru then
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-25, 17:43   Link #15
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Slash everyone?What about Eneru then
u know wat i mean. Eneru got lucky. Zoro should put some sea stone in his sword.
Old 2004-01-26, 03:14   Link #16
Jn183

I really don't mind dragging an arc since that help keep the anime from catching up to the manga. I wouldn't want to really watch an ending where the animator created when the anime was base on the manga.
Jn183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 21:12   Link #17
Phaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn183
I really don't mind dragging an arc since that help keep the anime from catching up to the manga. I wouldn't want to really watch an ending where the animator created when the anime was base on the manga.
Exactly, I love long series and I hope One Piece takes as much time as they feel like to complete. Of course there are going to be similarities in the arcs. There is always going to be a badguy that is doing something wrong and Luffy pounds on if you look at it from that perspective. I loved every minute of DBZ, and everyone whines about its being dragged on, so One Piece definitely doesn't bother me.
Phaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 08:31   Link #18
Nasuke

Send a message via AIM to Nasuke
I agree, every time I turn around someone is complaining about how bad Dbz is. One piece sorta reminds me of Dragonball the original series, I think it's because the similarities between little Goku(including teenage Goku in the Piccolo Jr arc) and Luffy. I also think One Piece movies has the best fights in movies one it comes to good animation. I don't think the series drags at all although sometimes I get the feeling if there are to many episodes in one arc that my be the last asr in the series. What really drags is Naruto, every punch they get in theres always a ten minute flashback to follow up. They been stuck on those 4 sound nins since August.
Nasuke is offline   Reply With Quote